Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Just want to say hi, and introduce myself.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 02:53 PM
sapperken
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just want to say hi, and introduce myself.

Hey there everyone, I am new to the website, so I thought I would drop in and introduce myself a little bit. I am also new to the early 70's Ford trucks.

My name is Kenny, I am from the Joliet area, just southwest on 55, in a lil town called Braidwood, I also just recently bought a 75 Ford F-250 that is my new project truck. Which is why I am here cause it is so hard finding quality OEM parts for my truck.

If anyone has any parts for sale feel free to hit me up, tell me what you have, and what your price is, unfortunatly I have to clear it with my wife first she doesn't trust me with money when it comes to my truck. Of course, I don't know any wife who does.

Hope to see you all around on the forums.

kenny

Old 02-14-2008, 02:55 PM
lwfox002
Elder User
Welcome to the site. I'm in Arkansas and have been here less than a year. Lot's of great information on this site. My sig shows my current truck but my first truck was a 71 F100 and I still miss it. Just can't find it or I would buy it and rebuild it.

Old 02-14-2008, 05:56 PM
sapperken
Freshman User
Well thank you, my first truck was a 82 F150, but that was years ago, I found my new truck sitting in a field a few weeks ago, and decided to rescue it. Lucky for me the farmer's wife was so excited it may be leaving the property that her husband couldn't say no.

I will have to put some pictures up here of the project, I plan on getting it at least 60% finished before next winter, I have already done a lot of work to it in just the last 5 days that I have owned it.

Threw on a set of heddman elite headers, new 3" dual exhaust with glasspacks, new brakes, rewired the lights, as all the wiring was either missing or looked like mice/oppossoms had chewed it all up, and am now waiting on my fuse block from painless wiring so I can update that old tube fuse system sitting under the dash.

I am contemplating which type of crate to throw in there, I have seen a few 427 FE strokers out there, that look so sweet. If anyone has any ideas let me know. The more I dig into this truck the more I love it, I am really diggin my divorced Transfer case sitting under there, didnt' even know they came stock like that, will make it easier to throw an overdrive kit in it.

Thanks
Kenny

Old 02-14-2008, 07:33 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i threw away litterally a 74 with good doors , cab and fenders a while back as no one wanted or needed anything off of it . i kept the fe and c-6 but sold the rest for scrap after two months . figures .

Old 02-14-2008, 08:10 PM
sapperken
Freshman User
Man that's heartbreaking, but that's ok, thanks anway, my truck is really solid, like i say, I need to upload a pic, only 3 spots of rust on it, above rear drivers wheel well, on bottom of drivers door, and in the bed, in the drivers front corner, all minor spots, smaller than a dime or so. It is amazing how well this truck has kept together, 2 owners ago did a partial resto on it, bout 10 years ago in 97, only thing he didn't get to do was the interior, that fresh paint saved it i think, if it weren't for that paint job in 97 I doubt it would have made it, sittin in that field.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:38 AM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Hi Kenny,
Cool, I'm not the only one in the IL Chapter that likes classic Ford trucks!! I have a '73 F100 longbed that spent most of its' life in the Arizona desert, so it never had rust problems. I had it repainted in '04 and I only drive it on sunny summer days. It's a 390 V8.
Good luck on the restoration of your '75! I've restored 3 of these trucks--they're alot of fun. If you don't have alot of rust issues to deal with, that's a real plus! Actually, the owner of the shop that did the paint work on my trucks brings back rust-free parts from out west, so he may have some of the parts that you're looking for. Let me know if you're interested and I can get you the phone number. Also, there's a salvage yard in Kankakee called Acme auto parts that has like ten of these trucks in the yard. Not much is left as far as body parts, but you may be able to find some decent interior stuff, trim, etc.
-John

Old 02-15-2008, 09:41 AM
sapperken
Freshman User
Sure John, I would appreciate his number, I will check into Acme salvage too. Really appreciate the help.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:52 AM
JohnT
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Kenny,

Here's the phone number- Milton Motors (815)932-6865. The owners' name is Dale Milton. He's a really good guy. The shop is located on IL rt 102, near the state park.
-John

Old 02-15-2008, 06:14 PM
whowey
Senior User
Welcome!

Do you glow from the nuke station???

(I live only a few miles from Byron)

Old 02-16-2008, 10:12 PM
sapperken
Freshman User
I haven't started yet, but as you can see on the news and such, we are worse than Springfield Nuke plant from the Simpsons Haha... Guess I shouldn't say too much bad about it, since I am a mechanic there!! Haha, but anyway, we don't need night lights anymore

By the way, does anyone know where you can find a drum to disc conversion kit for 75 F250's I have been looking but to no avail.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:52 PM
whowey
Senior User
Originally Posted by sapperken
I haven't started yet, but as you can see on the news and such, we are worse than Springfield Nuke plant from the Simpsons Haha... Guess I shouldn't say too much bad about it, since I am a mechanic there!! Haha, but anyway, we don't need night lights anymore

By the way, does anyone know where you can find a drum to disc conversion kit for 75 F250's I have been looking but to no avail.
My dad is a company retiree...(32 years, Mechanical Maintenance). He now works for a contractor as a mechanical superintendent.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:25 AM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Originally Posted by sapperken
Hey there everyone, I am new to the website, so I thought I would drop in and introduce myself a little bit. I am also new to the early 70's Ford trucks.

My name is Kenny, I am from the Joliet area, just southwest on 55, in a lil town called Braidwood, I also just recently bought a 75 Ford F-250 that is my new project truck. Which is why I am here cause it is so hard finding quality OEM parts for my truck.

If anyone has any parts for sale feel free to hit me up, tell me what you have, and what your price is, unfortunatly I have to clear it with my wife first she doesn't trust me with money when it comes to my truck. Of course, I don't know any wife who does.

Hope to see you all around on the forums.

kenny
Hello, my name is Bob
I live just north of you in the far west suburbs(glendale heights)
keep in touch
I work in Romeoville

Old 03-05-2008, 08:41 PM
sapperken
Freshman User
Hey thanks guys, sorry been a little busy wrenching lately and not hanging on the forums.

Glad to hear that whowey, I am also in Mech Maint, (not sure if I mentioned that earlier) Going through welding training right now, can't wait to finish up, plan on using my new found talent to fix a few troubled rust spots forming on the wheel wells.

Currently looking for an FE that is either dead or on it's last leg if anyone has one I can take off your hands for a couple hundred. Wanting to get me something to start tinkering on during the bad weather days. Since my truck is too tall to fit in the garage.

Wait, maybe thats it. Sure the wife won't be happy, but I could just buy a larger door for my garage. That fixes everything, then she can park outside. I am sure she will love that idea, she is so supportive!!! Ha Ha, I only wish.

Well take care guys.