Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Duracover Tonneau

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 09:48 PM
xnavyflyer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duracover Tonneau

I've been looking for a replacement for the snap tonneau that's currently on my '04 SCREW. The local Quality Bumper has a new Tonneau by the same people who make the DuraLiner called the DuraCover. Its molded plastic and it appears to be pretty solid. Does anyone here have any experience with this cover? It's about $600. Are there any other options out there for about the same price? Thanks for the help.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:19 PM
silver lariat
Senior User
You might want to read this thread - my BakFlip was $635 and I'm very pleased with it.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/2...ml#post5610427

Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 AM
Access Roll-Up Cover
Former Vendor
Roll-Up Covers

Have you considered upgrading to a roll-up cover? You may want to check out ACI (Agri-Cover, Inc.). We have a lot of different models and options for upgrading from a snap cover. Our most popular cover, Access, has a lifetime warranty and is only $479. It's a great tonneau and you can order direct from us and get free shipping. Check out our website www.agricover.com or give us a call. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Truck Stuff
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$479-$635, That is alot of money. There are alot of tonneaus out there for a lot cheaper. I understand that the Access is a roll up and thats cool if thats what your into but I mean if you just want a Snap I have them for 196.95 shipped. What about a Tri-Fold, its everything you love about a tonneau cover without 86 pounds of crap clamped to your bed rail. Just some food for thought........

http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.c...gid.101001006/

Old 01-22-2008, 12:32 PM
silver lariat
Senior User
Yes, there are a lot of tonneau covers out there for a lot cheaper - IF you want soft top, fabric roll up or snap on covers, that you can slice thru with any good knife. Even your tri-fold is fabric, so no, it ain't everything I love about a tonneau cover. If you're gonna compare prices compare apples to apples. Xnavyflyer indicated the one he was looking at was "molded plastic" or a hard top cover. Then he asked for similar options at similar prices. Show me a hard cover tonneau for $196!

And no, mine does not have "86 pounds of crap clamped to my bedrail." I got no dog in this fight, I'm not a dealer of any kind, I'm just trying to help the guy with his question. Seems to me if you are a dealer and you're gonna use these forums to push your product, at least be honest and fair about it.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Truck Stuff
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok so the 196.95 soft cover isnt really what hes looking for. And the 86 pounds of crap was kinda out of line. Well we do have something that i think might help. It is a Tri-Fold made by Advantage or Torza, it is their Hard Hat. Its a tri fold made of hard plastic and covered with vinyl. They also have one covered with Acrylic-Dyed Vinyl Fabric, like a convertible top.......

silver lariat my bad, i'm just here to add my 2 cents, and try to help you guys get good deals

http://www.buyautotruckaccessories.c...d-hat-premier/

and btw the Hard Hat Premier is 702.95 shipped......

Old 01-22-2008, 04:18 PM
xnavyflyer
New User
Silver Lariat is correct. I'm looking for a hard tonneau. If you accept the theory that tonneau's improve your mileage, I'm convinced that any gain is offset by that 4+ square yards of vinyl flapping around back there. The BakFlip looks like it might work but to be really waterproof I think that an over the rail type of cover is called for. Has no one heard of the DuraCover? Maybe I should be the guinea pig!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:06 PM
silver lariat
Senior User
I'd agree that to be completely waterproof an over the rail solid cover is probably best. Back in Nov I looked at tonneaus until I had tunnel vision. Did not see the Duracover. I did look seriously at one by Top Dawg that folds in two sections - opens from front half of the bed or back half. They make a solid single piece cover that looks similar to the Duracover you might want to look at. It may be more expensive. The solid fiberglass and aluminum covers were just way beyond my budget and I did not want a fabric cover, period.

I went with the BakFlip because I do use the bed of my truck often to haul my golf cart or hot air balloon. I didn't want to have to remove and store the entire cover everytime I needed access to my bed. The BakFlip can fold completely up and out of the way, or can be removed with two wing nuts and stored in the back seat should I need to remove it while on the road. Try that with a solid cover!

When I travel however, I wanted a hard cover so I could store luggage in the truck bed and keep it dry and safe.

I have no connection to BakFlip but I do love it so far. To be honest, I have seen photos here on other threads of BakFlips where the panels have warped and come apart. Maybe I'll be singing a different tune in a year or so, but for now, I made the right decision for my needs, and that's what is most important in the final analysis.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:46 PM
ranstl
Junior User
Originally Posted by xnavyflyer
I've been looking for a replacement for the snap tonneau that's currently on my '04 SCREW. The local Quality Bumper has a new Tonneau by the same people who make the DuraLiner called the DuraCover. Its molded plastic and it appears to be pretty solid. Does anyone here have any experience with this cover? It's about $600. Are there any other options out there for about the same price? Thanks for the help.
I have a Duracover on my '05.

Pros - Extremely durable. We have put sport ATVs on top of it for easy access at the trail head. It is light enough my wife can help me take it off when necessary. Goes OVER the top of the bed, creating a virtual water-tight seal (I've never had a leak). As secure as any tonneau can be.

Cons - I'm not overly crazy how it hooks on to the front of the bed (a metal tab mounted to the bed slides through a loop molded into the cover, and secured with a pin to create the pivot point), but I'm sure it won't ever come off when running down the road. Cannot paint. Last I checked it came in black and black.

I've had soft tonneaus, roll-up tonneaus, and fancy fiberglass tonneaus. This is the best performing one I've had. I liked the roll-up, but it just wouldn't seal up enough to keep water out. And on a Screw, you'd lose a relatively good percentage of valuable bed space.

Old 01-23-2008, 05:18 PM
xnavyflyer
New User
Thanks ranstl...I'll probably be going with the DuraCover. How much did you pay for yours?

Old 01-23-2008, 07:34 PM
ranstl
Junior User
I paid $500 through my dealership, negotiated down from $600, I think.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:56 AM
rpxr400
Senior User
I have an Advace (folding) Cover on my truck and am very happy with it. I had it on my '05, and moved it over to the '07 when the '05 was traded.

Similar to the Fold-A-Cover, but better hardware and contruction - at least the case when I bought it in '05.

Advance web site:
http://www.advancecover.com/

Cover images:
http://www.kcovers.com/hardware-images/index.htm

Old 01-24-2008, 12:49 PM
air1jpg
Tuned
I have a Undercover brand hard plastic I bought from a local Line-x dealer. I only paid about $600 for it. It has a biult in LED light to light up your bed and hydrolic lifts. The lifts detach and the cover easily detaches to take the cover off your truck. It weighs only about 48lbs and is completely removable and comes with hooks to hang the cover on the wall. I have been very pleased with it.