Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Posting Guru

thedaddycat is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Schaeffer stuff in

Hi all, just wanted you to know that the stuff I ordered from Schaeffer is in. I ended up getting 12 gallons of the 9000 Supreme(full synth), a case of their winter fuel additive and some UOA test kits.

From the UOA I've seen posted I have high hopes for the 9000 Supreme holding up to the well known shearing action of the 6.0. I bought two cases of 6 one gallon jugs, it works out to $16.30 a gallon which is a little less than Rotella Synthetic at Wall-to-Wall Mart.

As far as the fuel additive goes, a 16 oz. can treats up to 125 gallons and works out to $6 a can bought by the case. I'll have to figure out how to measure it out so I can add some every tank. Maybe I'll put it in an old Marvel Mystery Oil bottle that I currently use for PS. It has a narrow spout and I can read the level marks on the side.

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in trying either the oil or fuel additive I can bring some to the GTG next weekend. Just let me know ahead of time and I'll throw it in the truck.
TAG, Power Elbow, Blisteins, gages, MBRP 4" Turbo-back
XCal2 by SDT, HFCM drain, Centrimatic balancers
ESP luber, Oilguard bypass filter
Old 02-09-2008, 06:14 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter