Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2008, 05:38 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Feb 1st

All BC gas stations going to pre-pay for fuel. A safety thing so no more attendants get dragged around. Kind of a pain but probably good from a safety standpoint.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 01-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Posting Guru

Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip
All BC gas stations going to pre-pay for fuel. A safety thing so no more attendants get dragged around. Kind of a pain but probably good from a safety standpoint.
I met Grant a couple of times, I knew his dad really well. Doug is/was a excellent clent of mine. It took a heck of alot for the DePatie family to get "Grants Law" passed. It might seem an inconveince to those outside the LML, But if it just saves ONE LIFE, then it is worth it in the long run.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:48 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Very true. It will sometimes be a hassle but is a good idea. And we will get used to it.

Like you said if it saves one life it is well worth it.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 01-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Senior User

mike240zt is starting off with a positive reputation.
About the only positive thing to come out of that senseless incident. Ya pre-pay is a good idea when it comes to safety.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:06 PM
The Pacifier

bigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputationbigrigfixer has a superb reputation
I don't want to take anything away from Grant's Law, but what it does for some people is just add another transaction fee to a bank account. Prepay at the pump, then you have to get more stuff inside like lottery tickets or cigarettes. I'm sure banks are loving this.

I do see why it was done though. It will save lives.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:24 AM
Posting Guru

sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.sedly is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
It will be frustrating at first,but we will get used to it.It's just sad how it came to be.We still got it pretty good though.I'm sure they have been pre paying at the pump's in Compton for years already.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:40 PM
BC Chapter LDR

I pre-paid today. Was going in to buy a coffee so I paid for my gas at the same time. Went back to the pump pumped my gas and left. No big deal really.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Posting Guru

Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.Secret Agent 069 has a good reputation on FTE.
I have always pre-paid. I find it easier...
Old 01-30-2008, 06:37 PM
BC Chapter LDR

It's good when they have the pay at the pump option. It's pretty quick then.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
I think prepaying is a good idea. I really like paying right at the pump then a guy doesnt have to go inside at all.

One thing I really hate is around here they want you to guess how much fuel your gonna put in.

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:37 PM
BC Chapter LDR

I think many of the stations now have the pay at the pump option although the one I stopped at today did not.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-31-2008, 09:04 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
See I think that should be a must. Have debit prepay at the pump, that would work.

Old 01-31-2008, 03:42 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Debit works really well. I had a little thing on my keychain that was linked to a credit card. Just swiped the barcode at the pump.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Posting Legend

Ive seen those, how did you ever get one of those?

Old 01-31-2008, 05:21 PM
BC Chapter LDR

I think the one I had was Shell. I think Esso has some little gizmo too. I thnk I filled out the application right at the station and the little tags got mailed to me.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 01-31-2008, 05:21 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia