Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Useful Member Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 03:53 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 222 Likes on 181 Posts
Useful Member Information

I'm going to be placing things in here that you guys might/want need.

(NOT TO BE POSTED IN)

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 02-28-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:24 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Here is our logo, if you guys would like to copy it for you own needs!

Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2008, 04:31 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
For all members: Please check your PM box on a regular basis. I try and send out a chapter-wide pm about once a month, but several members have not read them, and their mailbox is not full. If you wish to NOT recieve pm's from my, let me know!

Old 03-01-2008, 11:21 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I have created a recruitng flyer for the chapter. If anyone would like to see it, pm me your email, and I can send it to you. I can't post it, since it's a word document, and I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to change it!! I'll be placing these on trucks here in Omaha, if any of you would like to have a copy and help out, let me know!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:38 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Something you guys may want to think about is becoming a Club FTE member (no, I'm not doing a sales job!!). There are several benefits from becoming a supporter. Here is a link to check out if you are interested

FTE supporter benefits

Just something to think about!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:44 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
I figured out how to post this thing! You can either copy it from here, or pm me if your interested!

Old 03-12-2008, 04:17 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
For you guys that have a signature that you put in your postings, I'd like to see if we could have our members state they are members of the Nebraska Chapter, so when you are out in the tech forums, other will see this, and maybe come check our forum out. Just another random thought bouncing around in my mostly empty head!!

Old 04-02-2008, 03:29 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
And speaking of signatures. if you haven't made yours up, you should. It would be nice to at least see a first name in the signature, so we know who we are talking to. Or, put in at the bottom of your post, at least while your in the chapter forum.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:46 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Here is the updated Chapter Logo

Old 05-15-2008, 06:44 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
To access your user control panel, USER CP, click on user cp in the blue shaded area of the tool bar just below the thread title. In this example, under +++++ User Control Panel(user Cp) +++++.

In the user control panel, you have the following selections under “Settings & Options”, (left hand side of the page):
Edit Signature
Edit Email & Password
Edit Profile
Edit Timeslip
Edit Options
Edit Gallery
Edit Avatar
Click on any of those selections to change or add information to your control panel. Keep in mind, YOU NEED 25 POSTS IN ORDER TO SETUP YOUR SIGNATURE.

EDIT SIGNATURE: The screen that opens is very similar to the post window that opens when you use the “Go Advanced” option to post a reply. Suggestion here is that you use a font like “Verdana” size “2”, so the signature is not too large and is easy to read on screen in your posts. There are a number of formatting, colors, link options available. Become familiar with those options in the tool bar above the text box.

EDIT EMAIL & PASSWORD:This is pretty straight forward, nothing complicated here.

EDIT PROFILE: Here is where you make changes to your name, address, etc. Under Optional Information – All information will be viewable by other forum members, you can add Your birth date, Instant messaging username, Details about yourself, Where you live, Your Hobbies, etc. and Zip code. In “Where You Live”, put your city/town and two digit state. For example, Seaford, DE. This will show in your posts on the upper right hand side as “Location”.

EDIT OPTIONS: This is an important section if you want to display your signature, avatar, and images in your posts.

Allow vCard Download, check box if you want others to be able to download a vCard that contains your email address and username.

Messaging & Notification Check the boxes for Receive Email from Administrators, and the box Receive Email from Other Members.

Private Messaging, Check the box to Enable Private Messaging.

Check the box to Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages. Check the box to Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up.

Thread Display Options, Check each box to Show Signatures, Show Avatars, and Show Images. If you do not check those boxes your signature, avatar or images WILL NOT be displayed in your posts.

The other options in this section are for personal preferences for how you want to see threads displayed number of posts per page, thread date cut-off.

Date & Time Options, This is self explanatory.

Miscellaneous Options, Select Enhanced Interface – Full WYSIWYG Editing.

EDIT GALLERY: Selecting this option takes you to a new window where you can setup a gallery for pictures of your Ford vehicles and upload those pictures from this page.

EDIT AVATAR: This is where you add personality to your posts by adding a picture. Two options, you can add a picture by linking to a page on the internet, your gallery, etc. or you can upload a picture from your computer. Keep in mind that the size of the custom image is limited to 120 by 100 pixels or approximately 12.2 KB. A program that I found useful is called “Shrink Pictures” and is found here: Create Avatar .

NEEDLESS TO SAY YOU HAVE TO SAVE YOUR CHANGES OR ADDITIONS EACH TIME YOU MAKE CHANGES OR ADJUSTMENTS.

This is a summary of how to use the User Control Panel to make your membership in FTE more enjoyable for you, the members of the Nebraska Chapter.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:46 PM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Ooops. Logo got removed when I made a new file!! here is the new logo!