2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Remote start/alarm Now what??

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 04:18 PM
jaym69
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start/alarm Now what??

On a 2006 f150 Screw I just installed a remote start, alarm, keyless system. It is the ford system. I can't get it into programing mode. I tried with the door open, closed, foot on brake and off brake.
When I first reconnected the battery the horn and siern sounded for a few seconds ( i assume that is normal) then the horn chirped like three times. The led was flashing fast after that but now I don't think it is on at all. I hold the override button and the horn does not cirp to indicate entering programing mode. I am going to disable the alarm once I enter program mode.
The only wire that I did not connect is the unlock switch sense because I could not find the orange/pink wire and I believe it is for keyless and should not be the problem.
Any ideas?

Old 03-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Twinsdad98
Elder User
Search this forum because a few other people were having issues as well. But you do need the unlock wire because when you hit the starter, the doors lock. I think since you didn't hook it up, that's the issue.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:31 PM
Ford Fx4
Laughing Gas
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts
Do you have the key in the on position?
you need it in that position to enter programming..

Did you ground the unit from a factory ground point?
the unit needs to see a ground also to enter programming

Old 03-01-2008, 04:44 PM
jaym69
Senior User
Ok it did attempt to start when I pressed the start. The horn chirped once (indicating that the securilock is not programed. I started with key after that and the alarm went off. Had to disconnect battery to shut alarm off. I think it has ground and everything. If I can get into program mode I can disable alarm till another day. The keyless does not lock or unlock doors probable due to lack of unlock sense wire connection.

Just thought----Maybe I should have pressed unlock on started fob to disable alarm.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:41 PM
jaym69
Senior User
UPDATE -- I changed the black/blue wire (dome light supervision) that I connected to and was able to enter program mode. I made the changes I wanted.

I attempted to learn the tach but had no luck (no chirp for signal). Was unable to get back into program mode, but I programed the securilock. After programming the securilock it starts remotely and works fine without ever programming tach. It did not see an option for tachless so I don't know why it does not tell me to program the tach.

I will work on the lock and unlock wires another day when weather is warmer and not muddy outside.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:16 PM
blink201
New User
Do they make a factory remote start for my 2005 XLT supercab? Is it difficult to install?

Old 03-29-2008, 11:17 PM
boulderbronco
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Good post. So what is the problem you are having now Jay? I have been dealing with my 05 for a few months now. I let it sit for a while but will be back at it tomorrow. I have an Omega RS-4LX remote start. The truck has factory alarm/keyless. I struggled to figure out which lock/unlock wires to tap into to engage the remote start. Seems I have that figured out but it kind of sucks. I have to hit the lock button twice within 5 seconds. So whenever I go to lock the truck I have to remember to hit lock and wait 5 seconds to hit lock again to arm the alarm. You guys know any way around that? Now the main problem. I have an Omega IM04 bypass for the PATS system. But I can't get it to program. If the key is in the ignition the remote start will work but it will turn off again in 10 seconds. If the key is not in the ignition the remote start will kick on for a second and then kick off, not even trying to start the truck. Jay, what are you using to disable the PATS system?

Old 03-31-2008, 12:40 AM
jaym69
Senior User
I am using the Ford PATS bypass that is connected to the remote starter. Was easy to program, like a third key.

When your key is in the ignition it is using the key's chip to work the PATS. Sounds like you should be able to change an option to avoid hitting lock twice to arm the alarm.

I still have to find the the correct wires for the lock and unlock features to work from the starter remote. There are several similar colored wires. I still have not found the wire needed for the "unlock switch sense". I am waiting for warmer weather to tear into it more.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by boulderbronco
Good post. So what is the problem you are having now Jay? I have been dealing with my 05 for a few months now. I let it sit for a while but will be back at it tomorrow. I have an Omega RS-4LX remote start. The truck has factory alarm/keyless. I struggled to figure out which lock/unlock wires to tap into to engage the remote start. Seems I have that figured out but it kind of sucks. I have to hit the lock button twice within 5 seconds. So whenever I go to lock the truck I have to remember to hit lock and wait 5 seconds to hit lock again to arm the alarm. You guys know any way around that? Now the main problem. I have an Omega IM04 bypass for the PATS system. But I can't get it to program. If the key is in the ignition the remote start will work but it will turn off again in 10 seconds. If the key is not in the ignition the remote start will kick on for a second and then kick off, not even trying to start the truck. Jay, what are you using to disable the PATS system?
Look in your manual and see how to "double pulse" your lock wire. Double pulsing your lock wire is the same as hitting the button twice...it just does it when you hit the button once.

Old 03-31-2008, 05:42 PM
boulderbronco
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by black04lariat
Look in your manual and see how to "double pulse" your lock wire. Double pulsing your lock wire is the same as hitting the button twice...it just does it when you hit the button once.
But if my stock remote only requires one push then it will remote start anytime I lock or unlock the truck, depending on which wire I tap into. Am I missing something? Is this something that is in my truck manual? I have used this particular remote start a few times so I am quite familiar with it. The only option is for a single or double pulse to activate the remote. Right now I have it on double.

Originally Posted by jaym69
I am using the Ford PATS bypass that is connected to the remote starter. Was easy to program, like a third key.

When your key is in the ignition it is using the key's chip to work the PATS. Sounds like you should be able to change an option to avoid hitting lock twice to arm the alarm.
I could change the setting on my remote starter but like I said above that would make it start every time I hit a button. How do you have yours hooked up to activate the remote start?

Originally Posted by jaym69
I still have to find the the correct wires for the lock and unlock features to work from the starter remote. There are several similar colored wires. I still have not found the wire needed for the "unlock switch sense". I am waiting for warmer weather to tear into it more.
I can take a look for you and let you know what I used. It was a real PITA because I couldn't get a signal on my multimeter. I found wires that work and activate the remote I'm just not 100% sure they are the ones I was looking for originally.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by boulderbronco
But if my stock remote only requires one push then it will remote start anytime I lock or unlock the truck, depending on which wire I tap into. Am I missing something? Is this something that is in my truck manual? I have used this particular remote start a few times so I am quite familiar with it. The only option is for a single or double pulse to activate the remote. Right now I have it on double.
I am not familiar with that particular brand/model of remote start. I assumed that it was a remote/alarm/keyless. But now I see that you stated it was factory keyless and the remote start is controlled thru that. Sorry I can't be of much help. It has been a couple years since I was an installer and we did mainly aftermarket stuff which required a new remote.