Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Posting Guru

powerstrokeddiesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
sorry bout that guys...
Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Post Fiend

c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
nothing to be sorry for...
Old 02-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Posting Guru

no i had wrote a good bunch of cus word to show sis what is does when you do it... i did not even mean to have that last message.. i meant to delete it...
Old 02-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Post Fiend

c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.c00nhunterjoe has a very good reputation on FTE.
oh i see...
Old 02-26-2008, 09:17 PM
Posting Guru

yea... kinda retarded way to show her but it got the point across..
Old 02-27-2008, 12:27 AM
Senior User

MTNWOODY is starting off with a positive reputation.
"my opinions on edge come from working at the ford dealer as a diesel technician, i have lots of experiance with edge and banks, our dealer was an installer. every single edge programmed truck had issues, all of the 6.0 trucks wouldnt shift for crap, several 7.3's had pcm issues simliar to the one stated in this post. how can brand new trucks come with defective pcm's? maybe one here or there but numerous defectives, sorry its the product not the pcm, i had countles 6.0's come in with melted injector tips and mangled pistons, egt's are throug h the roof with edge, i had many 7.3's with injector issues' but not as much as with the 6.0's. had a couple 7.3's with fried pcm's that were not locked, just fried. had 2 that came up as mercury mondeo's when you hooked up with scan tools..... those were real winners. i could go on and on about how bad edge is with many stories to tell of horrific test drives and po'd customers. (some threatening with baseball bats) oh yes, edge is an ugly mess."

Reps sent Joe...I am impressed by your experience with Edge (mostly bad?) and the details that back up your opinion. No BS. The jury's not out on my watch. Not pimpin' Edge here. I'll let you all know if PHP works out with the tuner I already own. Not trying to sell or otherwise promote anyone, just semi-anonymously exposing my PSD education to the public...I am in first grade compared to you all. However, I gotta learn, right? BTW, I hate Dodges! Eat my smoke! Li'l lamb!
-Ish

White 1997 F250HD CC PSD E4OD 4.10s 152k

K&N FIPK (w/ sock!), 3" DP & delete,

Guages x3, Edge Evo, 10k, HPX, 203* T-stat

2.5" Lift, 285/75 Toyo ATs, Line-X, Shell & Rack

Coming Soon... 140v IDM,CCV Mod, Rear Air Springs, 4" exhaust behind delete and a set of MTs for snow!

Old 02-27-2008, 09:53 AM
Posting Guru

secondarychaos is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey all,
has anyone figured out if we can have an evo with dp or tw tunes? i really like the monitoring system on the attitude, but after reading that, i dont want the programs? anyone have luck w/ this?
Dan
Old 02-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Senior User

I will get my Evo back Friday with customized tunes from Power Hungry Performance. I asked about modifying the data streaming capability and...

From Bill Cohron at Power Hungry Performance:
"I can certainly expand the Datastream functions, I'll just need to spend some time on it. Tell folks to keep an eye on the website and when I update the firmware, I'll post it. If you could, let me know what people are looking for and I'll see how difficult it is to get it added. Also, a link to the thread would be cool."

Will start a new thread tonight.

Dinner's ready. Gotta go.
- Ish

Coming Soon... 140v IDM,CCV Mod, Rear Air Springs, 4" exhaust behind delete and a set of MTs for snow!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:20 PM
New User

ASEMechanic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd525
If we can only get TW to send his custom tunes to this guy that programs the edge, talk about package huh???????
That's not too far out of line. Tony and I are good friends and I am part of the reason (among others) he got into this business in the first place. I am sure we could work something out.

After looking at my stats, I am embarrased. I signed up 3 years ago and only have 3 posts to date. Damn! I'm a slug...

Bill

Last edited by ASEMechanic; 02-27-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Posting Guru

Todd525 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I Think that a lot of people would go for something like that. I know I would be KICKING down doors to get TW programs on my edge so that I can still use it as a code reader, and get all the data stream applications, 0 to 60, 1/4 mile. Talk about seeing a difference, you wouldactually have numbers to compare it to instead of a seat of the pants thing. GET ON THIS BILL!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!1 GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!

LOL
96 F350 CC Dually PSD. Tuner, straight pipe, 6637 filter, ribbed diff cover, 12.7k mod, 28k tranny cooler, 3 plate TC, autometer boost, trans, and pyro. Used 4 Car Haulers, 5th wheels, goosenecks, Fat Chicks.

01 F250 CC 4x4 PSD. SOLD.....Kinda missed already, and its Day 1.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...525/Loaded.jpg
Old 03-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Former ******

Power_Hungry is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bill Cohron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd525
I Think that a lot of people would go for something like that. I know I would be KICKING down doors to get TW programs on my edge so that I can still use it as a code reader, and get all the data stream applications, 0 to 60, 1/4 mile. Talk about seeing a difference, you wouldactually have numbers to compare it to instead of a seat of the pants thing. GET ON THIS BILL!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!1 GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!

LOL
Okay... Had to dump the ASE username but now I'm all legitimate. Wait, does that mean I was illegitimate before? Um... wait... lemme me think on that a bit!

I am working on a few wheels and deals and will have some information on Monday about what options are available for such situations.

Keep the shiny side up.

Bill
Old 03-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Posting Guru

Todd525 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Get em turning, I am waitin.............
96 F350 CC Dually PSD. Tuner, straight pipe, 6637 filter, ribbed diff cover, 12.7k mod, 28k tranny cooler, 3 plate TC, autometer boost, trans, and pyro. Used 4 Car Haulers, 5th wheels, goosenecks, Fat Chicks.

01 F250 CC 4x4 PSD. SOLD.....Kinda missed already, and its Day 1.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...525/Loaded.jpg
Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 PM
Senior User

Are you back in GA, Bill? I heard from Corey yesterday and my tuner in should be here tommorrow. I spent all day today getting my front end in working order. I ended up with cracked axle pivot brackets and cross member issues. We just welded everything and will cut it all out when I can do the D60 swap. Tommorrow, family time. Monday, me and my three year old daughter will see what's up with the new tunes.
- Ish

Old 03-02-2008, 01:06 AM
Former ******

Power_Hungry is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bill Cohron
Yeah, finally back. You don't realize how bad a 7 hour drive is until you have to do it twice in 48 hours. :P I drove back early for the similar reasons to you... family time on Sunday.

Let me know how the tunes work out for you.

Bill
Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Postmaster

MADVAN has a very good reputation on FTE.MADVAN has a very good reputation on FTE.MADVAN has a very good reputation on FTE.
Bill

Quick question for ya.
Have you found that the older tunes have to much advance with the ULSD?
Seems that the older pane tunes suit the winter ULSD.
Maybe just a summer/winter ULSD fuel thing?

Bill
Old 03-02-2008, 12:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
73, custom, edge, evolution, f250, f350, fried, program, programmer, programming, start, stock, truck, work, writer, writers