Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Postmaster

cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.
Who Works Saturdays?

I've worked seven days a week for years now. Living on a farm means work, work, and more work. I've always been able to budget my time so I have a lot less work on the weekends, maybe 4 hours a day. Sometimes I'll just take a weekend day off. Now I'm fully employed at a real job. I have to work Saturdays 8-4. No real problem, but it just sucks. My girlfriend works Sundays, so we have no time to hangout on the weekends other than Saturday night. All my friends get to go out on Friday night, but I have work early and start at the farm before that. The only good part is my hours during the week are great. like today I worked from 11-5! Anybody else work Saturdays?

1995 Ford F350 XLT Regular Cab 4X4 7.3L PSD With 8.5' Diamond Plow
Old 02-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Senior User

ben97 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I usually dont work saturdays, but I work every sunday. And working sundays SUCKS! Talk about going to work with a two day hangover...
1997 F250 ext cab 7.3, 5spd, SMF, 3" downpipe to dual 6" bullhaulers, intake with Baldwin filter, Bully Dog 4pos chip, FPR mod, Autometer Gauges, 4"lift, Traction Bars, 35" MTZ's, Alpine Stereo, Sony speakers, Cobra CB, 154,xxx.
http://community.webshots.com/user/pogrelis97
Old 02-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Disgruntled Texan

texastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputationtexastech_diesel has a superb reputation
when you try to take college classes 5 days a week... work tends to spill over into ALL your free time. my fencing jobs are noramlly a friday night tear out and set as many posts as i can, then a saturday of digging, setting, and railing whatever posts have set up, then a sunday of hanging it if I couldn't finish it saturday. self-employment = working faster = more free time can actually be free

Nancy, you been going to that healer for twelve years, and you still get headaches every night.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:42 AM
Senior User

weeds is starting off with a positive reputation.
College kid working for tips-I HAVE TO work Friday & Saturday nights. You make at least 2-3 times as much as all the other shifts during the week. Definitely sucks not being able to go out & party, but at least I'm making money & not spending it.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:14 AM
Elder User

ididntdoit99 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
oOo I remember those horrible college days.... class from 8am-5pm everyday and work all night and all weekend.

Nowaday's I turn down $50/hr to work on the weekends.
Then again, I usually am doing work on the weekends for friends and neighbors, and that usually just pays in beer. LOL
Old 02-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Elder User

gnwalker is starting off with a positive reputation.
I hate the thought of working on the weekend but I should do it just to make money and not spend so much on the weekends
Old 02-06-2008, 02:49 PM
New User

Crazed1122 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I only work saturdays if i need the extra money or a project spills over from friday! but who can say no to some extra cash even if it means losing a saturday.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Posting Guru

silver05fx4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i only work saturdays if need be which seem to only be in the winter time when theirs not much to do

2010 F-150 STX EXT-CAB BLUE FLAME 33" BFG
prev-2009 F-150 FX4 CREW CAB 3.73 E-Locker,
2005 F-150 FX4 35"edge super 40's http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/album.php?albumid=485
Old 02-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Postmaster

73f100shortbed is a splendid one to behold73f100shortbed is a splendid one to behold73f100shortbed is a splendid one to behold73f100shortbed is a splendid one to behold73f100shortbed is a splendid one to behold73f100shortbed is a splendid one to behold73f100shortbed is a splendid one to behold
I work on Saturdays 8:30am to 3pm. sometimes later if I stay and do work on my own truck

1973 F100: 302, 3-speed, Hurst shifter, headers, dual exhaust
Old 02-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Postmaster

bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.bigdaddyII has a great reputation on FTE.
I work every other Saturday. But than, I work every other week as well. I love my 7/7 schedule. One week of the grind, the next week of whatever I feel like doing.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Postmaster

cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.cdrmotorsports has a good reputation on FTE.
Soon I'm going to be put onto a 7-3 Monday thru Friday, so it won't be a big deal. I just hope it happens before summer. Saturday is my fishing/boating day.

1995 Ford F350 XLT Regular Cab 4X4 7.3L PSD With 8.5' Diamond Plow
Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Postmaster

J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.J_E_Summit has a very good reputation on FTE.
I work Mon-Fri durring the winter and mon-sat the rest of the year. "the rest of the year" ussually involves 12 hour days with up to 2.5 hours of driving attached to it, but the driving time is paid for.

Jason
2008 F250SD XLT Chrome Supercab Long Box 5.4L Torqshift 3.73LS
SCT X3 from 5 Star, IQR Headache Rack, BetterBuilt Box, Custom Deckover
BC Chapter Member
Slackmaster #26
Old 03-10-2009, 08:29 PM
Posting Guru

flamebuster has a good reputation on FTE.flamebuster has a good reputation on FTE.
run a farm too. but winters usually 5 days a week, Irrigation time it's 7 days a week. Love it.....
2004 F-350 Super Duty Crew King Ranch . 6.0 psd...coolant, filter,egr. cooler delete, ccv. reroute, slotted and drilled rotors,kitty ran away, air bags,leveling kit, progigy,piaa lights, Warn HID driving lights, Warn 9,000i winch.
2003 EXP; All stock Wifes ride!!
Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
I work all day Saturday every Saturday and Sundays when I have to. Since I'm still in school it's the only time I can make a little cash.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 03-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Senior User

aaronlockhart is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm 19 and feel like I'm going on 50 most Saturdays unfortunatly lol.

I'm a third shift manager of a restraunt and have worked overnights on the weekend since I got out of high school (and even did more than a few times back then)... I keep thinking I should be one of the dumb acting drunk customers, instead of the guy who deals with them...
Old 03-13-2009, 08:11 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation