Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2008, 07:53 AM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
Ford's new Transit Connect

Anyone seen the transit connect on the Ford web page? I didn't see any drive train or pricing specs but it looks like it'll be quite impressive.

Tim
Old 02-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Postmaster

PowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to beholdPowerStrokeHD is a splendid one to behold
Ford is still a ways off (+/- 2 years) from bringing the Transit to the US, so I would not expect to see any of the information your are looking for anytime in the near future.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Senior User

bluedevil3758 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i think its more like next summer
Old 02-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Posting Guru

builtfordtough13 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The transit connect and the transit are to different things. The transit connect is coming to america next summer. It will have a 2.0L engine so obviously its not very big. Heres a link about the transit coming to america: http://www.autosavant.net/2008/02/is...s-transit.html
and heres a link about the transit connect coming to america:
http://www.autosavant.net/2008/02/tr...rts-of-it.html

Old 02-28-2008, 12:57 PM
Posting Guru

KingRanchMan02 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.KingRanchMan02 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I can see the Transit Connect being the vehicle of choice for people with physical handicaps. Especially considering what the market offers currently and the problems with those conversions that I have heard of.
FTE Ride of The Week, 4/20/09 !!!
`08 Mercury Sable Premier, 3.5L Duratec, 6 speed auto
Old 02-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Senior User

db_tanker is starting off with a positive reputation.
KingRanchMan hit that nail with the Connect. Real good access for folks who ain't too mobile.

and as the one article said...UPS is probably drooling over getting the full size Transit.

With the conversions I have seen done with the Sprinter's over here into motor-homes, heck I might look at a full size Transit for that if they made 'em.

2005 F-150 SCAB XLT 4.6
Flowmaster and an Edge Evo
2" lvl kit and 285/75-17 TA-KO's
"an underpowered pig that can't get out of it's own way"

Vitesse Et Puissance

NRA
TSRA
Old 02-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Elder User

LilDuke is starting off with a positive reputation.
The '08 sprinter with 6cyl diesel has 157hp. This is also the best van I've ever owned. More power than you could ever need. Extremely manuverable. Great in the snow.

If ford woulda had that here, I would have bought it. Especially if they offered it with some type of inline 4cyl or v6 diesel. nothing like hauling 6000lbs at 23mpg.

Hiding in my own little corner of the world!
Old 03-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Senior User

fruth04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
we have 3 sprinters for the electrical shop i work for, one is already on its second motor at 30,000miles and another had a turbo meltdown pulling a 5000lb trailer... neeedless to say they have their purposes

Traded 05 6.0 f250 Xlt w/ Black Leather,MBRP 4" turbo-back, Dick Cepek DC-2 20x9, Tuff Country 2 1/2" leveling kit, Lots of Chrome.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Elder User

Jonas1022 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sprinter is a light duty commercial vehicle. It wasn't designed for the American load carrying mentallity in mind. Carry it till you need it.

They take everything out if they don't need it banging around in the back. Put it back in when they need to have it at the job.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:51 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect

Tags
connect, homes, motor, supercharger, transit