N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

I almost put my eye out!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Campbell 56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face I almost put my eye out!

Well guys, I did something stupid, again. I was under the '56 just starting to coax the running board bracket back into shape when the crow bar slipped. The claw end smacked me on the forehead just above my right eye, left a large bump and scraped off a bit of skin.

I always wondered why my dad had more cuts on his face when he was in his fifties and sixties. Now I know. Little Feat had it right, "Well you know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill."

I had a small headache that night (Sunday) and now have a mark to remember my limitations. But that won't stop me from working. I have to plan these things better and use that wisdom stuff that comes when you get ol.... uh, what was I saying?

And the bracket can stay bent. It's been working fine that way for longer than I've had the truck!

Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 AM
3Mike6
Postmaster
And I thought you just got a new BB Gun

Old 02-05-2008, 02:26 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I often hit myself in the head with a crowbar just to get the squirrel rolling again in its cage.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:25 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Campbell 56
"Well you know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill."
I can relate...

Old 02-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 121 Likes on 117 Posts
Ever hear of an invention called safety glasses? I wear them anytime I am under a vehicle, mainly because I dont like the idea of dirt, rust, or oil falling off and landing in my eyes.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:46 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Ever hear of an invention called safety glasses? I wear them anytime I am under a vehicle, mainly because I dont like the idea of dirt, rust, or oil falling off and landing in my eyes.
Real men just squint. (jk)

I can't wear goggles, because they tend to fog up almost as soon as I put them on.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Campbell 56
Senior User
Talking

I'm having hard time trying to respond to that shot Nighteyez without getting all defensive and stuff. I'm human and know better than putting myself in harms way, but sometimes I forget. Have I heard of "safety glasses"? I think I'm the poster child for them man!

My prescription glasses are impact resistant so I can be in the shops at work. They probably wouldn't have been much help in this case thoughif I had taken the crowbar in the eye. I was just lucky this time.

So, relax and let's work smarter not faster.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Adds a new angle to something being better than getting a sharp stick in the eye.
I swear, sometimes I think that anyone working on their trucks in their yard should always ensure having a video cam set up, just in case they can catch a winning vid for Americas funniest video competition. I know I've had a few classics too.
Glad your eyes are still in place. Even though it might look like you now have three of them. But it beats becoming the brunt of pirate jokes.