S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

G2G with Nevada - Oct

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:58 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G2G with Nevada - Oct

It's never too early to start planning. A few locations have been brought up.
Death Valley, Bishop area, Benton Hot Springs. This would obviously be more than a 1 day deal.

The planning stage is in it's infancy, so now is the time to throw out the ideas. I know some of you guys pull a TT or 5'er, this event will be planned with that in mind. Also looking to an area that has camping as well for those who don't pull a trailer.

So let's hear what you think!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:56 AM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
we could do it in calico its about half way a little south maybe but it has hotels ro at lest one and also that bunk house that is out there people could always camp in campers or tents also. but i dont know how many people are into that kind of activities. how hot is death valley in october? but bishop area would be nice. i have no idea where benton hot springs is. if we make it a little more north we might get some of the Nor Cal guys too.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's the whole thing - there are some Northern Nevada people as well.
Death Valley in October is perfect - the last 2 weeks, that is. 85 and 65 would be about what one could expect.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, halfway from here is much closer to Bishop than Barstow. DV would be cool Mr. O has never been there, and it's been over 10 years since I went. Benton HS is north of Bishop, I've never actually stayed there, but it would be much closer for me! Just need to make sure it's not a race weekend.

Old 02-20-2008, 12:15 PM
bigjimcruising
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Death Valley would be fun, lots to see and do, it's one of my favorite places. But that's the beginning of their season so it could be a problem getting campsites then. South of DV is some open areas going north on 127 from Baker, lots of open camping with plenty of open space to play. Laughlin is always a blast with lots of off roading close by. June Lake should still be open then if they don't have an early snow and we should have the camp grounds to ourselves. Don't know much about camping in Bishop, always prefered June Lake. We could always hit one of the camp grounds going up Tioga Pass from hwy 395, it doesn't get much prettier then that and if they have an early snow it will be beautiful up there.