Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Hey Bill W.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:37 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Hey Bill W.

Hey buddy you missed out on lunch today. Bart, a friend of mine, Sid & I met for lunch today. We missed you & I bought so you really missed out. I enjoyed it, a nice break from a hectic week. This has been a stressful week. I hate buying cars or trucks. It's change. Anyway Prescott Honda was just great. That was the easiest, & most pleasant transaction I ever did with a truck purchase. I will buy from them again. It is really clear why American car companies are in trouble. Dealing with Prescott Honda made it clear. The entire staff was very friendly & real helpful. Everything was out front & clear, no games, or BS, no pressure. They were willing to help anyway they could. The whole deal was complete in less than an hour. From the time we arrived until we drove out with our new to us Blazer. After lunch I realized the temp gauge & heater were not working so we stopped back & they put in a thermo no hassle, We headed home. Got to Ash Fork & the check engine light came on & it started missing. We drove 77 MPH all the way back. I called the dealership & they told me to take it to a shop & get it fixed & send them the bill. Well, My wife & I went to put gas in it to see what mileage it got running crappy. We got 17 MPG driving 77 MPH missing. After I got gas it just straightened itself out. The light when out & it runs great now. All I can figure when they put in the new thermo they used a pressure washer to clean up the anti-freeze on the engine & I got a idea that water got into an electrical connection threw the computer into a fit. Anyway I will drive it and see how it acts. It is a real nice truck & we both like it.
I'm headed to bed soon. Sorry you missed lunch.
Craig

Old 03-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great Buy Craig! and sorry I missed lunch, Where did ya go? Can't waite for the run, only 3 weeks YEA!!! Well I'm out the door for work TGIF! see ya all soon.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:18 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Yea, I'm excited also to get a chance to met everybody. Most of all have a nice time. Bart's a real nice guy, I was really glad we hooked up. I finally get to meet Travis. We didn't get hooked up in Flagstaff that day. Then there is you, our Vice Chapter Leader. So many others that I haven't got to know as well on-line. See ya April 5. Are you driving one of your Fords or are you going to drive something that doesn't cost as much to run, gas wise? I want to bring my F250 4x4 but gas is getting crazy here. I got it for $3.02 in Prescott yesterday so that isn't bad. Here in Kingman they are getting $3.19, Bullhead City is $3.07 at Maverick with the card tonight.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, As long as I fill up in Tucson I should be OK..... Hate to tell ya that I payed 2.91 last weekend, We live in a bubble here in Tucson. I talked to 3 other Painting contractors yesterday, all of them are slow, Not me! I have work for myself and Rick till end of April and after that we start a complete Remodel for my Mom Then we go to Pinetop to fix up her place up there. I sure am Glad that GOD gives me the ability to stay busy. Hey, Does any one know how many people are going to be at the Meet?

Old 03-08-2008, 06:32 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
I haven't heard, I hope a bunch show up. But it may only be a few of us. But either way it should be fun. Yea, I was a contractor for 10 years. I too was blessed with plenty of work. If you do good work & are on time, and get the job finished in good order, that I found was the key. I use to hear it all the time, how they hired someone and they never came when they said, or they show up a few days then you don't see or hear from them for a week or so & the job is only part done. If you want a good contractor find a busy one. Because most busy ones do good work that is why they are busy.
Craig

Old 03-08-2008, 08:50 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,675 Likes on 1,131 Posts
What ever are you doing I always tell people I am mean and nasty so they don't get thier hopes up about me.

Originally Posted by kermmydog
Yea, I'm excited also to get a chance to met everybody. Most of all have a nice time. Bart's a real nice guy, I was really glad we hooked up. I finally get to meet Travis. We didn't get hooked up in Flagstaff that day. Then there is you, our Vice Chapter Leader. So many others that I haven't got to know as well on-line. See ya April 5. Are you driving one of your Fords or are you going to drive something that doesn't cost as much to run, gas wise? I want to bring my F250 4x4 but gas is getting crazy here. I got it for $3.02 in Prescott yesterday so that isn't bad. Here in Kingman they are getting $3.19, Bullhead City is $3.07 at Maverick with the card tonight.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:46 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Bart,
After they get to know me they won't believe a word I say. So don't worry your cover wasn't blown.