General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Any fellow ebay sellers here seen the new feedback rules

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:38 PM
X36
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any fellow ebay sellers here seen the new feedback rules

As of Feb 20th sellers will no longer be able to leave feedback.Only buyers will be able to.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:43 PM
tewferford
Post Fiend
Given a situation my wife and I had, I can understand that. Either your product is good or it sux. flim flam mania

Old 02-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I used to sell some things on Ebay but not any more, I have lots more luck on Craigslist

Old 02-16-2008, 11:22 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
I sell larger stuff on eBay (trucks, boats, houses and such) but have not seen the new rule. How does a person get feedback that only buys stuff? So that the sellers knows if they are a good buyer or not.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:07 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish ebay would go back to the way it was 10 years ago when I first started out on it

Old 02-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
I agree with Jake.

Ebay sucks now. Too many a-hole sellers that think they run the show and the buyers must take whatever it is that they are dishing out. I had to file two complaints for non shipment in December and haven't been back to Ebay since and probably won't go back....ever.

I also agree with Bill....Craigslist is the way to go now. I've sold to two vehicles there and a lot of diesel parts. In fact, I am meeting a gal in Houston a little later on this morning that is buying a set of tires from me. I had them listed for less than 24 hours and they are sold, cash money. No hassles.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:25 AM
X36
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by obxredneck
I sell larger stuff on eBay (trucks, boats, houses and such) but have not seen the new rule. How does a person get feedback that only buys stuff? So that the sellers knows if they are a good buyer or not.
Yea thats the point.Selleres will no longer be able to tell if a potential buyers a bum or not.I think the 2 way rating system is the foundation on which ebay was built (also giant most money spent wins market place) Their reaslly messing with there core.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:33 AM
FLgargoyle
Fleet Mechanic
One thing that ebay is (was) good for is when you need a national or even international market. I have some obscure tooling items to sell, and most potential buyers here in FL have gone out of business, so I need to reach a broader market. I don't like what I'm reading about ebay lately, though.

Old 02-17-2008, 10:48 AM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
In situations like this, I always like to ask the the question; what is the motivation of the party involved?

DING! DING! DING! It's quite simple actually:

eBay owns Paypal. Without feedback on buyers, sellers, in an attempt to protect themselves, will be more apt to request Paypal for payment. Further increasing ebay's cut of the transaction.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:10 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,099 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Originally Posted by RocketScience
In situations like this, I always like to ask the the question; what is the motivation of the party involved?

DING! DING! DING! It's quite simple actually:

eBay owns Paypal. Without feedback on buyers, sellers, in an attempt to protect themselves, will be more apt to request Paypal for payment. Further increasing ebay's cut of the transaction.
and how is that?? as of over 1 year ago, there is no such thing as challenging a non delivered or defective product with either paypal or ebay. that is why i always pay with a credit card. i got 2 bad items in the past year, and had to file a claim both times with the credit card for repayment. as far as ebay and paypal are concerned, once payment is made, you are S.O.L. on your own.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:15 PM
X36
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tjc transport
and how is that?? as of over 1 year ago, there is no such thing as challenging a non delivered or defective product with either paypal or ebay. that is why i always pay with a credit card. i got 2 bad items in the past year, and had to file a claim both times with the credit card for repayment. as far as ebay and paypal are concerned, once payment is made, you are S.O.L. on your own.
I didn't realize paypal did that.So what your saying is that if you get ripped off as a buyer.You can no longer file a claim to get your money back with paypal.They no longer protect buyers ??

Old 02-17-2008, 12:25 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,099 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Originally Posted by 78f250supercab
I didn't realize paypal did that.So what your saying is that if you get ripped off as a buyer.You can no longer file a claim to get your money back with paypal.They no longer protect buyers ??
as of 2 years ago, you had 30 days from the date of sale to make a claim. so if it takes 1 week to pack and ship due to a friday night purchase on a holiday weekend, and 2 weeks for delivery because the seller is a cheap sob and sends it fed-ex or dhl ground from cross country. then it is defective. it leaves you 9 days from time of delivery till you file a claim. but you want to be nice, and see if things can be resolved before you file a claim, so you return it to the seller. ..POOF!!!! your time is up, and you are out of luck.

this has happened to me twice. and the last time i called paypal 3 months ago, the woman told me we no longer provide a buyer protection program.

ebay dropped their buyer protection program sometime in 2006

Old 02-17-2008, 12:26 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 78f250supercab
As of Feb 20th sellers will no longer be able to leave feedback.Only buyers will be able to.
Actually, sellers will only be able to leave positive feedback, but can't leave negative feedback. Which seems to me to defeat the purpose of having any feedback for buyers at all.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 PM
X36
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by clux
Actually, sellers will only be able to leave positive feedback, but can't leave negative feedback. Which seems to me to defeat the purpose of having any feedback for buyers at all.
WOW that's even a bigger pisser.I'll tell ya buy and sell on ebay and not only have I been ripped off by sellers I've come across some real A hole so called buyers.I don't know why there doing it.They say hostage tactics,but it cuts both ways.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:49 PM
RocketScience
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by tjc transport
and how is that?? as of over 1 year ago, there is no such thing as challenging a non delivered or defective product with either paypal or ebay....
Wow, I did not know that (I am only a casual eBay user). I believe the 'perceived protection' for eBay sellers however will still boost Paypals use over this decision.

Quick Reply: Any fellow ebay sellers here seen the new feedback rules