2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

What would you change?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:40 AM
07EXPYEL
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to see deeper storage pockets for the rear seats. On the left side there's gobs of unused space behind and under the plastic trim. To see for yourself, pop off the fuel reset door and look behind there. With a couple of access doors, a deeper bin, some recessed compartments, or even a trash receptacle they could have really added to the rear seat storage area just by filling up the avilable space. I don't suspect there's as much space on the right side because of the rear heat & A/C ducts.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:22 AM
poppie
More Turbo
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by montecarlo31
If you guys think this is a list you should see what we have to say about our 6.0L Powerstrokes. Between the EGRs, HEUI systems, and Turbos it's hard to keep em on the road.
was in a book store the other day and picked up a copy of comsumer report's and when you go to the ford truck/diesel section it say's what your saying about the 6.0's,ALL BLACK MARK'S,now having said that when you go to the 7.3 section,well just go look at a copy,I'll be keeping my 7.3 forever after reading that.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 AM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
Dude I am 6'6 245 lbs and the seat goes back plenty far for me. Plenty of leg room. I have the eddie bauer so it is all electronic, up down and front back. Plenty of adjustment to get around the sun visors. I usually have the seat up high enough where I dont even have to use the sun visors.
Originally Posted by 08LTDEL
I am 6'5" and 260lbs. The driver seat would really be nice if I could push it back another couple of inches. I have the pedals but still not enough. The sun visors also block a couple inches of the windshield that causes me to slouch a bit to see under them. To eliminate this problem I have to recline the seat more than comfortable to lower my line of sight. I never checked with the dealer to see if the seat can be adjusted anyone know?

Old 02-18-2008, 03:27 PM
nfntruth79
New User
Did the Ford engineers sit around and make bets on the most inconvenient place to mount the fuse box? If so, they did their jobs well. Having to reference the owners manual to figure out which fuse is which is very convenient as well...(sarcasm)
So back to the outlet, I finished it today, I put a whole new outlet inside the center console. It took about 2 hours, but I had to figure out how to best hook everything up. I took the whole back off the console, where the rear stero controls were. It just pops off. I drilled a 1 1/4" hole in the bottom back of the console. I mounted an auxillary outlet, and then plugged a three outlet extension to that. I used fuse number 37 in the fuse box. It is off when the truck is off. Its the rear climate control fuse I think. Now I am happy, no more cables showing, and no more dead battery.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:28 PM
07EXPYEL
Senior User
I'm going to add my plug for the transmission temperature and integrated brake controller (It looks like the new F150 will have this).
New to the list
  • Add a tow/haul mode for the transmission
  • Add ability to select 5th gear, Can only have 3rd, Drive, O/D ON (6TH) AND O/D OFF (4TH).
  • More clearance around the 4X4 tow hook/tow eyes so you can get strap or shackle in there easier.
  • Electric cooling fan for better economy and improved A/C performance at idle. (I'll be back at the dealer come May for poor A/C performance).
  • Floormats that actually cover more then 10% of the carpet. I had to go aftermarket.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:01 PM
08LTDEL
New User
The brakes drive me crazy. Mushy with lots of travel. One pump and they seem to be where they should be. Makes driving difficult. Will have them checked.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:18 PM
Ogio
Junior User
Originally Posted by 08LTDEL
The brakes drive me crazy. Mushy with lots of travel. One pump and they seem to be where they should be. Makes driving difficult. Will have them checked.
Don't bother, it's normal. Almost all the fords I have owned act this way.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:13 AM
montecarlo31
Elder User
I can select 1st to 6th on mine. The OD off kicks it down to 5th and selecting 3rd makes it go out of 4th to 3rd. 1 and 2 are no brainers.

Originally Posted by 07EXPYEL
I'm going to add my plug for the transmission temperature and integrated brake controller (It looks like the new F150 will have this).
New to the list
  • Add a tow/haul mode for the transmission
  • Add ability to select 5th gear, Can only have 3rd, Drive, O/D ON (6TH) AND O/D OFF (4TH).
  • More clearance around the 4X4 tow hook/tow eyes so you can get strap or shackle in there easier.
  • Electric cooling fan for better economy and improved A/C performance at idle. (I'll be back at the dealer come May for poor A/C performance).
  • Floormats that actually cover more then 10% of the carpet. I had to go aftermarket.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:44 AM
northbound350
Freshman User
Talking

I agree with all above posts, but one thing that really would be nice, mirrors that extended out. Yes we have this great tow package, but while towing my boat: vision is terrible (not the safest either). The 250/350's have it, even power.
The seat thing frosted me from the beginning, when they are folded down that big void is there. My 2000 Exp. had the flaps that folded down from the back of the folded down seats, why take that away????

It's great that some of this gets does get back to Ford. What better way to get ideas, than from the people that drive the miles.

I love my Exp.EL 4x4, just looking to make a great SUV, better.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:27 AM
nebmike
Senior User
Originally Posted by montecarlo31
I can select 1st to 6th on mine. The OD off kicks it down to 5th and selecting 3rd makes it go out of 4th to 3rd. 1 and 2 are no brainers.
Interesting, cuz when I hit the OD Off button, mine kicks down into 4th.

While we're on the subject of gears -- since I am one of those strange people who actually takes my 4x4's off road and uses them, I think the fact that you dont have 1st gear while in "drive" in 4-low is just dumb! I've only been on a couple mountain trails so far, but this "feature" has been a hassle. When you have frequent but short very steep ascents, or frequent short rock piles to crawl over its just a pain to have to keep shifting.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
montecarlo31
Elder User
Double check your fourth, i'll check mine out, but I swear that OD off is 5th.

at least they did not lock out 1st, that would suck. I had 3.42 gears w/ a 3.10 1st on my 1500 chevy and with 33.5" mud tires it wouldn't them them over (rear was locked front was open) without really heating up the trans and coolant.

Originally Posted by nebmike
Interesting, cuz when I hit the OD Off button, mine kicks down into 4th.

While we're on the subject of gears -- since I am one of those strange people who actually takes my 4x4's off road and uses them, I think the fact that you dont have 1st gear while in "drive" in 4-low is just dumb! I've only been on a couple mountain trails so far, but this "feature" has been a hassle. When you have frequent but short very steep ascents, or frequent short rock piles to crawl over its just a pain to have to keep shifting.