Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series modelsSPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

Rockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to beholdRockledge is a splendid one to behold
Worth reading through: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/15...rol-valve.html
Ford Pics
Old 02-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

darascal is starting off with a positive reputation.
without jinxing myself it appears that the problem may finally be solved.after replacing the vacuum lines that were a little too big I took the thing for a drive shut it down and continued my drive and the shut it down again and continued my drive. the truck seems to idle better and more important the CEL hasn't come back on(yet) thanks for the help and cross your fingers for me
Old 02-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Garage is empty, add now

pawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to all
OK, good feedback, sounds like you just may have put the fix on your pesky problem, way to hang in there & persevere.

Yup we need a good tight fit on ALL of our vacuum lines!!!!

Details are trifles but trifles make perfection & perfection is no trifle
(Ben Franklin)

Our signature is a sign of a job completed, autograph your work with excellence
Old 02-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

I took the truck for a 55 mile drive today and still no CEL so it would appear that I have finally licked the 1443 code(for now). Now I just have to replace inner/outer tie rods(so the front end guy says) and figure out how to replace the A/C clutch before the 90 degree temps return. Thanks again for everyones help and input
Old 02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

swensonm is starting off with a positive reputation.
Darascal
I am working the 1443 also do you know when and why the two sensors open and close? trying to find out if one or the other is bad? ford sells the sensors seperatly but does not sell the hose to the canaster. only as an assembly 137.00
Old 02-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by swensonm
Darascal
I am working the 1443 also do you know when and why the two sensors open and close? trying to find out if one or the other is bad? ford sells the sensors seperatly but does not sell the hose to the canaster. only as an assembly 137.00
I am afraid that my trouble shooting was rather laxed,I replaced the valve(from az),and the silonoid(dealer) and I just used new vacuum line from az
Old 02-19-2008, 07:32 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

swensonm is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hose

did you replace the hose from the canaster to the canaster purge valve? on my 96 the ends ar diffent sizes ..ithink
Old 02-20-2008, 04:11 AM
Junior User
Garage is empty, add now

I replaced all the hoses but what I did was used a larger hose to attach to the intake and slid a smaller hose insiide the larger hose to attach to the silonoid. I had to do the same thing on the canister end to the purge valve. since the only pressure on the hoses is vacuum its not like i had to worry about them blowing apart. hope this helps
Old 04-09-2011, 03:19 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

plggrnl is starting off with a positive reputation.
There is no pressure sensor on my 97 Ranger. There is a label under the hood showing the components.

Veh: 1997 Ford Ranger 3.0L AT
OBDII code: P1443

Components that may be involved:
Fuel Cap
Fuel Filler Outer Vent Hose Shell
Any connection to fuel tank
Vapor line from fuel tank to EVAP carbon canister
Carbon Canister
Vac line from carbon canister to solenoid purge valve
Solenoid purge valve
Vac line between the solenoid purge valve and the thermistor flow sensor
Thermistor flow sensor
Vac line between thermistor flow sensor and the intake manifold.
The PCM

The PCM receives an engine temperature signal, an engine speed sensor and the evap thermistor flow sensor signal.

After the engine temp is up and the engine speed is at some point above idle, the PCM sends a pulse-width-modulated (PWM)signal to the solenoid purge valve. The thermistor flow sensor is a heated thermistor type flow sensor. That is a current is applied to the sensor and the sensor heats up if no vapor/air flows over the sensor, increasing the resistance, increasing the voltage drop across the thermistor and decreasing current flow. When the solenoid purge valve is open and vapor/air flows through the thermistor flow sensor, the sensor cools, the current increases and the voltage decreases.

Excessive flow would indicate a leak prior to the flow sensor or a stuck open solenoid purge valve.

Low flow would indicate a leak between the flow sensor and the intake manifold, a failed closed solenoid purge valve or blockage in any line in the EVAP system.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:58 AM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

unsure is starting off with a positive reputation.
where do i go to ask questions
Old 09-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Garage is empty, add now

pawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to allpawpaw is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by unsure View Post
where do i go to ask questions
Welcome to FTE.

If your having a problem, begin here looking through the "Tech Info" thread atop this forums thread listing page, for links to threads on your particular problem. Ranger & B-Series - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

If you still have questions, or can't find the info you need for your particular problem, then click on "start new thread", to open a new window to title & begin a new thread so you get answers just for your problem/s.

Details are trifles but trifles make perfection & perfection is no trifle
(Ben Franklin)

Our signature is a sign of a job completed, autograph your work with excellence
Old 09-15-2012, 01:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Ranger & B-Series

Tags
1997, bronco, evap, faile, failed, ford, line, pressure, ranger, salvage, sensor, silverado, small, ss, tank, top