Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2008, 10:39 PM
New User

resim67 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spray on bed liner

I have a '67 F-100 that I've had for about 10 years. Great truck and very dependable - wouldn't trade it for a new one period. I have developed some surface rust in the bed and am seriously considering a spray in bed liner. Should I use something like Rust Bullet before having it lined? Any thoughts on which liner system works the best ie Rhinoliner... What do you think about getting the floor of the cab done at the same time to protect it and help keep road noise down? Eventually she'll need a paint job - any problem with doing the liner now and painting sometime in the future (probably years in the future the way things go!)

Thanks Jay
Old 03-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Senior User

dgrant09 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jay
I have been thinking about the same idea of the liner. I like the possibility of the rust inhibitor application before the liner which I had not thought of. Thanks for bringing this up!!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Senior User

carpenter547 is starting off with a positive reputation.
hey resim i've recently looked into this same thing.
rhino liner is a softer more rubbery liner it is best for trucks that will have a camper or touneau and won't be exposed to the sun
lineX is a very hard bed liner it last a LONG time. it is best for trucks that will have their beds exposed or be carrieng cargo that would rip up the rhino lining
as far as the rust goes most guys will take off any surface rust durning the coating process. the liners themselfs will keep the rust from coming back by blocking all water that can get to it
but lineX and rhino lining will set you back about 1000 dollars depending on what you want done

"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach him to fish he will be fed for life"
-- Unknown Author--
"I'll make it fit!"
--Jacob Still--
Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Senior User

Mr Jimi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lightbulb

A good friend and neighbor of mine did his with a brush and a paint roller and it came out nice and it was not much $$ at all
yes, get rid of all rust before applying a coating over it

F-550 Pick Up

I'm looking for a 19.5 wheel & tire for a 02 dually near Jacksonville, Fl.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:40 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners