2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King Ranches come with turbo mufflers from factory?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:44 PM
XolieX
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Ranches come with turbo mufflers from factory?

i went to pick up my license plates from the dealer today and i looked at used supercrew f150s and the new ones and all the xlt's and lariat models have a hugh muffler under there. when i look at the king ranch's and mine, i see a much smaller muffler in there!

do king ranch's come with a better exhaust than a regular xlt and lariat? i'm sure it ain't probably ford, but maybe the the company king ranch does?

i also looked at the exhaust tip and rubbed off some dirt off the tip and saw the word gibson on the tip. my king ranch was owned by one of the big managers at ford locally and he said he got the truck the way he sold it back to the dealer here.

or do you think its maybe dealer thing here in marysville? truck does sound nice at start up and idle.

Old 03-09-2008, 09:44 PM
jaho1979
New User
Originally Posted by XolieX
i went to pick up my license plates from the dealer today and i looked at used supercrew f150s and the new ones and all the xlt's and lariat models have a hugh muffler under there. when i look at the king ranch's and mine, i see a much smaller muffler in there!

do king ranch's come with a better exhaust than a regular xlt and lariat? i'm sure it ain't probably ford, but maybe the the company king ranch does?

i also looked at the exhaust tip and rubbed off some dirt off the tip and saw the word gibson on the tip. my king ranch was owned by one of the big managers at ford locally and he said he got the truck the way he sold it back to the dealer here.

or do you think its maybe dealer thing here in marysville? truck does sound nice at start up and idle.
King Ranch trucks are mechanically identical to their Lariat and other counterparts, the package is purely cosmetic...sounds like you have a Gibson exhaust system in there, or a muffler swap of some sort and Gibson tip.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:28 AM
waynesworld
New User
Other then the interiors and labeling are there any other differences that the King Ranchs have. How many KRs did they make in 2007. My local dealer said they were not going to make them in 2008. I love my 2007 KR.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:24 AM
XolieX
Elder User
if its the same ar lariats then it must be a dealer thing because the other 08 king ranches they have on the lot have the same muffler and exhaust tip as mine!

so i guess i don't need another exhaust even though i'd like a dual exhaust! i must be looking at a volant cold air intake and a powercore filter!

Old 03-10-2008, 01:54 PM
r95018
Junior User
waynesworld -- They are making '08 KRs. I just bought one. They'll be making them in '09, too.

XolieX -- What jaho1979 said is right on.

Seems to me that the '08 5.4 F-150s sound a little "growlier" than '04-'07 models. (Don't think I'm trippin').

Old 03-10-2008, 10:08 PM
XolieX
Elder User
i would like to have dual exhaust but i guess its pointless at this point now!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:19 PM
waynesworld
New User
r95018, shows what my dealer knows, thanks. What color did you get?

Old 03-11-2008, 08:35 PM
4DOORSR
Senior User
Talk about a perk!

Old 03-12-2008, 07:35 AM
03redstx
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by r95018
waynesworld -- They are making '08 KRs. I just bought one. They'll be making them in '09, too.

XolieX -- What jaho1979 said is right on.

Seems to me that the '08 5.4 F-150s sound a little "growlier" than '04-'07 models. (Don't think I'm trippin').
Absolutely...the difference between my '06 and '08 is huge...sounds much throatier...another thread mentioned they have factory headers..

Old 03-12-2008, 05:49 PM
r95018
Junior User
Originally Posted by waynesworld
What color did you get?
I got Forest Green. 525 miles and I haven't enjoyed a vehicle this much since I had a '55 Chevy years ago!

Old 03-12-2008, 06:07 PM
r95018
Junior User
Originally Posted by 03redstx
...another thread mentioned they have factory headers..
Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not hearing things!

After reading your post, I compared an '05 F-150 with my '08, both with 5.4s, and the exhaust manifolds look the same. Just checked with Tracy, the Parts Mgr. at Johnston Motor Co. in Florence, OR, and he said the exhaust manifolds on '04 through '08 5.4s have the same part number. So, that's not the reason for the different sound.

Old 03-13-2008, 06:14 AM
03redstx
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by r95018
Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not hearing things!

After reading your post, I compared an '05 F-150 with my '08, both with 5.4s, and the exhaust manifolds look the same. Just checked with Tracy, the Parts Mgr. at Johnston Motor Co. in Florence, OR, and he said the exhaust manifolds on '04 through '08 5.4s have the same part number. So, that's not the reason for the different sound.
i'll try to find the thread..it was on this site

Old 04-07-2008, 09:32 PM
XolieX
Elder User
after doing some more research, all f150 i've seen have a plain jane exhaust tips and have that huge stock muffler in there (those things look like another gas tank). i even came across another king ranch that the owner said he bought from roseville ford and it has a stockish type exhaust tip and muffler. so i guess you guys are right about the KR and lariat are the same.

i went to the dealership to get my first FREE oil change and i looked at every king ranch they had (3 individual f150's) and they all have a chrome exhaust tip that says gibson. i'm assuming a gibson exhaust. i went under there to look and they all have a much smaller exhaust muffler under there like mine HOWEVER they don't have a single name on there! most mufflers would have a name on there and none of these don't. after looking in MOSS catelog, it looks the exact same as what in my truck and the other KR's in yuba city.

do maybe the dealer adding these gibson exhaust systems and somehow not getting the name gibson stamped into them? or is it just pictured in moss's catelog that the muffler has gibson stamped into there but it doesn't when u buy it.

also, after looking in youtube, my exhaust sounds pretty familiar than on youtube. and notice i say familiar and not the same!

any input would be apreciated!

Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by XolieX
after doing some more research, all f150 i've seen have a plain jane exhaust tips and have that huge stock muffler in there (those things look like another gas tank). i even came across another king ranch that the owner said he bought from roseville ford and it has a stockish type exhaust tip and muffler. so i guess you guys are right about the KR and lariat are the same.

i went to the dealership to get my first FREE oil change and i looked at every king ranch they had (3 individual f150's) and they all have a chrome exhaust tip that says gibson. i'm assuming a gibson exhaust. i went under there to look and they all have a much smaller exhaust muffler under there like mine HOWEVER they don't have a single name on there! most mufflers would have a name on there and none of these don't. after looking in MOSS catelog, it looks the exact same as what in my truck and the other KR's in yuba city.

do maybe the dealer adding these gibson exhaust systems and somehow not getting the name gibson stamped into them? or is it just pictured in moss's catelog that the muffler has gibson stamped into there but it doesn't when u buy it.

also, after looking in youtube, my exhaust sounds pretty familiar than on youtube. and notice i say familiar and not the same!

any input would be apreciated!

Dealer is probably putting a cheap muffler on there with a Gibson tip (you can buy them by themselves). And charging out the yang for it.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:51 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
XolieX, did you check the window stickers on those KR's? If those vehicles don't have a VW bug strapped up under them for a muffler the dealer must be slapping on an aftermarket setup. If they are they'd be adding them, and the extra cost, to the sticker.

Quick Reply: King Ranches come with turbo mufflers from factory?