Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

do you guys know a good lawyer

Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you guys know a good lawyer

any ways long story short...yesterday around 5 I was turning left (legal) on highway 2 (2 lane, one going each way) there is a hill behind me a trucker didnt stop and plowed into me at 50 mph the guy behind him said he didnt see his break lights until he hit me. My truck I am not sure if it is totalled I couldnt tell the bed is destroyed but idk about the frame, anyhow I had a concussion, now neck pain and shoulder pain and arm painpretty bad. But my truck since it is old (79 f150) and not in the best of conditions but I have a good amount of money in it, I need to get a lawyer cause this trucker is going to cause havoic though the police found him at fault, I jsut want someone other than my insurance to get me the best for my truck to fix it or whatever...so does anyone know a good lawyer in the spokane region/

-thanks

Old 02-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
I don't know if they are good, but rated pretty good.

Felice Law Offices
(509) 326-0510 225 W Main Ave Ste 100, Spokane
Casey Law Office
(509) 252-9700 225 W Main Ave Ste 100, Spokane
Morris & Morris(
509) 455-9080 220 W Main Ave, Spokane

Keep in mind the following:

- Your auto insurance company will mostly be interested in having someone else pay what they would have to pay you.

- Your health insurance will mostly be concerned with someone else paying medical costs.

- The personal injury laywer will try and seek money above and beyond that, but they usually end up with more than you will get. Most personal injury lawyers will give a free consultation and if the case is taken, not require payment until the settlement has been received.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Placermike; 02-06-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:42 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
thanks yeah I know, I dont have health insurance on myself but my insurance gives me up to 10,000 dollars for medical injuries and stuff. What I want a lawyer for is to make sure I dont get screwed over by the other insurance giving me the lowest possible for my truck which they will try and do. I was told because I have all my receipts for the truck (the work onit) I should be able to basically get it entirely re done. the back end and if the tranny or engine got messed up those too i have put a good amount of money into it. And I just want someone to go over it all with me other than insurances because they have a habbit of wanting to just get it done asap and try and get me a settlement at a low price because it makes them get done with it quickly..so I dunno I am looking into it, I should have the police report in the next day . I just know right now my neck is hurting more than anything, my arms and shoulders are hurting a lot

Old 02-06-2008, 07:33 PM
godblessmud
Posting Guru
Ask the po-lice you filed the report with, they usually can at least point you in a good direction.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:46 PM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd deal with the insurance company first. Lawyers usually start at a $2k retainer, non-refundable, no promises. IF the other company gives you a hard time, threaten setting a lawyer on them, then follow through if needed.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
well I actually have a friend whose mom will help me out if the cause arises for her needs so that is good.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:06 PM
whitebenz
Posting Guru
In my experience most lawyers don't care about vehicles as there is no real money in them for the lawyer. Besides if you have a lawyer do it on contingency you loose 33 and a 1/3 right off the top for the lawyers pay. So in the end do you really win anything?

Old 02-07-2008, 11:38 PM
caseys
Posting Guru
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Don't ask the "po-lice" for direction...they are not lawyers and are prohibited from giving legal advice on civil matters.

Placermike makes a good statement...

Old 02-08-2008, 12:40 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brent, Get a lawyer. You WILL get more with a Lawyer than without one. Yes you will have to pay, but thats life. If the Truck driver was at fault you may be able to proove Negligence... This will net you extra money.... My buddy was in a head on (not his fault) and his lawyer got him over 90K after FEES. Of coarse he has pins in his leg... None the less, You pay a lawyer to do laywer stuff, Police to do police stuff and an insurance guy to do insurance stuff.

BTW, How are you feeling today?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:40 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
the police report still isnt in, but I have strained muscles in my neck that aleve didnt take care of so the dr said to take some muscle relaxers and see how it helps. And I am just blah you know, and I have to call the police tomorrow to see if they have the report not just a collision one, the one where it says who is at fault and stuff. I have the truck at home now, but for a 100% it will be considered total frame is kinda crunched and bend down :-\ im going to go after all my medical expenses truck value and other crap.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:41 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
I dont want to go sue happy, just get what I can and not be like overboard lol.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:46 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
You are 19 right?
You have no clue about the long lasting effects of your wreck...I do not sue either, you have a legit claim against the driver and the trucking co. You need to stick with it, do not allow yourself to be bullied by your ins adjuster.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:54 PM
brentleedragon
Elder User
im 18, oh yeah I know thats why I am getting a lawyer to help me out on all this stuff I need to contact one again tomorrow. I want to make sure I am covered from these guys cause who knows what if I wake up and 6 months and I can barely move because something in my back that doesn't hurt now but is utterly screwed up then. I am going to have a busy day tomorrow calling the police department, and then finding a lawyer...funny part I am job shadowing a lawyer right now for my senior project but I think he is only state affairs im not sure he might be able to help out I dunno.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:11 PM
MARTYSTOWRIG
Cargo Master
I am sure he has buddies or contacts

Old 02-08-2008, 10:15 PM
whitebenz
Posting Guru
He would be the best one to ask for a referal to an lawyer that can handle your case. The other people to ask are chiropractors.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: do you guys know a good lawyer