Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Any of you Nevada people recognize?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 05:49 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Any of you Nevada people recognize?

Any of you Nevada people recognize where in Nevada the picture of my F250 is taken in my avatar? I got an email from a person in Montana that knows where it is.
Had nothing else to do so thought I would see. Also a bigger picture is in my Gallery. Then I'm giving 10 bonus points for who know where the picture in my gallery of my F250 hooked to our house is taken. Hint: Eureka County, NV.

Craig

Old 02-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
That Montana guy is pretty good. I just looked at the pic and I really don't see a strong clue about the location. I am pretty sure it's planet earth, but beyond that......

Old 02-25-2008, 08:15 PM
NVMiner
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiway 306, Crescent Valley ?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:44 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by NVMiner
Hiway 306, Crescent Valley ?
Pretty close. It is the rest stop on Hwy 278. Between Carlin & Eureka. If you turn at the rest stop it will take you to the Crescent Valley road. That goes from Hwy 50 to Crescent Valley Hwy 306.

Good guess.
Craig

Old 02-25-2008, 10:48 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Smile

Originally Posted by Bdox
That Montana guy is pretty good. I just looked at the pic and I really don't see a strong clue about the location. I am pretty sure it's planet earth, but beyond that......
If you look in my gallery at a full size picture there is a clue on the mountain just above the R/S of the camper. If that clue doesn't help I'll give you another one later.
Craig

Old 02-26-2008, 08:15 PM
NVMiner
New User
If you turn at that dirt road ( JD Ranch) and follow it all the way through to 306, you will encounter some more of Nevadas famous historical mining district. Not that it has anything to do with your posted topic

Old 02-26-2008, 11:36 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Yea, that is correct. I have traveled most backroads in Nevada. My wife & I are native Nevadans. I graduated from Mineral County High School in 1968. My wife graduated from Smith Valley High School.
If your in northeastern Nevada you should recognize the other picture I posted. We lived in Carlin for 2 years before coming to Arizona this summer.
Craig

Old 02-27-2008, 06:16 AM
NVMiner
New User
Native Nevadan myself. Born and raised near Ely, reside in Carlin now, for the past twenty years. Small world.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:06 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Talking

Originally Posted by NVMiner
Native Nevadan myself. Born and raised near Ely, reside in Carlin now, for the past twenty years. Small world.
Yea it sure is, I spent a little time in Ely. When I worked for Boyles Bros Drilling in Reno my boss was born & raised in Ely. When I went to High School Hawthorne use to play Ely in all sports.
My wife did her student teaching in Carlin last winter. But Elko County doesn't hire local teachers if they don't have to. They spend a lot of money & time out of State recruiting teachers. So they never even talked with her about employment. But she was being very heavily recruited here in Arizona. That is what brought us to Kingman. She is now working on her Masters in Special Education so Elko lost out on a very good teacher. The school district in Bullhead City has just gone out of their way to make her first year here wonderful. They are thrilled to have her & are real excited about her Special Ed interest. Arizona unlike Nevada does what it has to to not lose GOOD TEACHERS. It still pisses me off the way Elko Co & a couple of other counties in Nevada just didn't care if they hired her or not . Only 2 counties in Nevada had any interest in her that was Lyon Co ( her home county) & Lincoln Co. but we were so fed up with the BS we opted for Arizona. It has turned out to be a very good move. But it is sad when a native Nevadan has to go out of State to work as a teacher. Yet Nevada claims to have a shortage of teachers. Enough of my rant. Thanks for listening.
Craig

Old 03-02-2008, 11:19 AM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bdox
That Montana guy is pretty good.

I sure am Bdox, I sure am.

I used to drive past that mountain in Winnemucca 2 x's a week on my way to Carlin for about 6 months when I was a member of the plumbers union as an apprentice. I worked on the UNR Fire Science Academy just before, (or after depending on which way your'e going) the tunnel in Carlin.

Not only that, but over a 4 month stretch of the summers of 93-96, my friends and I used to gas up our trucks and find new dirt roads to explore all over the Black Rock and Smoke Creek deserts. We could go from Gerlach to Winnemucca and never touch pavement. I miss Nevada.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Yea, there are a lot of places you can travel many miles & never hit pavement. I have traveled many of those. One of the longest was from Walker Ca to Eureka Nv only traveling on pavement for less than 5 miles near Hawthorne. Mostly just crossing pavement. You can continue to travel to Elko all on dirt. Never ran that stretch completely. We just bought a 1997 Chevy Blazer 4x4 again this summer we will spend part of our summer on Nevada backroads.