Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Crewcab Only Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 04:11 PM
shoot4fun
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool! I got a customer that took the engine out of his A-star van. If they're similar to the W-star I might try to talk him out of them. I think the console would be fairly easy to come up with, or at least something close to it. Thanks!

Brad

Old 03-17-2008, 06:58 PM
shoot4fun
Senior User
well, here it is finally! She ain't much for paint, but wait'll you see the under side!

Attached Images    
Old 03-17-2008, 07:04 PM
shoot4fun
Senior User
A few more.

Attached Images    
The following users liked this post:
Old 03-17-2008, 07:55 PM
mando jake
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSSSSSLICK!!! Aren't those cabs fun to lift. I took mine off at the scrapyard and had the forklift guy load it. It was swinging back and forth as he hauled a$$ across the lot talking on his phone. I almost shat myself, but he got it on the trailer. Now when I got it home and was trying to get it off of the trailer by myself... things got interesting.
If you get ready to give that styleside trim away I can dispose of it for you.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Mr.N
Senior User
Big Big Blue or Pearl,

Could I get either of you two to take some picture of your front axle for me?
Thanks.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:13 AM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Shoot4fun - the floors look good on the bottom - just like mine did. I would check under the carpet if you have it though. Dang carpet in mine was trapping water and letting mine rust from the inside out. Underneath looks perfect, but inside it's not so pretty

Just another reason I HATE carpet!

Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 AM
shoot4fun
Senior User
Originally Posted by mando jake
SSSSSSLICK!!! Aren't those cabs fun to lift. I took mine off at the scrapyard and had the forklift guy load it. It was swinging back and forth as he hauled a$$ across the lot talking on his phone. I almost shat myself, but he got it on the trailer. Now when I got it home and was trying to get it off of the trailer by myself... things got interesting.
If you get ready to give that styleside trim away I can dispose of it for you.
Jake,
I kept tellin Bro-in-law we should pick it up @ a single point. He says "No, it ain't balanced enough. It'll fall". I've loaded and unloaded several hundred bodies of diferent sizes, styles and types. I don't know much, but I DO know how to get a body off. We stuck a 2x4 thru the front doors, threw a strap over the ends and adjusted it to lift level and Presto! It hung in the air 3 hours while we did some repair work to the engine before we dropped the white reg. cab on it.
You'd take that nasty old trim off my hands, and not charge me a Disposal Fee or nothin', Huh? Lemme think on that a while...

Old 03-18-2008, 08:12 AM
shoot4fun
Senior User
Originally Posted by ChaseTruck754
Shoot4fun - the floors look good on the bottom - just like mine did. I would check under the carpet if you have it though. Dang carpet in mine was trapping water and letting mine rust from the inside out. Underneath looks perfect, but inside it's not so pretty

Just another reason I HATE carpet!
Chase,
I'm hoping I'll get as lucky with the CC as I was with my first Reg Cab. You can't see it, but it's sitting on a frame up in front of the CC in my shop. When I started tearing it down I thought it was gonna be trashed. Had old dog food sacks and God knows what else piled up seat level in the P.S. floorboard, on top of carpet. The Original owner was a fox hunter and didn't give much thought to anything else. Peeled the carpet back and darn near fell over when I found the floorboards in PERFECT shape! Guess the crud on the carpet sealed it from everything. This CC has spent most of its life in Okie, owned by a Doctor, locked in a shed...And yes, it is ugly inside! In decent shape, but ulgy!

Old 03-18-2008, 08:19 AM
shoot4fun
Senior User
I have to get the Reg Cab mounted, then mount an old Ma Bell utility bed, which'll leave a gap between the bed & cab, where he wants me to mount the engine from a Festiva to run his 10K generator. The guy does lawn mower repair, and he's using it as his service truck. I get the CC body and bed for my troubles. Seemed like a fair trade at the time...

Old 03-18-2008, 10:52 AM
fomoco3904
Cross-Country
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I long for a nice body like that - it really is a great deal! I wouldn't have believed the 2x4 holding it up if I hadn't seen the pictures. I used 2 4x4" boards on stands to hold my stripped cab, and I was still concerned.

I still wouldn't have walked around your setup though!

Old 03-18-2008, 11:08 AM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by fomoco3904
I long for a nice body like that - it really is a great deal! I wouldn't have believed the 2x4 holding it up if I hadn't seen the pictures. I used 2 4x4" boards on stands to hold my stripped cab, and I was still concerned.

I still wouldn't have walked around your setup though!
with ya on that....a 2x4? thats gutsy! especially on the flat side. i bet theres something not seen. I'll be lifting a bronco body with a couple fo them

Old 03-18-2008, 12:56 PM
shoot4fun
Senior User
Where's your sense of adventure guys? I crawled around under this thing for most of an hour...

Old 03-18-2008, 04:56 PM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
heck, id skydive and fly for adventure...had a firetruck cab fall on me and it rearranged my neck bones....not an adventure to speak of... liked the pills though

Old 03-20-2008, 08:25 PM
scrapyardking
Elder User
Need some doors?

Ebay item # 140216157636

Old 03-24-2008, 11:33 AM
shoot4fun
Senior User
Looked at them scrapyardking. I'd like to have 'em as spares, but don't have any place to keep 'em at the moment.

Quick Reply: Crewcab Only Thread.