Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: harleymsn

anyone in the montgomery/robertson county area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 PM
60oneton
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool. I wonder were everone else is. There has to be more guys in or around our area.
Im going to get the word out about this forum. I bought that little mustang from some guys up in Ft.Cambell. It started out as a 4 banger, they droped a roller motor in, its carbed not a fuely. It runs good, they didnt wont much for it, thier tour was up and they were going home, I guess they didnt wont to take the car, they wasnt from this state. Its not in to bad shape, but its not new. Aithough I do like the fox chassis I was more interested in the motor. Good to here from ya.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm with about should be more folks on line; I try to let everyone with a Ford truck know about this excellent site. I also am slowly putting a local group together to hang out in some towns vicininty of here; one month in Springfield; next month in Ashland city etc.
I would like to see anybody there; especially any truck eligible for antinque tags wether it as them on it or not.
I to head to church for annually Passion play right now; will talk at ya later..

Hope you understand my post..
Mitch

Old 03-14-2008, 09:27 PM
60oneton
Junior User
Hey customcab; that sounds like a lot of fun, gives us local guys a chance to hang out. It may even open the door for other truck guys that dont know about this site.
I see several nice old trucks around. I dont think any body around me knows about this forum. I lucked up on it. I was just sitting around playing on the computer, looking up some info on old fords. How old does a truck need to be, to be considered antique, or how about a classic. Good to hear from you, later!

Old 03-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
I don't know it my prevoius post was offensive on stating antique tags; as far as that goes it has to be atleast 25 years old for those special tags. I won't mind even if say an 08 model was hanging out with us; but I like to be able to draw folks who are interested in collecting the old classic's and manitaining them as a heritage of fords. I hope folks understand my intent..

Mitch

Mitch

Old 03-16-2008, 12:05 AM
60oneton
Junior User
I dont think there will be offense taken, were all Ford drivers. Your wright we need to keep the old ones alive, who knows by seeing other old trucks, a guy with a newer truck might look into getting an old one. I thought about getting antique tags for my truck I just havent looked into it to see what I have to do yet. I seen a real nice 78 or 79 4X4 friday, unfortunately I was changing jobs, wasnt able to flag him down, looked like somebody put some time in it. Thats the first time Ive seen that one. Stay in touch. LATER!

Old 03-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
I'm with ya; thought about making a little flyer to let people know my intentions; as well as about FTE.
Also; I know each county is possible different on vehicle registration; but in Montgomery county; its pretty easy; the key reason I have my 65 tag antique is I don't drive it hardly; more for show & shine; we do alot of charity events; at churchs and nursing home; those old folks will talk all day about our old cars in thier days.
Here you save the wheel tax and never have to renew the tags which should be the same in Roberston & Summer counties as well. I know alot of counties make you do emission checks; so it could be different.

Talk to you guys later;

Mitch

Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 PM
60oneton
Junior User
Its good to know that some people still belive in doing charity work. I ride motorcycles with a small group that does this. We do the toy for tots in Clarksville, well for the last three years, plus we do special Olympics, and what ever else comes along. Its alot of fun, and a good feeling knowing that your helping, even if its a small part. I tell you what, when I get that old ton ready, I will be more than happy to help out. I have a friend that has a 75 or 76 that needs a little work, Im going to see if I can start a fire in him. Well it sounds good customcab, see ya.

Donald

Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
I also ride in the toy run when I can; some years I have to work it; I just stand along the entrance to the fairgrounds with the fire truck waving at all the 1k bikes. That's a cool event for Leslie Watson & BWC folks.
Hey Donald; My brother-in=laws plan on going for a bike ride Saturday; we ususally meet up in Springfield. Aren't 100% sure yet too early in the week to tell. Maybe you can join us.

Mitch

Old 04-05-2008, 05:24 PM
60oneton
Junior User
Sorry guys Ive been out of town, got to go where the work is. Its rare that I get the chance to make this kind of money. Talk to yall soon.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Donald; Hey you got to pay the bills; I know what ya mean brother. We'll be here. My last few weeks been without any fun money.

Mitch

Old 04-24-2008, 10:39 PM
60oneton
Junior User
Hey Mitch Im starting to get hungry, when do you want to meet. Id like to meet you guys. Im sorry Ive not been on the site. As you know Im in construction and things are slow wright now. Me and my brother has even talked about going out west, to Colorado, where there putting in a pipe line. He has a good friend out there that said he could get us on. I dont wont to go, but the money would be good. Its just talk wright now. I hope things are well with you guys. Im still going to the super nats. Talk to ya soon.

Donald

Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
Donald;
As always its hard to get to together everyone is busy & job /family issue's etc; but this next Saturday (May 3rd) in Pleasent View off hwy149; there's a car show at the local Christian Private School. Me & DaJudge51 (Larry) are going to be there around 0930 until 4pm.
The school is on the west side of I-24 (Ashland city side of I-24) about 1 1/2 from interstate on left behind a use car lot.
Also we are heading up to Elkton KY Tuesday with TaTonka04 (Chuck) to hit the salavage yards. Your always invited.

Mitch

Old 04-20-2009, 10:55 AM
fordkid16
Freshman User
newby here in Clarksville , Woodlawn side of town.We just bought my son a basket case 73 F100 , body real nice but putting a 302 in it , ready to drop it in but need the right perches , he loves the old Fords.I have a 03 w/tritron , cold air ,touch screen race computer , magna flow headers and full dual exhaust ...it will get up and go lol...can anyone tell me where we can find jyard parts here locally besides D&D?

Old 05-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Customcab
Postmaster
D&D is the pits (and that's a nice word); got acouple yards in Elkton Ky, and one in Hopkinsville. But the best one is pull -a part (west Nashville); also one off exit 35 towards springfiled theres one as well. I left ya a pm.

Mitch

Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 PM
fordkid16
Freshman User
see my other posts for pics , my 03 was totaled a week ago ,so down to 1 vehicle and trying to get the 73 going quick to use until insurance settles.

Quick Reply: anyone in the montgomery/robertson county area?