2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about the LARIAT package(s)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:16 AM
felixr
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about the LARIAT package(s)

Ok guys, here's my question. I'll try to keep it short this time lol

When I went to look at trucks, there was this one lariat that had the center console and the shifter was in that console. There was another one (that I ended up buying cause I liked the whole black on black look and the black leather inside) that was a lariat with the shifter on the column and no middle console. . . it has the (i think this is what its called) 60/40/20 seat(s)(??)

anyway, its the one that fold down in the middle and it has cupholders and a box to put stuff in. you can also use it as an armrest

i also noticed that it doesnt say lariat on the speedo like the other one did.

it has the leather and the chrome trim on the bezels and 6 cd changer and the push button a/c and radio controls etc so its GOT to be a lariat right?

Are there different lariat versions/packages?

did the center console only come in the 06 or 07 or something? Mine is an 05 and I THINK the one I saw was an 06

If there ARE different lariat packages, where can I go to learn about them? is there a thread somewhere? can the ford website tell me?

thanks guys . . . wow, i honestly tried to keep this short, I promise

Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 AM
BLK94F150
Postmaster
Are you sure it's not an XLT sport with the leather option? Seems like if it was a Lariat, it would say it everywhere.

Mike

Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Deluxe05
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lariat is a Lariat, so to speak. It is one of the higher trim levels available. The only two trim levels that are questionably higher are the King Ranch & Harley-Davidson.

From the sounds of it, the main difference between the trucks you were looking at was the front seat arrangement--bench (40/20/40) versus captain chairs.

Originally Posted by felixr
it has the leather and the chrome trim on the bezels and 6 cd changer and the push button a/c and radio controls etc so its GOT to be a lariat right?
What do you mean by push button A/C & radio controls?

The Lariat comes standard with the EATC (Electronic Automatic Temperature Control) system that lets you set the temperature and the system will automatically maintain that temperature. But, this feature is available in a couple other trim levels. An FX4 with the FX4 Luxury Package would be equipped with the EATC, for example.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:06 PM
LACityFD
Senior User
I mean I would assume that if your truck doesn't say "Lariat" below the spedo, and it isn't scribed on any of the exterior F150 chrome badging, then it might not be a Lariat at all.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Deluxe05
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure how I missed that part...

Yeah, if the Lariat was not there, it is probably an FX4 with the FX4 Luxury Package or something.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:52 PM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
All 04-08 Lariats (and even the FX4) come standard with the column shift. The bucket seats and floor shifter/console is optional, although roughly 70% of FX4 or Lariats have the console floor shifter.

With the column shift, you have the P,R,N,D,2,1 indicators in the dash cluster. But when you have the center console floor shifter, they remove those indicators from the dash cluster and replace that spot with "Lariat" instead. Just like on my FX4 with the floor shifter, it says "FX4" inside my dash cluster.

Also on the exterior front fender badges it will say Lariat underneath the F-150 logo.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:53 PM
felixr
Elder User
it says lariat on the side badge (outside)

by pushbutton i mean instead of dials that you turn, they are just buttons with a digital readout

it has controls on the steering wheel too.

cruise control on the left and radio and a/c on the right

the side badge outside is the only place i have seen it say lariat

i will try to run the vin and see if i can find out for sure that way.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 PM
air1jpg
Tuned
Originally Posted by Deluxe05
Not sure how I missed that part...

Yeah, if the Lariat was not there, it is probably an FX4 with the FX4 Luxury Package or something.
The FX4 also comes standard with the center console and and captains chairs and says "FX4" below the spedo. The truck in question sounds like a XLT with some extra options on it.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:56 PM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
felix, it's a Lariat man.

Goto the Ford website if you want to read about the different features between the different models.

Or the order guide is pretty helpful and full of details: http://www.sunrisefordfleet.com/pdf_files/order_guides/2008/2008%20F150%20Order%20Guide.pdf

Old 02-26-2008, 12:57 PM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by air1jpg
The FX4 also comes standard with the center console and and captains chairs and says "FX4" below the spedo. The truck in question sounds like a XLT with some extra options on it.
FX4 and Lariat do not come standard with center console/floor shift and captains chairs!!! It's optional!

Read the order guide or the Ford website!!! They help to learn about all the different features, because people in this thread are guessing or misinformed. The truck has been out for 5 years now like this.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:48 PM
Twinsdad98
Elder User
Felix I have a Lariat with the 40/2040 seats. THe outside badge is the only place that says Lariat on these trucks. As previously stated, there is alot of overlap in options and trim packages, but yours is a Lariat, higher end than mine. My only came with a single CD player and no sub woofer! However, I did get heated seats !!!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:58 PM
Ultrastealth
New User
I bought my Lariat will the floor shifter and center console. It is also black leather.

Old 02-26-2008, 03:15 PM
felixr
Elder User
awesome! Thanks for the great info Steve!

Old 02-26-2008, 03:17 PM
felixr
Elder User
its weird Twins, the way Ford deicded to make like 18 versions of the Lariat lol

I dont have heated seats. I dont think I have a subwoofer (99.99% positive on that)

I have this weird track system that the overhead console can slide on or be completely removed from. Its very weird and I don't understand the reason for it. If I remove it, there is a hole in the headliner. I'm guessing this is to add a dvd player??

Old 02-26-2008, 03:47 PM
SteveVFX4
Fleet Mechanic
You're welcome. Ford does offer alot of different options. I guess so they can brag that they offer more options/configurations than the competitors.

There are different accessories that you put in the overhead rail storage bins, and a DVD player like you mention. goto www.fordaccessoriesstore.com and choose your truck and year. Then goto Interior and Overhead Rail Storage System and you'll see whats available.

Quick Reply: Question about the LARIAT package(s)