1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Need Info On Installing Stacks Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:47 AM
1957F100
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Info On Installing Stacks Please

Ive got a 5 inch stack kit from Grand Rock thats been sitting here for about a month just waiting to go on the truck. The reason i havnt started putting it on is because im not sure about figuring out where to place the T pipe and cut the hole...how did you guys with stacks figure out the placement of your T pipe? Any other tips you can give on installing the stacks would be great too...Thanks

Old 02-17-2008, 10:42 AM
FARM69
Postmaster
The best way to do it would start plumming it up from the downpipe to the bed. This will give you an idea as to where the hole should be.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:06 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i would set the T-Pipe in the bed where your going to want it keeping in mind how far back its going to need to be and make sure the shorter end of the T is on the passenger side. get everything plumbed from the bottom to make sure you have the T set far enough back and use the T to mark a hole from the top and cut it there. i'm not very good at explaining stuff, but i hope this helps.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:08 PM
custom_nirvana
Senior User
Originally Posted by FARM69
The best way to do it would start plumming it up from the downpipe to the bed. This will give you an idea as to where the hole should be.
I would disagree with you on this one, best to postion the y pipe standing in the bed and just trace it onto the bed. I say do it this way because if u go from the dp you might go to far to the passenger side. I believe the instructions tell you to lay it all out and start with the ypipe and get all of the actual stacks and ypipe bolted in how you it and then go under the truck. Just my two cents.