Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Senior User

greenmachinejohn has a good reputation on FTE.greenmachinejohn has a good reputation on FTE.
toeheadproductions@ymail.com
NASCAR Busch series (nationwide) Mark Martin vs Carl Edwards

What happened to the good old fashoned racing. Tonight just watched the Busch series now called nationwide series cause they want to screw with our brains. Anyways last 10 laps it was Brad, Edwards, Martin and Biffle. Now we all know Mark is now a DARKSIDER driving for Hendricks. As Carl is racing side by side with brad, Mark punts Carl causeing both Carl and Brad to connect with the wall. Mark of course goes and wins the race with Biffle in Second. Hendricks drivers have been known to do this kinda stuff, but Mark Martin? I used to have alot of respect for Mark up untill this little stunt. I would expect this stunt from Johnson, Gordon, JR., and even Stewart. But never Martin he has always been someone i have looked up to. Until today....
2000 Ford F-350 XLT V10
2008 Headland BigHorn 3670RL 5th wheel.
1986 Wilderness 215B 5th wheel for sale $2,000.00
Old 04-05-2008, 03:42 AM
Elder User

kaboom10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
kaboom ten
Unfortunately NASCAR has changed from it's former great self. With the pressure to excell/win some of the dirty under handed tricks are appearing. Look at the fact that Toyota is deep into an American sport. It's money that fuels it now not competition. I remember when it was a lot of fun back in the 70's and 80's. NASCAR officials coming to Holley to watch us flow a suspicious carb or having Smokey Yunick help us out. I'm surprised the officials don't issue the carbs now. I think Mark had a falling out with Jack to make him leave. Roush has pulled some under handed tricks at times.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:18 AM
Senior User

greenmachinejohn has a good reputation on FTE.greenmachinejohn has a good reputation on FTE.
toeheadproductions@ymail.com
Its all politics and money... no long are the days of good ***** to the wall racing. now they have "restricter plates" and all the crap to make the sport "equal" I say let 'em ride. all or nuthing. i would rather watch 3-5 cars lap everyone then watch them all pilled up together. But nascar doesnt care what the fans want. they just want there money. And they like those green, white, chekers. for some reason.
2000 Ford F-350 XLT V10
2008 Headland BigHorn 3670RL 5th wheel.
1986 Wilderness 215B 5th wheel for sale $2,000.00
Old 04-05-2008, 07:56 AM
Elder User

kaboom ten
I agree. Where did they ever come up with the idea of a level playing field?You have a minimum weight with percentages left and right sides with tire width. Then let the best team win.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
Heh, fords used to DOMINATE before restrictor plates. ahahaha.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:00 AM
Elder User

kaboom ten
Chevy cried and Ford died along with Mercury, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, etc. Amazing what under the table cash can do.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:00 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Tags
autobiography, busch, bush, carl, columbia, edwards, ford, leave, mark, martin, missouri, nascar, series, serise, type, v6