The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Best story?

Old 02-07-2008, 11:57 PM
SixInaRow
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best story?

What is your best Ford Truck story?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:41 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
I stuck my Ranger into a cotton field, mud up the to frame rail, water to the passenger door handle door handle. Took a 3/4 ton Dodge with a Cummins and 35 boggers to pull hard enough to suck me out.

You can see on the rocker panel how deep I was in most of the way, then you can still kind off see the water line right below the door handle. The air intake is in that front quarter panel, somehow it didn't get flooded out, the filter just got a bit wet. The engine didn't die once.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:09 PM
cdrmotorsports
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was doing a "powerslide" with my Ranger in a big field at 40 MPH when I caught a rock just the right way and ended up on two wheels and nearly peed my pants. I have never come that close to rolling anything and never want to try that again. I swear if I was 10 lbs. heavier that thing was going over.

Old 03-05-2008, 12:31 AM
Truckin4life
Street Queen to the extr3m3
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got stuck in a field, burried the truck up to the frame in mud. Went and borrowed big cat front end loader to pull truck out with, almost got loader stuck, finally got truck out. Started my truck up, no exhaust. I got out of my truck, and managed to get back to the pit i had created and saw my stock exhaust just laying there, well parts of it any ways, the mud had suctioned around it and when ipulled the truck out. The exhaust stayed and the truck went pulled exhaust out with loader also, returned loader and snuck home as quitely as you can with open headers,

Old 03-08-2008, 02:47 PM
gnwalker
Elder User
A buddy of mine took his '71 f250 with a 352 and drug a '8? half ton chevy with a 350(that was suppose to be built) across a Texaco parking lot. A few weeks later the chevy guy was still pissed and wanted some of my buddys '68 f250 with a 300 I6. This time the chevy got drug 200 yards down a tar and chipped road. I was in the Ford during that one, what a wild ride. We never heard from Mr. Chevy again

Old 03-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Truckin4life
nothing like a ford pullin around a chevy!!!!!!
Ive pulled off once, but i guess you could say i cheated, as i have GRANNY LOW!!! ha ha ha ha, i guess somebody learned there lesoon though. Good to hear the fords prevailing over the chevys!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 08:58 PM
FordTruckGuy7
New User
A few years ago me and a buddy were in his Ranger and we hit a tree stump so damn hard we bent the frame. Truck is now officially an off-road vehicle, it's not road safe and the frame is not fixable. Insurance totaled it and he bought it back for $400.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:25 AM
mstiles19
Posting Guru
pulling stuck chevies and dodges with horse trailers out of the mud. I pulled out about 6 in a row. All the trucks and trailers were stuck frame deep in mud after sitting in a soggy field for a weekend. I pulled every thing from 1/2 tons hauling little 2horse trailers to 1 tons haulin 35ft fifthwheels. Everyone there said it would have made a perfect ford commercial.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 AM
Truckin4life
Originally Posted by mstiles19
pulling stuck chevies and dodges with horse trailers out of the mud. I pulled out about 6 in a row. All the trucks and trailers were stuck frame deep in mud after sitting in a soggy field for a weekend. I pulled every thing from 1/2 tons hauling little 2horse trailers to 1 tons haulin 35ft fifthwheels. Everyone there said it would have made a perfect ford commercial.

is that the only pic?

That is great, nothing like a ford!

edit: nothing like a chevy to make a ford look good!

Old 03-13-2008, 09:30 PM
wedefyu
Senior User
I'm 6'4" and still managed to get it on with a chick in my 97 Ranger.....

Old 03-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Truckin4life
Originally Posted by wedefyu
I'm 6'4" and still managed to get it on with a chick in my 97 Ranger.....
awesomeness, rangers arent the easiest thing to " get it on " in.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:50 PM
GeezerSi
New User
I had decided to lay crushed stone along the bottom of several hundered feet of split rail. So I drove to my local quarry first thing, and waited in line with all of the big dump trucks to weigh in. The guy then told me to drive up to the top. When I get there, I see this huge front end loader filling up a dump truck with a bunch more waiting their turn. I pulled out of the way from them, and figured I'd be waiting a while (no problem). After filling the dump truck, the guy in the loader drives over to me, and I figure "oh sh**, what'd I do wrong." He says, "How much you want?" I say, " I only need 2 tons." He then goes over to the pile, and dips just the corner in a little bit. He comes over and gently pours it into my bed as I watch the suspension lurch down an inch or so at a time as he slowly dribbles a little more, then a little more. My rear probably dipped down five or so inches when he was done, and he says, "OK." when I got back to the scale, my weight was 3950 pounds more. I was impressed!

I made several more trips, and had to hand shovel all of it. My aching back.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:49 PM
agtheokie
New User
done the same thing. Except on the way home i hit a dip in the road wrong and it threw the load up. And wow. that was a crazy ride.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:58 PM
GeezerSi
New User
Originally Posted by agtheokie
done the same thing. Except on the way home i hit a dip in the road wrong and it threw the load up. And wow. that was a crazy ride.
Holy crap!

Old 03-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Truckin4life
Originally Posted by GeezerSi
I had decided to lay crushed stone along the bottom of several hundered feet of split rail. So I drove to my local quarry first thing, and waited in line with all of the big dump trucks to weigh in. The guy then told me to drive up to the top. When I get there, I see this huge front end loader filling up a dump truck with a bunch more waiting their turn. I pulled out of the way from them, and figured I'd be waiting a while (no problem). After filling the dump truck, the guy in the loader drives over to me, and I figure "oh sh**, what'd I do wrong." He says, "How much you want?" I say, " I only need 2 tons." He then goes over to the pile, and dips just the corner in a little bit. He comes over and gently pours it into my bed as I watch the suspension lurch down an inch or so at a time as he slowly dribbles a little more, then a little more. My rear probably dipped down five or so inches when he was done, and he says, "OK." when I got back to the scale, my weight was 3950 pounds more. I was impressed!

I made several more trips, and had to hand shovel all of it. My aching back.
hence why fords are AWESOME!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best story?