Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Senior User

lud04X is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diesel Secret???

I stumbled upon the DSE website that claims with an additive you can use WVO without modifying anything on your diesel.

I have a '95 Powerstorke Diesel and am interested in WVO instead of paying 3.50 a gallon for diesel in WA state.

My buddy runs straight filtered used tranny oil but he's a Powerstroke Diesel mechanic at a local Ford dealership and has access to it. By the way he's run it for two years with no problems in a '95 PS diesel. In winter he starts the truck with diesel and shuts it down with diesel though.

I just wondered if anyone used the DSE additive instead of heating the oil? Is it really snake oil?
Old 01-24-2008, 07:21 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lud04X
I stumbled upon the DSE website that claims with an additive you can use WVO without modifying anything on your diesel.

I have a '95 Powerstorke Diesel and am interested in WVO instead of paying 3.50 a gallon for diesel in WA state.

My buddy runs straight filtered used tranny oil but he's a Powerstroke Diesel mechanic at a local Ford dealership and has access to it. By the way he's run it for two years with no problems in a '95 PS diesel. In winter he starts the truck with diesel and shuts it down with diesel though.

I just wondered if anyone used the DSE additive instead of heating the oil? Is it really snake oil?
Complete waste of your $$$$$$$ try this link: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/49...=Diesel+Secret

Do a search in this forum for "diesel secret" and you'll find more.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Senior User

littledre1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think you would be better off investing in a good system to run WVO or SVO. I've done a bunch of research and have decided to get the Vegistroke system. I think you would be better off keeping the WVO and the diesel separate.
315/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II, Milemarker Hydraulic Winch
Old 02-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Senior User

lawngrease is starting off with a positive reputation.
It's Rumored that there is going to be system from Frybrid and Vegistroke that combines the best of both of their systems. I think that I heard that it may be available as early as later this year.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:34 AM
Senior User

lawngrease is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littledre1
I think you would be better off investing in a good system to run WVO or SVO. I've done a bunch of research and have decided to get the Vegistroke system. I think you would be better off keeping the WVO and the diesel separate.
Because of WVO tendancy to gell below 180 degrees, I completely agree on keeping them seperate.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Posting Guru

AndysFords is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you use good veggie, not lard or shortening, and you mix it with 20 % diesel in the summer time, more in the winter, it will run in my old 7.3, 6.9, and my two 93 Dodge truck. I haven't become brave enough to run it in my Powerstroke yet, I think I might try it next summer. The old Dodges will crank and run on the mixture even in winter, the old Fords I have to crank on diesel and swap to veggie in the winter time. As for you who say I will burn up my engine, it hasn't happened yet, and I have saved enough money to buy me a good used engine, and if I burn up my Ford, its getting a Cummins. I have decided I'm to be the test dummy for all you guys, and will post my results later. I have already saved enought money in each truck to fix it, so I'm going to keep trying until I tear somethin up. As for the DSE additive, I think its crap. I've got some, I ordered it see what the deal was, but never used it. I also make biodiesel, I mix that with my veggie in winter, plus run it straight in my Powerstroke.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Senior User

firemediceric is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have often said that DSE is preying and profiting on people's ignorance. DSE would have you believe that the process is much simpiliar and quicker than the often successful steps to blending are. That said, the fact that DSE is still around taking people's money is a testimonial that blending does work.

As someone who is active in reading on various forums, I haven't seen anymore negative first hand reports on blending than I have regarding two tank WVO systems and biodiesel.

I think there are many people that get started with DSE and then tweak the process to make a better quality fuel than one would with the simplistic DSE process. If DSE or the DSE type process was destroying as many vehicles as some would have you believe, I really think you would see more negative first hand reports than what I have been reading.

I guess I'm already the guinea pig on this venture. So far so good for the past almost two years.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
73, 95, additive, dse, powerstroke, run, running, tweak