Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 02-07-2008, 10:32 AM
KELLY MCKINNEY
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Am Glad I Found A Place Where I Can Get Help. I Have A 2003 Excursion And Love It. Just Yesterday I Used Your Help To Change Cps. Thank You. I Have A Problem With My Interior Lights/running Board Lights Staying On. I Thought The Problem Was With The Rear Cargo Doors. I Unplugged The Running Board Lights, And Now No Problem. However, No Light On Running Board For Night Time Entry. Does Anyone Have An Idea What The Problem With Lights Is.
Thanks Again,
Kelly

Old 02-07-2008, 11:58 AM
njstevens
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the board. Well you could start with checking the connections to see if something is frayed or loose. Also check the bulb terminals to make sure you have proper connectivity witht he bulb. Sometimes a bad bulb can screw up many things. I know poeple will chime in and give many ideas from experince for you. Good luck and welcome!

Old 02-07-2008, 12:06 PM
VaSheriff
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome!

One random thought..... lay off the caps key, your posts will be much easier to read on the Internet.

Example.....

I am glad I found a place where I can get help. I have a 2003 Excursion and love it. Just yesterday I used your help to change cps. Thank You. I have a problem with my interior lights/running board lights staying on. I thought the problem was with the rear cargo doors. I unplugged the running board lights, and now no problem. However, no light on running board for night time entry. Does anyone have an idea what the problem with lights is. Thanks again, Kelly

Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
njstevens
Elder User
Come on Sheriff what's so wrong with caps. Gives the post a little something. lol

Old 02-07-2008, 01:05 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by KELLY MCKINNEY
I Am Glad I Found A Place Where I Can Get Help. I Have A 2003 Excursion And Love It. Just Yesterday I Used Your Help To Change Cps. Thank You. I Have A Problem With My Interior Lights/running Board Lights Staying On. I Thought The Problem Was With The Rear Cargo Doors. I Unplugged The Running Board Lights, And Now No Problem. However, No Light On Running Board For Night Time Entry. Does Anyone Have An Idea What The Problem With Lights Is.
Thanks Again,
Kelly
I had this problem before. I never found the cause. But what would happen is my interior and running board lights would stay on no matter what so i unplugged the batt everynight when i wouldnt use the truck. It only did it for a week and comes back every other month. Weird huh?

Old 02-07-2008, 02:04 PM
nebmike
Senior User
Originally Posted by i eat hybrids
I had this problem before. I never found the cause. But what would happen is my interior and running board lights would stay on no matter what so i unplugged the batt everynight when i wouldnt use the truck. It only did it for a week and comes back every other month. Weird huh?
I'm pretty sure thats just because its a 4x2. Every Excursion wants to be a 4x4... just get a good can of gremlin repellant and it'll be fine.

Heh!

Old 02-07-2008, 02:27 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by nebmike
I'm pretty sure thats just because its a 4x2. Every Excursion wants to be a 4x4... just get a good can of gremlin repellant and it'll be fine.

Heh!
Mike, how much does motorcrafts can of "gremlin repellant" cost??

BTW, every 4x4 expy EL or reg want to be just like their big brother (excursion)

Old 02-07-2008, 02:45 PM
weekendwarriorfsw32
Master of Strokes

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

BTW, every 4x4 expy EL or reg want to be just like their big brother (excursion)
Good one matt

Old 02-07-2008, 02:46 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by weekendwarriorfsw32
Good one matt
Thanks nick lol.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:17 PM
nebmike
Senior User

I'm pretty sure you can only get Gremlin Repellant from Amsoil. (Geez I crack myself up!)

Ya got me on the Ex / Expy thing. I usedtawuz an Excursion owner (4x4, of course -- which apparently makes me the 'size queen' betwen the two of us), and I miss it!

Old 02-07-2008, 04:26 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
I'm pretty sure you can only get Gremlin Repellant from Amsoil. (Geez I crack myself up!)

Ya got me on the Ex / Expy thing. I usedtawuz an Excursion owner (4x4, of course -- which apparently makes me the 'size queen' betwen the two of us), and I miss it!
That means u need another x. Especially after cin that thread in the superduty forum titled (superduty vs expedition in head on crash)

Old 02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
nebmike
Senior User
That means u need another x. Especially after cin that thread in the superduty forum titled (superduty vs expedition in head on crash)
What the heck was this thread about, anyway?

nebmike <---- completely innocent!!!

Old 02-07-2008, 04:39 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
What the heck was this thread about, anyway?

nebmike <---- completely innocent!!!
Crap, my bad. I forgot that we werent on the gatlinburg (random thread). Lets get on topic. If u want to continue this in the random thread mike im game lol lol. Sorry OP

Old 02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
nebmike
Senior User
Crap, my bad. I forgot that we werent on the gatlinburg (random thread). Lets get on topic. If u want to continue this in the random thread mike im game lol lol. Sorry OP
Did he just call me out?!? Ok, you and me... after school... in the gatlinburg thread. Bring your mouthpiece and safety goggles!

Old 02-07-2008, 06:54 PM
betontheturtle
Senior User
check thread for door switch sensor they need occasional lube( wd-40 etc. ) all of them, may help. welcome to the forum by the way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Member