Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2008, 06:17 PM
New User

moose122377 is starting off with a positive reputation.
INZAX That looks the same as mine going fore third time a charm next monday. I already had cam shaft O ring sensor the oil fill tube lets see what else we can add to that list
Old 03-30-2008, 09:35 AM
New User

Inzax is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by moose122377
INZAX That looks the same as mine going fore third time a charm next Monday. I already had cam shaft O ring sensor the oil fill tube lets see what else we can add to that list
I am hoping by the dread and dismay in the Managers voice upon my call will guilt him into doing this right. What is amazing is that they say they "test" the new seal. If they did they would see the leak. It develops after about 4 miles. You can see the oil drops forming.

Needless to say I doubt they tested anything other than their ability to type the words "Test Completed, Passed."
Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
New User

Third trip for leak completed. They replaced the oil pump gasket, which was the leak I pointed out to them in the beginning of this mess. Specifically, their report states, "Found oil leak front crank seal and oil pump cover. Replaced the front crank seal and oil pump cover. Replaced front main seal and oil pump cover seal." After three trips they finally found the leak in the area I was pointing them to. Makes you wonder what the hell they were looking at during those previous visits.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Junior User

Paxdad is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well took my 04 in for oil change and diagnose a small oil drip. Dealership indicated that it was the bed plate and that the engine would have to be pulled. Problem is that I am departing for Destin later this week and need the truck as my tow vehicle for camper. Dealer indicated that if I experience a engine failure that the warranty would be voided since I operaterated the truck with a defect however, they also informed me that they were concerned that if I had the problem fixed in time to use the truck that they were concerned for me possibly being stranded due to the extensive repairs assoicated with the engine removal. We agreed that I can use the truck but keep an eye on the oil level. Does anyone have any thoughts on operating the truck with the leaking bed plate??? THe leak seems un-noticed as far as consumption goes but would hate if the motor cratered and I would be stuck with the full amount instead of my warranty deductible of $100. Thoughts. I plan to just drive it.......
Old 04-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Senior User

MeyerzF350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Watch out for Murphy....

Old 04-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3655 View Post

MeyerzF350, where in SoCal are you? If you need a good dealership to go to, let me know.
Riverside. Twice to Hemborg and now the truck is at Sunrise. They poured two more bottles of dye in the truck.

It's also there for coolant puke.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:02 PM
New User

Still leaking.

I called another dealership. They said they would take a look and honor the 100 dollar deductible paid at the other dealership. Incredible.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Senior User

Please Help!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3655 View Post
It's annoying to see how many of these oil leaks go unresolved. You'd think that with the use of dye that they'd be able to find the problem immediately and fix it. I wonder if this is the dealerships not wanting to lift cabs and take the motors out to fix things like the bedplate or rear main seal? Anyways, this is why I actually tipped my diesel tech $150 at the dealership just for getting it right the first time because I didn't want repeated visits.....not to mention that he installed ARP headstuds for me while the motor was out! Just find a good dealership with a really good diesel tech and the oil leak will be solved.

MeyerzF350, where in SoCal are you? If you need a good dealership to go to, let me know.
Please PM ASAP with your dealership. Sunrise diagnosed the head gaskets (as a side issue to the oil leaks) but will not replace the bolts with studs!!!! I will pick up my truck and take to your dealer. Please help!!!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Post Fiend

69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of69cj has much to be proud of
Hemborg did my bedplate leak without pulling the motor or raising the cab in Jan. Knock on wood still not leaking.
2007 FHLP H.D. Road King
2007 Thor Jazz 5er, 11k dry weight, 31'
173rd Abn. RVN.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Senior User

I am stuck with head bolts. They threatened me with "void your warranty" bullcrap with the ARPs head studs. Oil leak is said to be "residual" from last time because its not leaking fast enough for the dye to get through. I cleaned the engine myself after the last oil leak because they decided not to. So it looks like I will have to take it back for a 5th visit with a call to Ford directly for help. Man I wish this would stop leaking.

Many are just living with the slow leak, but I just can't accept that a vehicle leaks oil. Engine's were designed not to leak. This is getting frustrating.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:38 PM
New User

I came back from my 4th visit. Had to go to another dealer. They seem to know what they are doing. They found 2 leaks. In their opinion, the other dealer was replacing seals that were not leaking, which makes sense since the leak never stopped. They feel they were shooting in the dark. They installed 3c3z 9229 b:Kit o ring, 6c3z 6c640 AA: connection air inlet and put die in.

They want me to bring the vehicle in after about 2000 miles so they can make sure the fix took.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Post Fiend

bismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputationbismic has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzax View Post
I came back from my 4th visit. Had to go to another dealer. They seem to know what they are doing. They found 2 leaks. In their opinion, the other dealer was replacing seals that were not leaking, which makes sense since the leak never stopped. They feel they were shooting in the dark. They installed 3c3z 9229 b:Kit o ring, 6c3z 6c640 AA: connection air inlet and put die in.

They want me to bring the vehicle in after about 2000 miles so they can make sure the fix took.
This dealership sounds MUCH better! Hope it works out for you (soon)!
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270AXP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD BilletWaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 04-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeyerzF350 View Post
Oil leak is said to be "residual" from last time because its not leaking fast enough for the dye to get through. I cleaned the engine myself after the last oil leak because they decided not to. So it looks like I will have to take it back for a 5th visit with a call to Ford directly for help. Man I wish this would stop leaking.
Sure enough. 200 miles later and the bell housing is wet. I guess Ford is going to have to take over for me.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Freshman User

BigRedTank is starting off with a positive reputation.
I bought a used 2005 6.0. It has 50K miles. Its a beautiful truck and I love the power but I noticed a small, 2 drips on my drievway, oil leak. crawling under I can't tell where it is coming from but its wet ion a few areas. My questions...are the gasket and noted problems I read about covered under the diesel 5/100K warranty?
Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedTank View Post
I bought a used 2005 6.0. It has 50K miles. Its a beautiful truck and I love the power but I noticed a small, 2 drips on my drievway, oil leak. crawling under I can't tell where it is coming from but its wet ion a few areas. My questions...are the gasket and noted problems I read about covered under the diesel 5/100K warranty?
My experience says YES.

I had a hell of a time getting my leak fixed until I took it to a dealer out in farm country that regularly works on these engines. Shop around and find a good diesel mechanic. They all say they have "the best." I actually found mine by going to a small breakfast diner in a farm community and asking an old timer who was driving a 250.

Others will have better insight then myself on how to locate a good mechanic. Good luck.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:29 AM