1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Payments?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 02:09 PM
yamaracer18
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Payments?

what are you guys making for payments on these trucks i'm looking for a crew cab diesel! dealer told me 850 a month

Old 03-08-2008, 02:16 PM
SUPERDUTY_untouchabl
Posting Guru
How many months?

Old 03-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Ace!
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The payments should be relative to the price of the truck and number of months. If you're just looking for low payments you might try a used Ford Focus and get the longest loan you can, maybe 72 months or something. I bet your payments would be a LOT less.

Last year I bought a small trailer to tow with my truck and the payments were OUTRAGEOUS, $12,500 a month, but it was just one month, so at least I had that going for me.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:13 PM
one_wicked_element
Senior User
Originally Posted by Ace!
Last year I bought a small trailer to tow with my truck and the payments were OUTRAGEOUS, $12,500 a month, but it was just one month, so at least I had that going for me.
That had me laughing.

If you want a cheaper payment, look for used?

Old 03-08-2008, 04:14 PM
TEA
Freshman User
Made my first F250 payment today, $734. I went with Ford's 0 per cent financing for 72 mts, better off using their money then mine. Letting my money sit in treasury bills and earn interest.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:06 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by yamaracer18
what are you guys making for payments on these trucks i'm looking for a crew cab diesel! dealer told me 850 a month
Well son, there's your problem right there. Never ask a salesman what the payment will be. You gotta do your homework before you ever shake that dudes hand.

Figure out how much you can afford per month. Hopefully you can figure that out without too much problem If not, ask your mom for help.

Then go to the the ford vehicles web site and build the vehicle that turns you on. Right on that web site is a payment calculator. You'll need to know what interest rate you can qualify for, how much your down payment will be, your trade value if you have one. It will tell you your payment. If it's more than you can afford you need to adjust your options and expectations, maybe even a different model.

The only thing you want to negotiate with Mr sales dude is his selling price. Here is a hint, lower is better than higher. I usually figure my payment at retail price on the calculator because by the time I negotiate a better price and sales dude adds in tax and license, I'm back to close to MSRP. Well, not really that high, but the savings are gravy for me.

Good luck,
Bill

Old 03-08-2008, 05:24 PM
stroken
Posting Guru
I have a 2003 f350 fully loaded, bout about a year and a half ago, my payments are only 397 a month for 5 years...but I was 16 when I bought the truck so they were good numbers for me!!!!

Old 03-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Raining111
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not happy about it, but my credit sucked, and it was the best rate i could get.

ahh well. i love my truck, and she serves me well.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:26 PM
dkf
Hotshot
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
The first dealer I went to wouldn't tell me the interest rate on the truck loan, just told me the monthly payments. I left that dealership and never looked back. Some dealers will royally screw you on interest rates and will pocket some % for themselves.

Went to another dealer where I bought my new 04' SD. The dealer told me 5.99% for 60 months(I took the $5800 rebate and financed seperate) A couple days later the dealer that I bought the truck from told me they shopped around for my loan and got me a 5.49% interest rate. $565 month for 60 months with $2k cash down and no trade. The F-150 I priced at the first dealership I went to would have cost $35 a month more than the SD I bought. Shop around.

Old 03-08-2008, 05:59 PM
fivonut
Tuned
I saved for my truck and paid cash. My only monthly payments are regular maintenance.

Old 03-08-2008, 08:29 PM
ehchvac
Senior User
Just traded my 2004 f350 supercab diesel xlt 4x4 for a 2008 f250 reg cab v-10 xlt 4x4 and it cost me $11,000.00.
$3.80 a gallon for diesel, I dont think so.
One check, one time,... done.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:15 AM
one_wicked_element
Senior User
Originally Posted by fivonut
I saved for my truck and paid cash. My only monthly payments are regular maintenance.
So, how much did you save a month to be able to pay cash for the truck? You did a "truck payment", but just different then the rest of us.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:33 AM
mudmaker
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bought my 02 F350 new in Aug 02, paid 585 every month for 5yrs. Enough of that! Saved the money up for the X and paid cash. Now that I dont have any I really hate personal vehicle payments. Saving up the cash doesnt take as long as one thinks if you really commit to it. Sacrificing a little for a year or two is better than having a payment hanging over you every month for 4 or more years. JMHO

BTW when you are shopping do your own math on payments and deal with the dealer on the actual price, not monthly payments. If it is new you should be able to get them off the sticker at least $5k.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:02 AM
keith w
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by yamaracer18
The dealer should not have surpised you with this number. You should have known, at least within a few dollars, of where your payments would be. Seriously. If you knew where they should be, you would know if the dealer was trying to make a few bucks off of you on the loan, or whether he was trying to take you to cleaners.

As bpounds said, you never shop for payments. That's a sure way of paying way more for a truck than you need to. No one in the history of the world ever got more vehicle for their money by shopping payments vs. bottom line price. Shopping for payments before the price reeks of desperation. And while on the subject, never bring up a trade-in before you reach a final out-the-door price on the new truck. No one ever came out any better on their trade by paying a crazy inflated figure for a new truck. You would just be dealing with inflated prices on both.

My advice is to start over again. Find out the important things like invoice pricing, and how close you can actually get to that number. Then have them add that plus your tax and title and subtract your rebates and downpayment. Write that number down, that bottom line out-the-door price and go home and use some car loan calculators and figure out what the payments would be with various interest rates and loan terms. Then when you go back and see what they can do for you on financing, compare them to what you came up with and see where they stand.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:46 PM
del_allen1957
Junior User
I leased my last four Ford trucks through a independant leasing agency.
I have sold every one of them before the end of the lease and walked away with cash.
I re-leased my last truck because I like it. I did add a lift kit and tires to the 2nd lease.
My current payment is $446 a month.

This is my opinion:
If you are always going to have a truck payment - Lease it!

If you will be happy with your truck forever - Buy it!

Quick Reply: Payments?