2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

door chim

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
cwis
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
door chim

Hi everybody, I just purchased a 08 F150 and the door chim (with the key in the ignition and door open) drives me crazy. Any ideas on how to disable the alarm or at least quiet it down a bit?

Old 02-25-2008, 03:45 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
It tells you how to disable it in the manual.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:49 PM
cdestuck
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a copy of a post I made after doing mine. WOrked on my 2008 also. And as to the above post, I BELIEVE HE'S SPEAKING OF THE SEATBELT CHIME. tHERE ARE NO INSTRUCTONS in the manual for the door chime.

Robber, looks like your topic got side tracked. I listed the post you have the like to. and here is a paste of another I did.

clinthman
I have an 06 and found out it is different. Remove the panel below the steering column. You will see two plugs but stay away from them. Along the left side of these plugs, you will see two fairly thick groups of wire. In checking each bundle and you will find a black wire with a pink stripe. This will be you wire. As I only wanted it disabled at certain times, I bought a small toggle switch and mounted it on the piece of plastic just to the right of the gas peddle. You might see a pink wire with a black stripe which goes to one on these plugs, stay away from that wire.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:54 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by cdestuck
Here's a copy of a post I made after doing mine. WOrked on my 2008 also. And as to the above post, I BELIEVE HE'S SPEAKING OF THE SEATBELT CHIME. tHERE ARE NO INSTRUCTONS in the manual for the door chime.

Robber, looks like your topic got side tracked. I listed the post you have the like to. and here is a paste of another I did.

clinthman
I have an 06 and found out it is different. Remove the panel below the steering column. You will see two plugs but stay away from them. Along the left side of these plugs, you will see two fairly thick groups of wire. In checking each bundle and you will find a black wire with a pink stripe. This will be you wire. As I only wanted it disabled at certain times, I bought a small toggle switch and mounted it on the piece of plastic just to the right of the gas peddle. You might see a pink wire with a black stripe which goes to one on these plugs, stay away from that wire.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:37 PM
2veloce
Senior User
yes the open door, key in the ignition drives me crazy. I traced the chime to the rear of the dash cluster but could not find a way to disable it.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:48 AM
cwis
New User
AThank you for your reply. I already disabled the seat belt chim. There is nothing in the manual about the key alarm(when the key is in the ignition and door open). Yesterday I pulled the dash apart and still couldnt find this alarm. Idont need to totally diable it. I would be happy just quieting it down a bit. If anybody knows how to get to this thing please let me know. Thanks Also I am not seeing a blck wire with pink on it.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:48 AM
cdestuck
Mountain Pass
Unlless they made your truck different than my 2008, there is a black w/ pink wire under your steering column, behind that panel. Gotta look for it, but it is there. Did this less than a month ago.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:05 AM
cwis
New User
cdestuck - Would it be ok to just cut the wire and cap it off. and by doing so will i be affecting anything else.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:18 AM
cdestuck
Mountain Pass
Yes, you can just cap it off as it does nothing else. One note, when you cut the wire, don't have the key in the ignition. I did on my 08 and just as I cut the wire, the cutters touched some metal under the dash and blew a fuse to all kind of stuff. Spent a ton of time trying to find the fuse. Turns out is was one of those square, clear topped fuses in the pass. kick panel box. Missed it the first time looking for it as it was tough to see the burned are. Go to it.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:47 AM
cwis
New User
Thank You I will give it a try

Old 02-28-2008, 07:43 AM
cwis
New User
cdestuck, Well I cut the wire and it worked (GREAT!) Thank You very much for the info, If you have any other neat advice let me know, seems like you really Know your stuff.