Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Junior User

horser72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bio-Diesel Question

This maybe a repeat question but I'm new to the part of the forum, I have a '04 6.0 psd 4x4 and don't want to modify my truck alot but would like to try Bio on my upcoming trip if I can find it. Question is want is the numbers b5 b20?
95%regular diesel and 5%bio and so on and what % is safe to use with no mods. Thanks
Old 03-06-2008, 03:37 PM
Elder User

haulingboat is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by horser72
This maybe a repeat question but I'm new to the part of the forum, I have a '04 6.0 psd 4x4 and don't want to modify my truck alot but would like to try Bio on my upcoming trip if I can find it. Question is want is the numbers b5 b20?
95%regular diesel and 5%bio and so on and what % is safe to use with no mods. Thanks
You can run any mix you want with out modifications. BioD will run in your truck exactly the way it is. I noticeda small decrease in mileage and slight lose in performance from my tuner/mods. In my area BioD sells for less than DinoD so I still get the same miles to the dollar as with dino d plus all the benefits.

No mods needed. Run whatever mix you like.

2010 F150 FX4 Screw - 1st mods to come - Line X - Leveling Kit - AT Tires
Old 03-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Posting Guru

Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Phydeaux88 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ford says B5 is all you can use. They will attempt to blame BD for any ills your warrenty should cover in order to avoid providing warrenty service.
Many use much higher and it really not possible for them to tell the percentage you were running unless you still have a tank full of B(higher than 5) when you go in for service.

Practically speaking you can run B100 without any mods.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Senior User

TchTchr is starting off with a positive reputation.
and . . . the biodiesel lubes everything along the way!

Vehicles:

2001 F-250 CC - Vegistroke, many performance goodies - scary fast off the line

1981 Mercedes 300TDT - greasecar conversion, what a highway cruiser!

1963 Chevy II - bone stock - restored (by me), my grandpa bought new, my first car (1980) - my baby
Old 03-07-2008, 09:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels