1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Key Fob works on Both Vehicels

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Beamer 2
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Key Fob works on Both Vehicels

I have a '07 F250 I bought new. My wife bought a '07 Ford 500 also new. Both vehicles came with separate key fobs to lock/unlock the doors. I noticed last week end my truck key fob would lock & unlock both vehicles. My wife's key fob only works on her car.
It's great that I only have to carry one key fob now for both. How can I program hers to do the same thing?

Old 03-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Deluxe05
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go through the key fob programming process outlined in the Owners Guide. It should be around page 88 in your book...under the 'Locks and Security' section.

EDIT: corrected page number....was looking in the wrong book!

Old 03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
I thought about doing that too. But decided against it. For example, if we unlock my truck to take a drive, do I really want to unlock hers too? I guess if you always park far enough apart it would be okay, but we park side by side. So I would have to unlock mine, open the door, and then relock hers. Or if I forget, her car sits there unlocked.

Would work for some folks I guess.

As I recall, to reprogram remotes you have to do ALL the remotes at once, even the ones that were already working. You'll have to check to be sure, because my memory could be wrong.

Bill

Old 03-07-2008, 12:52 PM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
(This is just a side note for humor)
Being the good person that I am, I have a bad habit of walking through a parking lot and pushing the panic button and see if anything goes off (there are only so many codes available). Did find a few now and again. On one, I was waiting outside for the person to return, and when they pushed thiers to unlock, I would lock it back. Then i would set off the panic. They would disarm, and i would hit the panic again. This dude was about to pull his hair out by the time I got done.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:11 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thats my kind of humor, LOL

Old 03-07-2008, 02:18 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats horrible!

Old 03-07-2008, 02:33 PM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by D8chumley
Thats horrible!
It's a sick world, and I'm a happy guy!

Old 03-07-2008, 02:40 PM
D8chumley
Resident smarta$$
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like something I might need to try!

Old 03-08-2008, 04:46 PM
KitsKid
Senior User
Old truckers never die they just get a new peterbuilt! That is defintely something I am gonna try. HEHEHE that oughta drive em wild. I never thought that I might could do that to someone else's truck.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:20 PM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by KitsKid
Old truckers never die they just get a new peterbuilt! That is defintely something I am gonna try. HEHEHE that oughta drive em wild. I never thought that I might could do that to someone else's truck.
It's a long shot, but well worth the time spent when you find a victim!

Old 03-08-2008, 09:08 PM
heavyiron
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of our supervisors got a new truck last week, and unbeknown to him my business partner had the other remote (we were in the office looking out to the yard). This poor guy was tormented for about 30 minutes with the alarm going off every time he tried to lock the doors. We had to stop messing with him after 30 minutes because every man and his dog was standing around trying to help him "fix" the problem. He never did figure out what was going on .
I told him it served him right for wanting a Chevy!

Last edited by heavyiron; 03-08-2008 at 09:09 PM. Reason: missed a word!
Old 03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Perverse pleasures at it's best!

Old 03-10-2008, 01:58 PM
jomac11
Elder User
Originally Posted by westtntrucker
Being the good person that I am, I have a bad habit of walking through a parking lot and pushing the panic button and see if anything goes off (there are only so many codes available). Did find a few now and again. On one, I was waiting outside for the person to return, and when they pushed thiers to unlock, I would lock it back. Then i would set off the panic. They would disarm, and i would hit the panic again. This dude was about to pull his hair out by the time I got done.
I've always had remote starts on my vehicles, so when I was in college I messed with people a lot. My dorm had pretty much zero parking, so finding a place was a very happy occasion. I could see the lot from my window, so at night I would wait for someone to come into the lot, and then start the truck. It would sit there and run with the lights on, and the person would sit and wait for the spot. I would let them wait a minute or two, and then shut the truck off.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:43 PM
EZ-Ford
Senior User
Originally Posted by westtntrucker
Just remember when you find another vehicle that your fob will work on, chances are theirs will work on your. Now how safe do you feel with your truck parked in a parking lot with other people walking around trying various fobs...

Old 03-14-2008, 06:00 AM
westtntrucker
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by EZ-Ford
Just remember when you find another vehicle that your fob will work on, chances are theirs will work on your. Now how safe do you feel with your truck parked in a parking lot with other people walking around trying various fobs...
Very safe, thank you. I also have two other "failsafes" that will not allow the truck to be started. As for ripping off the contents, that is what insurance is for. I pay them to take the risk for me!

Quick Reply: One Key Fob works on Both Vehicels