how much does it make

Old 02-03-2008, 01:39 PM
caverjoe
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much does it make

Just wondering what one gallon of WVO = as a finished product? I guess what I want to know is does one gallon of WVO result in more or less than 1 gallon of BD after the process.
I am very interested in trying this if I can find a WVO source. I found a complete processor for less than 1k. I think it said it was a 40 gallon processor. I would be good to go if I could produce a couple batches a week. Is that possible.
I have been looking at the links you all have suggested. some good info
thanks
Joe

Old 02-03-2008, 01:48 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by caverjoe
Just wondering what one gallon of WVO = as a finished product? I guess what I want to know is does one gallon of WVO result in more or less than 1 gallon of BD after the process.
I am very interested in trying this if I can find a WVO source. I found a complete processor for less than 1k. I think it said it was a 40 gallon processor. I would be good to go if I could produce a couple batches a week. Is that possible.
I have been looking at the links you all have suggested. some good info
thanks
Joe
It depends on your conversion rate and the quality of your waste oil. My conversion rates about 98% on average. IE: 1 gallon of oil = .98 gallons biodiesel.

Old 02-03-2008, 06:53 PM
monsterbaby
Hotshot

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have about the same rate as Don does, my oil is pretty good quality and if Iam not at least 96% I would start to worry.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:52 PM
caverjoe
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is exactly what I was wanting to know. Just trying to get an idea of how much WVO I would need to come up with to take care of my fuel needs.

thanks guys
Joe

Search this Thread