Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Senior User

Milwaukee is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talking convert lightning to run on E-85 any idea's?

I am wondering if anyone know's how to get my lightning to run on E-85.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Posting Guru

rockstate45 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sell it to me and buy a new F150

Why do you want to convert it to E85? It is less energy than what gasoline puts out and is often times more expensive than the gasoline when you think about the mpg you get.

It seems like a waste of money to buy a conversion kit, (btw you'd need pretty much need a LOT of interal work, not to mention IDK if the SC would like that, new gas tank I think, hoses, sending unit, and some other things). Plus the fact that you'll be spending more on gas for a thirstier unit.

So, to recap.. lots of money for something that won't be as energetic as it was before, burns more gas, and will just be time you won't be able to drive your truck while they convert.

Why do you want to do it in the first place?

-rockstate
Old 03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Senior User

thinking of future I would like to have it use both. and i can super boost e85
Old 03-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Senior User

Talking

you want to buy it.nooooo It is my toy! lol
Old 03-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Senior User

387designs is starting off with a positive reputation.
From what I've read, mostly on a turbo stang forum, e85 is pretty sick for high performance cars/trucks. It is usually around 104-108 octane, so for high compression applictions its a pretty good idea. I read an article about a twin turboed 331 strocker foxbody running 30psi in each turbo pulling989hp with no missfires!!

PS Build a still then you can make your own!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Elder User

FORDSDOWNER is starting off with a positive reputation.
E85 is great for keeping the engine clean do to it high octane rating, but your mpg drops dramatically forcing you to spend more at the pump. I have freinds that will fill with E85 every few months because of this.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Posting Guru

aortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee
I am wondering if anyone know's how to get my lightning to run on E-85.
Yeah, I would like to see what it takes to get it to run on E-85.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:28 PM
Senior User

2kcrewcab is starting off with a positive reputation.
Seriously?

E85 is the biggest waste of govt fund ever! Don't waste your time "for the future" because E85 is not it.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Postmaster

Silver Streak is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I agree that E-85 is not going to be the wave of the future that everyone wishes it would be. It takes more energy to make it than it provides and that will only be worsened by large volume sales.

Converting a non-Flex Fuel vehicle to run on E85 is a waste. Almost everything about the fuel system is different. There has to be a sensor in the fuel line to tell the computer which fuel you are running so it can change the tune accordingly. If E-85 was all you would ever run you could just put in a tune to run on it, but that's a dangerous game since you never know what's going to be available at the filling station you're at.
145 rwhp, 272 rwtq

2001 Lightning #127
13.18@104, no chip, no pulley, no nitrous

Confuscious say "Man who have no use for jackstand have promising career as jackstand".
Old 03-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Senior User

Smile

ok no e85 how about electric motor?
Old 03-30-2008, 03:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150