New York Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: tiny1

Opinions of our govenour

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:53 PM
dryfly
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit it was real hard to read that liberal rag.But I sifted through all the anti-this and ant-that.I found this paragraph:

"For government to entice a citizen to break a law with a sting operation – that is, engaging in activities that a private citizen is prohibited by law from doing – is unconscionable and should clearly be illegal"

Note the word "should" clearly be Illegal.It is the authors OPINION that it should bee illegal.Not fact.Honestly after that paragraph I skimmed some more.Found the article ranting on the patriot act .So I moved on.But to summarize.No laws were broken.
P.S.forgot one more thing of that sentence from the article.It states "private citizen"Spitzer is not a private citizen.He was an elected official.Big difference in my book.
Also.You have a name that shows intelligence.
Originally Posted by Bdox
Take a look at this:

http://www.antiwar.com/paul/

He does not claim innocence, but he points out that Spitzer was guilty of using illegal investigatory tools against othere, and they he got caught in the same way...... Poetic justice but all crooked.

PS... I'm Bruce too

Old 03-19-2008, 05:12 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bdox
Take a look at this:

http://www.antiwar.com/paul/

He does not claim innocence, but he points out that Spitzer was guilty of using illegal investigatory tools against othere, and they he got caught in the same way...... Poetic justice but all crooked.
PUHHLEEZE.....1) if there were 1 drop of illegality here Spitzer would be able to exploit it. he is the master of these games. 2) his banks were following The Law by filing SAR's(suspicious activity reports) because of money shifting which appeared to be designed to stay below the $10,000 auto report.
3) his arrogance got him busted not illegal govt investigation.
i've been a student(as in watching his actions) of this guy for yrs, met him on several occasions(as AG) and actively campaigned against him in his run for Gov. and i was nervous doing so because he is a vindictive dink.
he's an ego maniac who knows the law yet thought he was/is smarter than everyone(even an observant bank employee) and that his connections and heavy handed tactics would keep peoples mouths shut.
he got caught because of others(lowly bank employees) following the letter of the law and referring it to the proper authorities. NOT because of, as your antiwar, govt conspiracy site suggests, some under handed tactic. which is how he operated by the way. he got busted by some clerk doing his/her job according to "the law".

Old 03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks for your input carl, but I think I am going to accept the "anti-war" Ron Paul's view on this ahead of yours. Since he has been a lawmaker for decades, I think his credentials on the issue are better than yours. (You met him. (?)) Of course you campaigned against him, he was a democrat! Of course he IS a jerk.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Citypol86
Senior User
Originally Posted by lenny1carl
PUHHLEEZE.....1) if there were 1 drop of illegality here Spitzer would be able to exploit it. he is the master of these games. 2) his banks were following The Law by filing SAR's(suspicious activity reports) because of money shifting which appeared to be designed to stay below the $10,000 auto report.
3) his arrogance got him busted not illegal govt investigation.
i've been a student(as in watching his actions) of this guy for yrs, met him on several occasions(as AG) and actively campaigned against him in his run for Gov. and i was nervous doing so because he is a vindictive dink.
he's an ego maniac who knows the law yet thought he was/is smarter than everyone(even an observant bank employee) and that his connections and heavy handed tactics would keep peoples mouths shut.
he got caught because of others(lowly bank employees) following the letter of the law and referring it to the proper authorities. NOT because of, as your antiwar, govt conspiracy site suggests, some under handed tactic. which is how he operated by the way. he got busted by some clerk doing his/her job according to "the law".
+1, I agree totally.
Power corrupts, absolute power corrputs absolutely.

Later...
Brewster...

Old 03-19-2008, 09:27 AM
dryfly
Elder User
You can believe all the fairy tales you want.The facts are the facts.Carl stated correctly.He IS the master of these games.And it was the money trail that raised suspicion and ultimately exposed him.These are facts.I don't know what Ron Paul is saying or doing quit frankly his OPINION means nothing.The facts are as stated.Spitzer broke the law and now its payday.We here in New York will worry about our elected officials.Thank you very much.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Originally Posted by dryfly
You can believe all the fairy tales you want.

OK, I'll start with your posts!

The facts are the facts.Carl stated correctly.He IS the master of these games.And it was the money trail that raised suspicion and ultimately exposed him.These are facts.I don't know what Ron Paul is saying or doing

And that quite frankly is the problem!

quit frankly his OPINION means nothing.

You amuse me, thinking that you understand the law better than Ron Paul!

The facts are as stated.Spitzer broke the law and now its payday.

Nobody disputed that, you missed the point.

We here in New York will worry about our elected officials.

Now you're just being an idiot! His "crime" was not committed in New York.

Thank you very much.
You're welcome.

This whole thing is just an amusing diversion, not worth starting a war over.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:28 PM
dryfly
Elder User
I have no idea what the hell Ron Paul has to do with this.Other than him stating his opinion.Which I'm sure nobody asked.But if you want to keep drinking the cool aid be my guest.Now as far as you calling me an "idiot".that is right out of the liberal playbook.When your wrong divert attention by reducing the conversation to names.very mature of you.I am now done with you.Have a good day sir.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:02 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Bdox,,,, a crime was committed in NY and possibly many. the "structuring" happened here. having the trollip leave NY could be a crime here and every other jurisdiction she passed through, possible misuse of the state police detail happened here.

the link you posted list no illegal activity used to catch the ex-gov and further says he was caught for... "Spitzer was brought down because he legally withdrew cash from a bank – not because he committed a crime."
this is a patently false statement. he was transfering small amounts of money to a dummy corp. specifically to stay under the $10K Auto reporting system (structuring--a crime) to hide other illegal activity.
i'll put it to you this way, my friends in the NY State Police know way more about this than Ron Paul.
the link you posted should be evidence of why RP couldn't be president of a bird watchers club let alone the US.
i've said it before and i stand by it...he's a friggin crack pot.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:08 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by dryfly
Now as far as you calling me an "idiot".that is right out of the liberal playbook.
Not that I care one way or the other, he shouldn't have used the term, but the "liberal playbook" sounds a lot like the conservative/Republican playbook.

I've heard the word "idiot" used by everyone on every side.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:11 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
By the way, who the heck cares WHERE he did it? Unless it was Nevada, and besides prostitution, they allow banking irregularities to cover misdeeds....

He's an idiot. He committed a crime. Either money laundering, prostitution, or whatever else he might have done.

There, I used the word "idiot"...

I voted for the idiot. My wife voted for the idiot.

The hypocritical, self-loathing idiot should be locked up for twice as long as a "private citizen" just because he knows better, he was an AG, a lawyer, everything.

Oh well...

Old 03-19-2008, 05:05 PM
Citypol86
Senior User
Originally Posted by krewat
Not that I care one way or the other, he shouldn't have used the term, but the "liberal playbook" sounds a lot like the conservative/Republican playbook.
Republicans- Beat you over the head with facts. Could be delivered better, maybe, but facts are facts.

Democrats- Facts don't matter. "I feel..." and "I think..." raise emotions and emotions rule. "I feel sorry for them..." not "they need to learn and earn..."

Later...
Brewster...

Old 03-19-2008, 05:14 PM
dryfly
Elder User
Krewat,While I agree name calling is done all the time by both sides.It does not mean that I need to sit here a listen to his garbage.But I am done arguing with this guy more so.Not for the name calling but the lack of reasoning on his part.He refuses to acknowledge the facts.And continues in this fantasy world that Spitzer committed no crime.It simply is not true.Spitzer DID commit crimes.Carl spelled most of them out.Leaving out one more.Tax evasion.I do believe He will be tried and convicted of some if not all crimes.And It couldn't happen to a more well deserving hell of guy.All bdox knows about Spitzer is What he's learned since this scandal emerged.All of us who actually live and work in this state.Well we know the real Elliot.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

I was right about you dryfly. Nowhere did I even hint that no crime had been commited. I do acknowledge the facts, one of which is that you don't have very good reading comprehension. You don't even know what you are arguing about.

And the idea that your opinion is better than that of an ethical veteran law maker is completely stupid.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:35 PM
dryfly
Elder User
The original argument was that,In your opinion,the government used "illegal tactics".I say no they did not.Because it is fact they did not use illegal tactics.Now go drink up on that cool aide.You and Ron Paul can fade away into obscurity.Little child.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:46 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Bdox you did say in post #51 and i quote..
"Now you're just being an idiot! His "crime" was not committed in New York.
Thank you very much."

there's 2 things wrong with that: 1) its factually wrong and 2) you are calling another member an idiot after misstating facts. this is our chapter and we treat eachother with respect here.
i don't know how people interact in the Navada chapter but we don't do it like you have in NY. start a thread in the club where it's allowed and bring your RP links with you. that'll be interesting.

Quick Reply: Opinions of our govenour