Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Nebraska Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Nebraska Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 97nukeford

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Elder User

gquinn8516 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Who's your favorite for the 500?

BIG DAY! NASCAR is BACK! The One person I would love to see win the 500 is Mark Martin even if he is not driving a Ford anylonger Would also like to see Dale Jr. win - as long as he isn't helping Gordon or Johnson!
Old 02-17-2008, 12:53 PM
New User

jrw1268 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lost intrest in Nascar since they came out with the COT, but I'd like to see Carl Edwards win it. Or anyone else in a Ford.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Anyone that ain't drivin' a 'yota!
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 02-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Carpenter Local 745

khadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud of
A toy might win. Smoke won yesterday.

You know, I just started buying a whole bunch of Armour All products. Now Armour All sponsors a Toyota.

I would like a Ford engined car to win.

Join the Hawai'i chapter *HERE*
Old 02-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Post Fiend

husker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to beholdhusker is a splendid one to behold
Guess I'll have to turn in any red neck credentials that I might have because I don't follow NASCAR all that much. I would like to go see them run in KC though.
78 Bronco
54 F250
64 Thunderbird
Old 02-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker
Guess I'll have to turn in any red neck credentials that I might have because I don't follow NASCAR all that much. I would like to go see them run in KC though.
Don't feel like you need to turn in the redneck credentials, nascar lost it's redneck credentials 30+ yrs ago and just became indy car with a body. Nascar is not now nor have they been real stock car racing for over 30 yrs, and NEVER where stock car racing while a Earnhart was involved.
Daytona and talledaga are the worst, restrictor class racing is just stupid, a slow game of senior citizen day, handicapped accessible golf has more excitement and much more fun to watch, just have to find a channel with bowling on it, now thats much more redneck sport the Nascar.

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be the same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilege to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Carpenter Local 745

khadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud of
Daytona 500 "IROC" race is over.

Are the cars that ran today (COT) here to stay? Are they using COT cars all year - every race that is?
It was a clean finish, but I was waiting for the last lap crash fest.
With 30+ cars on the lead lap, it sure looked like an IROC race.

One thing is though, there were some good commercials. Almost Superbowl level.

Join the Hawai'i chapter *HERE*
Old 02-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Elder User

Damn! I feel some anger out there! The COT is here to stay. Using it in all the races all year long. As far as "Stock" Car raceing - Its never existed. Anything thats been raced on a track has been modified in one way or another.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

monsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputationmonsterbaby has a superb reputation
quinn you have no idea about stock car racing obviously, No they weren't STOCK cars 30 yrs ago but they started life as a car you could actually buy and then were modified to race unlike todays cars that have zero resemblance to a car you will find on any lot. Nascar used to be based on it had to be sold to the general public thus they had a requirement that atleast 500 cars with a particular engine drive train had to be sold before it was considered legal, so tell me how many ford Taurus do you think ford actually built and sold with a 351W in them? or for that matter how many were even rear wheel drive? in fact lets look at the fact that the windsor engines haven't even been built by ford for 10 yrs. No this sport is not the redneck sport we all knew in the day it's french racing with a body. there is no actual car frame under them, the bodies are not actually even the same design as the car they are designed to look like, and the drive train is not even remotely resemble any car you can currently buy so it's not real racing, nor is it worth watching and I personally will not support it. In fact I still can't tell you who won today and really don't care. What i do care about is the hopefully soon demise of nascar asap

RIP Steve Bricks. FTE will not be the same.

Will be forever glad to have had the privilege to shake your hand and BS in person.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:01 PM
Elder User

Monster Ė I would be willing to argue back and forth with you about how much I know about racing but I am not here to argue. Iím here to find out information from other folks and discuss topics that sometimes have nothing to do with Ford Trucks. Donít support NASCAR Ė thatís your choice Ė just donít get yourself so worked up over the fact that some people, actually a lot of people, watch it and like it. There are all forms of racing Ė follow the ones you like and be happy.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Well, I was just glad to see the toyos get beat, even if it was by a couple of dodges! The best 2 Fords managed to take themselves out of it, so that sucked! I used to be a big NASCAR fan, but it became a beauty contest, too much focus on driver personalities, not enough on the racing. Then they let toyota in, that was the nail in the coffin for me. Now, all the cars will be the same, except for the motor. Whatever. I'll watch Daytona, and maybe Talledega.
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 PM