Stay Away From Ford in Greeley

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
BigGrizz76
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay Away From Ford in Greeley

Good Day Folks.

I just want to warn you all to stay as far away as possible from {company name remove - FTE Fred} (they bought ...) and of course the mother store in Ft. Collins Colorado.

They lack any class or customer service. I have purchased the following vehicles from these two dealerships in the last 7 years.

1993 Ford Bronco XLT $10000
1995 Ford F-150 XLT $12000
1999 Ford Explorer Sport XLT $16500
2002 Ford Expedition XLT (which was returned through a BBB complaint because the safe vehicle they sold me had SEVERE frame damage) $19000
2003 Ford Explorer XLT $29,800
2006 Ford Fusion $25,000

Plus I also own a 1977 Ford F-150 Ranger Reg Cab Longbed 4x4 that has been 100% restored.

Well I was looking to buy a Ford F150 Lariat SCAB 4x4 to replace the Fusion. They were unable to work the numbers for me so I bought from this wonderful little dealership in Lewistown, MT (by the way the BEST BUYING EXPERIENCE I have EVER HAD!).

Anyway, in order to get new plates I needed a VIN verification so I took the new unit over to SB Ford in Greeley. There, the kid at the service counter advised that it was going to be $15 for the VIN Check. That is all right with me, what is $15 after all. I did however have to mention that the Honda Dealership next door did these same checks for FREE. At that point he told me that Ford did not have to do the VIN check and to TAKE MY BUSINESS TO HONDA!!!!!!!!

I asked if this was his typical practice to turn away Ford owners and send them to the competition. He said yes AND THEN TURNED AND WALKED AWAY FROM ME!!!!!

Well, I asked to speak to the manager and he echoed the same sentiments. At this time I took off my Ford Fitted Baseball Cap that I had worn for several years proud as my Garage is Full of Fords and deposited on his floor.

As you can see they have made a sizeable dent in my wallet but are willing to give up the potential of literally $100k in business from 1 customer because of some hot head punk and $15.00 because at this point there needed to be a business decision made that favored the customer..

Said to say, but I am replacing the 2003 Ford Explorer with a 2007 GMC Acadia. Ford has no class and no respect for thier loyal customers. By the way, had I not bought the Lariat already, I am sure that the GMC I was looking out would have been just fine.

By the way. Honda of Greeley did teh Vin Verification for FREE and gave me a coupon for a 1/2 off oil change. Apparently they WANT me as a customer.

Thanks for hearing my rant. I digress.

Last edited by BigF350; 02-10-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:25 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGrizz76
...... Ford has no class and no respect for thier loyal customers......
Not Ford....but the dealership's service people. This is something I would bring to the attention of Ford themselves as well as the dealer's owners. I wouldn't go through alot, but just enough to let them know that their service people are costing them money.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:41 PM
62rag
Senior User
I've not had any service done at S-B, but I did buy a car there(Fort Collins), and it was a good experience. Conversely, when I went to Honda of Greeley to look at a van, I was bombarded with overbearing salesmen(ended up buying from Markely in FC). Service-wise I can't comment, sales-wise I know I'm not going back to Honda of Greeley.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:47 AM
BigGrizz76
Senior User
yeah I know what you mean, there needs to be a balance between the sales side and the service side.

Old 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM
sirthomas
New User
they just bought the Ford dealership in Pueblo also

Old 02-07-2008, 07:41 PM
ctubutis
Received 72 Likes on 56 Posts
Well, this is a change from past behavior. When I was living in FC as a CSU student 1990-95, I had SB perform some service work on my 1981 Mustang. They were courteous & professional and, the thing that impressed me the most, they called me up a week later and asked if everything with the car was OK. It was THAT CALL that surprised me the most, I was truly impressed.

-chris

Old 02-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
It is unfortunate, you could have handled things a little better, but there is no reason for any sales person to be rude like that.

Old 02-10-2008, 06:53 PM
palm428
New User
I Had Problems With S-b In Fort Collins.I Bought A Bronco From Them And They Had To Do Some Work On The Front End . I Picked Up Bronco And Drove Abount 1/4 Mile Away And Had 1 Lug Nut Left On The Front Wheel .Damaging The Wheel . They Took 1 Week To Fix The Studs And Put A Used Wheel To Repalce The Damaged One .they said That They Couldent Get A New Wheel .I Never Seen Any Thing Like That And Never Bought From Them Again.

Last edited by palm428; 02-10-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:08 PM
ceetwarrior
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I'm loyal to FORD I sure wouldn't let a bad DEALER Customer Service experience steer me away from the brand. Not for a Chevy, and especially an import-owned HONDA, heh.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:27 PM
tucker1999
Senior User
Originally Posted by ceetwarrior
If I'm loyal to FORD I sure wouldn't let a bad DEALER Customer Service experience steer me away from the brand. Not for a Chevy, and especially an import-owned HONDA, heh.
I agree with you. If their customer service is bad just go someplace else. The way I look at it is "My money spends just as good someplace else"

Our local Ford dealership lost over 100k so far in vechiles that I have purchsed out of town just because of a service manager that said a 2005 taurus getting 12 miles to the gallon was normal and never fixed the problem.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:46 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Well, we all need to vote with our dollars. I have always loved Fords, but had a bad exp with a BIG dealer in Northglenn, so I went to Alb NM and got a great deal. When I on got a lemon truck ( bought in Denver) I could not get the dealer to fix, went to dff dealer. When Ford would not fix a known defect, I went to a different badge. After 10 Ford trucks, and 3 bad lemons, I finally wized up and got an 06 Tundra and can't believe the quality difference. If Lexus were to make a truck it would be this Dbl Cab Limited. But if I ever get any grief from the dealer I will again find one that likes money. I can only hope that the dealers and the manufacturers get their stuff together soon as Toy will soon eat GM as it did Ford. They are nippin at the heels with only 3000 units behind in 2007. I do hope Ford makes a comeback as my brother works in an exec position and I sell them soft components. Alligiance to no brand.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:39 AM
galaxie641
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As a whole SB is just about worthless, they bought an OK dealer up here and made it worse. I've bought one truck there ONLY because I had X plan and it wasn't going to be 5 hours of BS to get a good price out of them. I've also had a terrible experience down at Formby. They had some used Rangers with major air controls not working, as well as other problems, and they claimed they put all the money they could into the truck and we could take it or leave it. Went up the road to Loveland and found just what we wanted.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:52 PM
F0rdzTuff
Elder User
S-B is a pain in the butt. H-F in Loveland isn't any better. I used to be a Diesel Tech at S-B, but they never wanted to fix anything right when it was a warranty claim. I moved on and opened my own shop last year. I mostly work on foriegn crap, but own nothing but Ford's. I buy mine down in the Springs.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 PM
jrzoffroad
Mountain Pass
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you have an issue with an employee of a dealership or any other service type business, you really need to let a member of that businesses management know about it. Give them a chance to make it right. I have had a lot good experiences with S/B Ford

Old 02-29-2008, 10:15 PM
palm428
New User
I Did That Nothing Was Done. I Think That The Ford Dealers In N Colorado All Suck

Quick Reply: Stay Away From Ford in Greeley