Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Junior User

billygoat is starting off with a positive reputation.
AUX button on Ford Radios - iPod capable?

I have an 02 X with the double din 6 disc changer without the AUX buttom (mine has the Comp button there) and I was wondering what this button is used for? I do not have the DVD player, however, I do have the rear controls and the controls on the steering wheel.

I would like to know if I can rig up a RCA output on the radios that have the AUX button, such as model no# 6C2T-18C869-AB or the Audiophile 6L8T-18C815-FD. I would like to keep the stock look and hook up my iPod classic to it

I do not know what the AUX button is for. I went to www.radiosandmore.com, however there isn't any mention of what the function is.

TIA

4" MBRP Exhaust
K&N Filter
Edge Evolution 15001 Programmer
Harley Davidson 18X8 Rims Powdercoated Flat Black
Ford 30mm Rear Sway Bar
Ford V Code leaf springs in front, B Code in rear w/ Bilsteins
Mag Hytec tranny pan and rear diff cover
JBL P8652 5x7 speakers
Harley Davidson Headlamps
'05 Bumper and Grille Facelift
Old 01-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
I have an AUX button on my '05, and with a PIE adaptor I connect my XM radio to it. On my '02 with the 6 CD changer I also have a PIE adaptor. This one works with the CD button. The first push on the CD plays CDs, the second push activates the aux input. I can connect my MP3 player or XM to it.

The purpose of the PIE is to provide a way to connect RCA jacks to the Ford radio.

I got my PIE adaptors from www.ancoauto.com. On the left side of the page click on the Ford, Lincoln, Mercury. It will show you the PIE adaptors.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 01-30-2008, 03:18 PM
New User

djhuff is starting off with a positive reputation.
There are all kinds of adaptors to allow the iPod hookup. You can even control the iPod from the radio with the right adaptor ($$). Well, your first 6 playlists are counted as "CDs" and the skip forward, back function works with that.

You can also get adaptors to give you a line level out for external amps. Do a google search and they are pretty easy to find.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Post Fiend

i eat hybrids has a very good reputation on FTE.i eat hybrids has a very good reputation on FTE.i eat hybrids has a very good reputation on FTE.
I have a hook up for my creative labs media player. I bought the converter at circuitcity for $60 dollars. I push the CD button twice inorder to get it to play. I have pics on my gallery if u would like to see it. Even i use my media player for it, it should work on other forms of MP3 players.

2006 F150 Ext cab black (traded in on F350)

2001 Ford Excursion, 4x2, 6.8L V-10, 4" lift, 33" BFG A/T (Totaled, May 2009 RIP)
Old 01-30-2008, 03:37 PM