Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 AM
FTE Chapter Leader
2006 Ford F-350

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
30 Year anniversary of Blizzard of 78

Just saw in the paper this morning that they are doing a piece about the blizzard of 78..

Where were you during the blizzard?

What tale do you have from that week..

Hopefully BIGKEN wasn't cleaning off cars that week.. I wouldn't want to bring out those long forgotten memories..

I remember that I was working 2nd shift and they let us out early.. I was driving my 76 F250 with a plow back then so I didn't get stuck..

I remember not being able to see 4 ft in front of the truck.. I drove a guy home that night and we both got scared when a big dark spot came out of no where.. Luckily it was just a bare spot in the road and not another vehicle..

The wind was whipping things up pretty good..

I got home plowed out the yard then went inside. The next morning the truck was buried upto the bumpers..

Glad I wasn't plowing for the town that year.. It would have really beat up the truck trying to move all that..
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 02-05-2008, 10:56 AM
So Little To Say!!!
Garage is empty, add now

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
No Don...I didn't start in the car business until 1983...I was working in the supermarket business then. Just a normal citizen who had to shovel the crap. We didn't get hit in Western Mass as bad as you guys did on the coast.

Does any one remember that in January '78 we also got a big storm...about 15". I remember it well...my grandfather passed away that week and we buried him on the day of the storm. Despite the weather...we had a great turnout and gave him a great send off!!! Lots of Irishmen doing what Irishmen do at funerals...drink and party!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
NH Chapter Lead Pawn
2007 Ford Ranger
My Garage

7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all7283-F250 is a name known to all
Umm... I was 2

My mom told me I didn't have snow shoes so she wrapped my feet in plastic bags and stuck me outside where I started to cry because I wanted in.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
So Little To Say!!!
Garage is empty, add now

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7283-F250
Umm... I was 2

My mom told me I didn't have snow shoes so she wrapped my feet in plastic bags and stuck me outside where I started to cry because I wanted in.
She should have left you outside!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

psquare7575 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I wasn't alive yet
Old 02-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

CapeF250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I was visiting my parents in MA.I was on leave from the
Coast Guard in Alaska.It was snowing when I left Boston.
By the time I flew back to Alaska,the blizzard in MA was
well under way.(We had no snow in Alaska)It was a strange storm.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:59 PM
So Little To Say!!!
Garage is empty, add now

Hey...psquare and Cape...good to see you guys chipping in on the discussion...haven't heard from you in a while. Don't be strangers!!!

Cape...congrats on your 100th post!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Postmaster
Garage is empty, add now

boxcar1974 has a good reputation on FTE.boxcar1974 has a good reputation on FTE.
I was 3. The parents have pictures of the snow drift going from the second floor gable end all the way to the ground. That's like 15 feet. There is another picture of our dog att he time climbing up the drift and sitting on the roof.

Michael
Old 02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Posting Legend
2000 Ford F-350

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGKEN
She should have left you outside!!!

Damn your cold hearted goon....
Old 02-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Posting Legend
2000 Ford F-350

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
That was my first winter plowing snow and I was driving a "76" F-250 with a 360 gas and 4 speed manual trany..Great truck I miss that truck..

But I remember that we got nailed. And I had no trouble driving during that storm..

I also remember catching a buzz after the storm as well...LOL...
Old 02-05-2008, 10:04 PM
FTE Chapter Leader
2006 Ford F-350

donjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputationdonjamer has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by sglaine
That was my first winter plowing snow and I was driving a "76" F-250 with a 360 gas and 4 speed manual trany..Great truck I miss that truck..

But I remember that we got nailed. And I had no trouble driving during that storm..

I also remember catching a buzz after the storm as well...LOL...
Sean that is what I drove also.. Great truck I wish Ford would put that combination back on the road...
Don #3 SlackMaster
Chapter Leader of the Massachusetts Chapter
Join the MA Chapter Here
Currently own:
2006 F350 Lariat CC Super Duty, 6.0 L Diesel
FTE Fraternity OF Blue Max
Old 02-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Posting Legend
2000 Ford F-350

Quote:
Originally Posted by donjamer
Sean that is what I drove also.. Great truck I wish Ford would put that combination back on the road...

Hell yeah what a great truck with style...Love to find one of those trucks. I would be a happy Hippie....LOL
Old 02-06-2008, 12:20 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

fords8 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
fords8 fords8chaa fords8 fords8chaa
In 78 I was a kid. I do remember alot of snow.

Hey Sean, I can't seem to get ahold of you. You are always out of the office. Of course I seem to call you in the afternoon alot.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Posting Legend
2000 Ford F-350

Quote:
Originally Posted by fords8
In 78 I was a kid. I do remember alot of snow.

Hey Sean, I can't seem to get ahold of you. You are always out of the office. Of course I seem to call you in the afternoon alot.

Call me right now
Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

fords8 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
fords8 fords8chaa fords8 fords8chaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by sglaine
Call me right now
I will try you tomorrow. You got a PM also.
Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > New England Region > New Hampshire Chapter

Tags
plow, standish, truck