1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

No start after Edge programming

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Knotwild
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My truck came with an Edge, and I changed programming a few times. Then put it back to stock and left it out of fear of something like that happening. At least I have something to read data streams and codes with!

Good luck

Old 02-17-2008, 11:19 AM
Jordon_81
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks alot, any info helps out. I`ll have to call them tuesday.

Old 02-17-2008, 09:48 PM
MTNWOODY
Senior User
Originally Posted by Knotwild
My truck came with an Edge, and I changed programming a few times. Then put it back to stock and left it out of fear of something like that happening. At least I have something to read data streams and codes with!
Have you given up?
My truck came with the programmer, too. I have decided to have Bill from powerhungryperformance.com do customized tunes for my truck. I want to see what he can do with my code reader/data streamer....I'll let ya'll known what happens.
-Ish

Old 02-18-2008, 07:02 AM
Knotwild
Tuned
I have given up on the Edge. I like the idea that Wildman and DP actually tune for the mods on the truck it is used on and I like the idea of changing tunes on the fly. Since the Edge came free, it is worth keeping just to read data streams and codes, and to clear codes. I am going to check Bill's out of curiosity though.

I am not a racer or pulling a lot of heavy loads and I am very happy with the performance of my truck with the mods on it now, so I am not intense on the idea of getting a chip. But I would like to hear how it works out for you.

Thanks.

Old 02-23-2008, 12:40 AM
MTNWOODY
Senior User
My programmer arrived in Atlanta today. How should I do my tunes??? I will be talking with Bill next week. My truck is in my sig. What can it handle with mimimal modification?
- Ish

PS - How'd it work out, Jordan?

Last edited by MTNWOODY; 02-23-2008 at 12:45 AM. Reason: PS
Old 02-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Tim Shultz
Senior User
I got my edge evo last fall.. tuned and detuned my truck dozen's of times with not a single problem.. maybe I got lucky?

Old 02-23-2008, 09:02 AM
scatgo
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Tim Shultz
I got my edge evo last fall.. tuned and detuned my truck dozen's of times with not a single problem.. maybe I got lucky?
No problems for me too. The only thing I dont like about it is you cant switch on the fly but for the $260 I paid for it It will be great to have and now I am hearing people can do customs tune on it, and you get a code reader to boot, and mybe they can do something with the data stream, and you dont have to pull anything apart to install. Thats great, now if we can only get it to switch on the fly.

PS. I dont think you just got lucky. Iam sure just like anything other product you have the rare problems. The ones that were "MADE ON A MONDAY MORNING"

PSS. Thanks MTNWOODY for all the info you are giving us on what you can do with a Edge.

Old 02-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Tim Shultz
Senior User
yeah, the code reader and the date stream is pretty sweet.. one thing you can't do with a chip..

Old 02-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Todd525
Posting Guru
If we can only get TW to send his custom tunes to this guy that programs the edge, talk about package huh???????

Old 02-23-2008, 11:24 AM
MTNWOODY
Senior User
I hear that the stock tunes on the Evo have better luck with the 5-speed tranny. I will be talking with Bill today about custom tuning and hopefully have my Evo back this week. I have a CEL I need to clear.

Old 02-23-2008, 11:40 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MTNWOODY
I hear that the stock tunes on the Evo have better luck with the 5-speed tranny. I will be talking with Bill today about custom tuning and hopefully have my Evo back this week. I have a CEL I need to clear.
Up and running?

Bill

Old 02-23-2008, 11:49 AM
MTNWOODY
Senior User
Originally Posted by MADVAN
Up and running?

Bill
Yeah, The stock tuner that Edge sent last week thawed the PCM and truck runs fine. It threw a CEL when the PCM froze and my programmer would not read the codes. It will when I get it back from Power Hungry Performance...with some custom tunes for my truck.
- Ish

Old 02-23-2008, 11:55 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Originally Posted by MTNWOODY
Yeah, The stock tuner that Edge sent last week thawed the PCM and truck runs fine. It threw a CEL when the PCM froze and my programmer would not read the codes. It will when I get it back from Power Hungry Performance...with some custom tunes for my truck.
- Ish
Cool!

Bill

Old 02-23-2008, 02:50 PM
c00nhunterjoe
Post Fiend
good to hear its running again, another strike against edge in my book. i dont understand how they can sya your pcm is bad and it only doesnt work with theire programmer. tha is ridiculous, scrapping the edge is the best decision you could have made

Old 02-23-2008, 04:10 PM
MTNWOODY
Senior User
Originally Posted by c00nhunterjoe
good to hear its running again, another strike against edge in my book. i dont understand how they can sya your pcm is bad and it only doesnt work with theire programmer. tha is ridiculous, scrapping the edge is the best decision you could have made
Well...not really scrapping it. I am having the tunes rewritten and customized for my truck by a guy who helped develop it (Superchips development prior to his time at Edge). I already have an Evolution and I like the ability to go back to the stock flash (E4OD under warranty) with no overt signs of programming. It also gives me the ability to read and clear codes as well as some limited data streaming ( I am going to ask Bill about the potential for expanding this feature). I also get 1/4 mile and 0-60 times any time I want. I agree that one should not expect their PCM to freeze when reprogrammed and then have the proprietor say it is a flaw in the truck (I did pass this opinion on to Edge). I'll let you all know how it goes...
- Ish

Quick Reply: No start after Edge programming