2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just have to share!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 08:02 AM
sammer4u
Mountain Pass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just have to share!

With this being my first Full size Ford Truck, I have had a few things that have happened to me to impress me, but last night takes the cake and makes me very happy and proud to be a Ford F150 owner! Up till a year ago, I have owned Dodge Rams.

Yesterday was a snowy day with a lot of wind later in the afternoon. I headed home using a few back roads and noticed drifts were forming. As I came to the end the road, getting onto the next heading South I noticed even bigger drifts. The wind was coming from the West. To this point I still had the truck in 2 wheel drive, and not having any problems. I have not really used 4 wheel too much, as it seems this truck makes it through quite well in 2 wheel. As I am driving along, I am doing about 35 mph and getting the hits from some of the deeper drifts. As I am coming to the end of this road to a more traveled road, I am slowing for the stop. As I do so, I see a fairly deep and big drift cosuming the entire width of the road. I am already out of the throttle to slow for the stop sign. I come to the drift, and it sucks me into the ditch. I am now in the ditch, with snow up to the mirror on the drivers side. I put it into 4 hi, spun the wheels trying to go forward, stopped, went backwards a little, stopped, went forward... did this about three times and got out myself. I would have never thought this would have been possible. I looked at the area this morning, and it was deep! With my Dodge, I know I would have been stuck waiting for a helper!

So, the moral to my long story is.... this is one impressive truck. In my experience, it will not leave you stranded. I have a little more confidence in driving this truck in the bad weather. Not that it will make me drive like a maniac, but enough to keep my head and know if something happens I should be able to get myself out!

Each day I am happier I have this truck, and glad I made this purchase! And all this with the stock General tires!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Twinsdad98
Elder User
Well, it is built ford tuff! Glad you and your truck got out ok. I went into a ditch two weeks ago and got out as well. Not as deep, but took out two mailboxes, my front end and suspension . Still in the shop getting repaired. Was able to still drive the truck in spite of the suspension damage.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 AM
sammer4u
Mountain Pass
I have not been able to look over the truck yet. I think it is driving okay, with no damage. Just snow packed in every where. It was too dark (and TOO cold) to look it over. I hope there are no scratches from the hard pack from the rain on Sunday!

But all in all, I think I came out okay!