Bio Diesel in a 6.0L? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Bio Diesel in a 6.0L?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Senior User

6.0superduty is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Bio Diesel in a 6.0L?

I have an 04 6.0 and was wondering if I would be able to make my own BD and run it in my truck. I have a buddy that has an 07 D-Max that he runs 100% home brew. I have heard mixed reviews about BD in the newer trucks. What do ya think? Is anybody runnin it in the 6.0L? Thanks

Kyle
remote start
5" lift with 35's
traction bars
4" MBRP turbo back straight piped to 6" single stack
some other pullin goodies
Old 03-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Post Fiend

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Biodiesel will work just fine, as long as it is high quality biodiesel.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 12-12-2015, 11:17 AM
Senior User

DomsF250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have run BIO and even SVO for a tank to try it and it ran just fine. Zero issues.

I even run a gallon of two-stroke for lubricity every 7-10 tanks.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:23 AM
Senior User

Otto396 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
How hard was this to set up? I'm curious to how well the biodiesel setup works and if its worth it.
I've forgotten something...
Old 01-12-2016, 02:01 PM
Senior User

TheCurtster has a good reputation on FTE.TheCurtster has a good reputation on FTE.TheCurtster has a good reputation on FTE.
Whether it's "worth it" or not is entirely up to the individual. Kind of like asking a guy who makes his own beer whether or not it's worth the effort to do.
I've been brewing my own biodiesel for a year or so now, and it's definitely a project, taking up some time and space. For me, I feel that it's worth it though, as I get a kick out of driving down the road with fuel I made. I like the exhaust smell as well. Apparently it's better for your engine too. I'm not sending my money to areas that hate us... I guess I could go on, but you get the idea.
What's your time worth?

Just my 2„ worth,

Curt

My 02 Ex, XLT, 7.3 PSD.
Level kit, Eagle wheels.
Dieselsite coolant filter, AIH delete, Mag-Hytec,
Dieselsite external transmission filter,
Hellwig rear sway bar, Banks exhaust.