New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to FTE. Finally found a website for FORD Guys

Old 08-10-2008, 06:37 PM
drush70
New User
Ford Fanatic

New to FTE, finally found a website for FORD Guys!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:46 PM
crewcabz
New User
Roof/windshield seam, drip rail replacement- I just finished replacing a roof that was lowered by mother nature (tree fell on my crew) back to factory specs. I took the time to find the seams, seperate there, rust treat, weld together at the seams, square the windshiled (I cut the A pillars in half since the upper windshield seams was squished, and one pillar got bent in the impact), flush the rear window, fit the drip rails, etc. It sounds like alot, but if you can weld fairly well, it's not too bad. I have some shots of it on car domain and old ford crew cabs (not to endorse or advertise) if you want to look at a quick overview of replacement. Oh Yeah, you gotta find a good crew roof, or weld two together to get the right length...no skins available that I have ever heard of, or even heard mention of!!
Happy Motoring-Zeek

Old 08-25-2008, 12:00 PM
okwaho1650
Senior User
Any and all info on crew cabs help I DO want to know about what yours has it helps me a lot keep it all up and keep the info coming to keep our crew cabs trucking

Old 08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
dparrow
New User
Hi, I am new to this site. I just purchased and brought home a 1978 F-250. It has aluminum slots on it for rims Is this factory? It also has factory Air. 400ci engine and automatic. It is pretty rusty. Are cab corners the same for a crew like mine if I ordered corners for a reg cab? I hope to get some pics of it posted soon. Thanks for any help. oh yeah it is a crew short box.

Old 09-02-2008, 06:28 PM
pauls painting
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
help need info on wheel base

i need to find out the wheel base of a 77 f350 c/c srw asap . so i can get a trailer to haul the one i just bought home thanks, paul

or how long of a trailer do i need to haul this home also has 2 crew cab cabs that come with it does not have a bed

Old 09-08-2008, 07:24 PM
bendog
Senior User
Wheel base is about 150 inches. With 35 inch tires, the front of the front tire to rear of the rear tire is about 186 inches. Good luck.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:37 PM
vincenteer
New User
Crew Cab Headliner?

Hello -- I'm new to this thread and a proud owner of a 1975 F-350 2wd lb crew. Rusty front floors,but all the hand made parts (rear floors, entry wells, doors and the like) are all good. Here's the question -- What can we use as headliners? Earlier posts mentioned the edge trim and crosspiece and they're all there. Various companies offer replacement liners for standard cabs. Can tw oof these be made to work? Thanks for any help...

Old 09-10-2008, 07:13 PM
pauls painting
Senior User
well got truck home on sun . i have to replace front floors and repair rust around windshield and drip rails, so now the fun begins !!!
budget for build up is 12000 gameplan is:
1 i also got a 78 cc ranger xlt that is pretty much rust free little rust around drip rails should i swap cabs and fix a couple dent in 78 cab

2 suspension i would like to lower this 2 inches do they make lowered i beams for f350? every thing will be replaced with new tie rods bushings springs ect pump and box also

3 brakes are there better rotors calipers and pads for 1 tons this willl get hydroboost and possibly disc in rear if someone makes a kit for a dana70

4 wiring harness whats the best one for these trucks must be set up 4 power windows as this will be done also

thanks for all the help paul

Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM
blueknightcrew
Junior User
76 F550 Crewcab project started

The overall plan for the truck is to have the look to the 76 and the comfort and reliability of the Superduty. It is going to be a personal and possible work truck so I want some comfort for the family and I on long trips and the capability of pulling my 30 foot gooseneck a lot of the time. I plan on using a much of the Superduty as possible. Of course the plan may change a little along the way, but I have pictured this project in my mind for a long time so I hope it doesn't have to change much and disappoint me.

I'll try to paint the picture for you as best as I can. The chassis is going to consist of a 01' F550 7.3 Powerstoke 4x4 auto w/Gear Vendor overdrive. Front and rear will have 4:88 gears and 19.5 x 6.75 factor Alcoa rims. I was going to fab some front and rear bumpers but now with the body set I think that I can use a stock front and a nice drop bumper I already have. The body is going to a 76 Crewcab longbox with custom made dually flares. I had a few Mustangs on the past and liked the boss stripes and shaker scoops, so that's the look that I'm going after with the paint scheme and the functional shaker hood scoop. Another mod I have planned for the exterior is to incorporate 08' mirrors to get some better visibility for hauling and a 3rd brake light for added safety. Also for safety it will have the factory ABS, Airbags and e-brake. The interior will consist of the Superduty dash, steering column, seats, carpet, head liner, overhead console and lighting. As for right now I know that I'm going to make custom pillar pod for gauges and custom door panels( I know stock panel aren't going to last with 3 kids in and out of the back) I'm thinking some form of fiberglass.

I guess the rest of the plan I'll make up as I go.

Here's a link to the build-

http://www.oldfordcrewcabs.com/phpBB...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Man my blood is just pumping writing about the build.

Thanks to all the guys that helped me with questions over the last year to help me make some important decisions on this project.

Thanks Ron

Old 09-16-2008, 11:57 AM
crewcabwannabe
Senior User
Big fun plans Ron.. can't wait to see this come to life! Any idea how many hours this has/or will take?? ;-)

Your link doesn't seem to work on my side though.. got a different address/ place to see this beast of a project?

Old 09-16-2008, 01:38 PM
ChaseTruck754
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
sounds like a cool build - and like the last guy said - I wanna see pics and the link doesn't work.

Old 09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
lostinfords
Posting Guru
click onto his, blueknightcrew's gallery and you can pics of the F550/76 crew cab build

Old 09-16-2008, 09:26 PM
blueknightcrew
Junior User
New link!!

Try this one ,

Old Ford Crew Cab Community, Pre 1980 Ford Crew Cab owners community and information source.

and I do have a project gallery started.

I'm kind of keeping track of the weekend that it takes but the hours may scare me. LOL

Thanks guys, Ron

Quick Reply: Crewcab Only Thread.