1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Yep nother question

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:19 AM
southernspectre
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep nother question

97 F-250 with the 7.3l PSD SC lwb. So I like this truck, looks good ya know. Occasional little rust spots, but nothin that can't be sanded down and painted over. Thing is, is it NORMAL to be nervous before buyin a truck? lol. I am gettin it from a dealer (whos daughter I went to school with btw) and it has 150,000 miles on it. He is askin 6,999. Thing is I see little things wrong with it, like for instance it looks like it needs a front end alignment cause the front tires are kinda leaning in a bit at the top ya know? like angled in or whatnot. ALSO one of the lug studs busted off one of the front tires. Other than that it looks good I think. Its a 5 speed trannsmission with autohubs (which I have heard arent that great). What do ya'll think?

Old 01-28-2008, 11:19 AM
skittlejr
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the problems you listed are quite minor when put into perspective. alignment is easy, but it probably needs new ball joints axle ujoints pivot bushings, etc. tough job in the elbow grease department but not too much for anyone with some wrench know how. so looks like a front end job which is anywhere from 400-600 dollars in parts from napa. and a solid weekend of work. do a search here to see how much work is involved. i did a write up on "ball joints" and another on "pivot bushings" if you search my posts. the broken wheel stud is no big deal since you would be doing the front end anyway. that price is not bad. auto hubs can be problematic according to just about everyone. however, i have been using them for 3 years now without a problem. they can be taken apart and regreased when you do the front end which is all i have done to mine and like i said they work great.