Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Let's Design a Chapter Logo.

Right from the start - I have no skills when it comes to computer graphics, but some of you guys probably do. I'd like to see us come up with a nice logo to represent the SoCal / Hawai'i chapter. Let's start with some ideas. They do not have to be based on the FTE National logo.

I would like to see some sort of a background that would give away our location without having to be able to read the text - a geographic representation of SoCal and Hawai'i or something to that effect.But that is only one idea. I know you have more.

Let's hear them (or see them, better yet)!
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Posting Guru

73f350sc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.73f350sc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Here's one that I had tried getting opinions on a looooonnnngggg time ago.
Click the image to open in full size.
It's been in my gallery for Lord knows how long haha.
-Chris
New Member of the Kentucky Chapter
Old 01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Wow. Ask for and ye shall receive, huh?
That's pretty cool looking.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Posting Guru

73f350sc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.73f350sc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Thank you much.
-Chris
New Member of the Kentucky Chapter
Old 01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Iconoclast

Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
What, not hula girls?

corporations are not persons
corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Admin Emeritus

That's what I'm saying - meld the two regions with images that represent them.
I'm waiting for a graphics guru to show up in here.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-23-2008, 06:57 PM
FTE NorCal chapter LDR

Nighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant futureNighteyez has a brilliant future
Don't forget the surfer dude and his '40 Woody, or maybe a F-100 since it is a Truck chapter.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Admin Emeritus

C'mon guys, help me out here! Love it? Hate it? Have something else in mind?

We need to get this happening!
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-28-2008, 10:46 AM
Iconoclast

Bdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputationBdox has a superb reputation
I can't get past the hula girl!

corporations are not persons
corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons. corporations are not persons.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
hula girls would be nice but i like that idea of snowbunny for president better. man i do love snowbunnies.

oh oh oh the logo looks good but it kinda leaves out our hawaii buddies. do they have snowbunnies in hawaii?
Old 01-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Admin Emeritus

I know they have potential snowbunnies in Hawai'i.
We need a graphics guru to do something up for us. I can't draw a straight line.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-28-2008, 02:46 PM
Postmaster

nubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to beholdnubeee1 is a splendid one to behold
Its missing a Palm Tree...........my .02

Old 01-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Admin Emeritus

Also needs the Islands represented, and only the SoCal part of the state. (No offense, NoCal bro's). The Palm is good for both States. Click the image to open in full size.

This is from the site of an old shore battery at Bolsa Chica State Beach, Looking toward Saddleback mt. in Orange County.

It has squat to do with the logo, really. But I want to see some ideas. If we get some pics up here, maybe someone with some photoshop skills will come by and put a few things together.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-28-2008, 03:27 PM
Post Fiend

BradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud ofBradyCouchman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Also needs the Islands represented, and only the SoCal part of the state. (No offense, NoCal bro's)

but where does Socal stop and Nocal start?
Old 01-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

That question has been asked a lot of times, not just in here.Basically,we kind of leave it up to the individual, if they live in like Bakersfield or San Luis Obispo or somewhere in between, to choose whichever chapter better suits them. As far as a logo goes, I think everything south of the grapevine (Tehachapis) would be good. More or less the counties of: Ventura, Kern, Los Angeles,Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Imperial and San Diego.
But Inyo, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo people would not be tuned down. No hard, fast rule as far as FTE is concerned. They just want people to join.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-28-2008, 03:38 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter