1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Shipping Question???

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
That is correct. Obviously when trucks are packed some packages are put on top of others. Top load only instructs the loader not to pile other packages on top. Of course a sturdy wooden crate would negate any worries. I bought a set of FG fenders and front valance on ebay, and had them shipped truck freight in cardboard boxes marked fragile, glass, top load only and they arrived in perfect condition.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C, No I do not work for a trucking, But I did work as a freight and traffic coordinator for a private company. I would find the class of frt that would move the fastest at the lowest cost from Point A to Point B so I needed to know the classifications,traffic tariffs and FOB points as well as all the U.S. carriers and their rules and regs along with the union rules of various carriers. Just helps to know some and I have used it. I still ship lots of stuff to my former employers dock and even use their forklift if needed. I think it is payback for the National Freight Procedure Plan that I wrote for the company to be used at the more then 50 locations across the US.

But I digress,,,,
Jon

Old 01-25-2008, 05:22 PM
cmoritz
Posting Guru
Thanks AX ,Made better sense the more I thought of it ,
Jon , I figured as much , I"ve also worked around the business ,though many year"s ago ,..terms you used jogged alot from my dusty memory banks ,..thanks all !!

Old 02-12-2008, 07:20 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
*BUMP* Well, what are the results. Did the hood get there ok ?? Any details yet ??

Jon

Old 02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
f100newb
Senior User
Hood what hood? Well the guys has been "busy" which is fine as I am just collecting parts at this point. He said that it will be shipped Thursday so we will see. I hope that it will not get here for week or so... Just got the big V so no lifting for a few weeks.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:19 PM
CIAF
Posting Guru
OUCH !!! or is that double ouch ?? Better take it real easy rhen.
Jon

Old 02-12-2008, 09:11 PM
1st Restore Project
Junior User
something of that size i would ship frieght, I agree with MECHMANCN i've had plenty of stuff shipped to me via UPS and FED EX and the boxes show up looking like crap, torn, dinged, etc. luckily till this point nothing has arrived damaged. But those have been smaller items than a hood. just make sure they take the appropriate measures for securing the item and hope for the best. As for the cost that is just the price of doing business through ebay.