Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

California, Southern Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: wpnaes

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
ALL TIME GREAT Southern California Recipes and FOODS!

Chiles Rellenos, FISH TACOS, FISH BURRITTOS, Salsas, GUACAMOLE FRESCO!!!, and so on....

What is the most wonderful food (HOKU FUSSO!!!!) from Southern California you know of - and how do you make it?

I've missed it a lot.

(I used to live there)
Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 PM
FTE Administrator

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
What you need is a care package from that joint in La Mesa you were talking about.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 05:07 PM
Postmaster

Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.
I've a copy of the Landmarks Club Cookbook of Southwest Quisine published Charles F. Lummis.
Blue '58 Mercury M-100 Panel 223 I-6 w/ M-O-M
Black 1893 Henry Ford Quadra-Cycle (replica)
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments
Old 01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
FTE Administrator

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Isn't he the guy that walked out here from Ohio?
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
Postmaster

Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.Col Flashman has a good reputation on FTE.
Yes, he sure is & not many know that.
He was also the 1st City Editor of the L.A. Times, Poet, Writer/Author/Publisher, Editor of South West Magazine, the 1st Photo Journalist, Apachee Campaign War Corespondent, Archeologist, Founded the South West Museum, L.A. City Librarian, Knighted by King Carlos of Spain for the Restoration work on the Adobie Churches, 1st successfull Indian Rights Activist, Adisor to Pres. Teddy Roosvelt, promoted the South West as the Most Heathfull place to live & its Quisine the most Healthfull to eat & Built by Hand from Aroyo Rock his home El Alisal, which is now in the care of the Southern California Historical Society.

We could all get together & make a day of it for the tour of El Alisal one weekend. Call in advance so we have it all to ourselves & let the News Papers know that all these Classic Trucks are having a Meeting @ El Alisal.
My Replies Are Not Meant In An Offensive Way.... Ever, They Are Merely.... Straight Answers or Comments

Last edited by Col Flashman; 01-22-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:09 PM
FTE Administrator

That's the home up in the Arroyo Seco, off to the east of the Pasa Fwy, right? I never have been through that one.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Postmaster

Yes it is & it's Absolutely Marvelous!
Old 01-22-2008, 06:17 PM
FTE Administrator

That's a good idea, and a bit more central of a location for our members in The Valley and Simi.Let's see about this one for the next event following the Rincon Cutoff which we will set up at our coffee meeting of 3 Feb.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
You guys are making me jealous! One thing I miss about California is exploring the back country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks
What you need is a care package from that joint in La Mesa you were talking about.
Nah - I need to find the best memphis area hispanic owned taco stand, even if it's in a shady part of town.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Senior User

fun_suv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I need to find the best memphis area hispanic owned taco stand, even if it's in a shady part of town.
Look...if you have trouble ordering because the guys dont speak english very well, you know the food is going to be damn good. Rule of thumb
Old 01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
FTE Administrator

I have found that to be true, for the most part.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-22-2008, 11:39 PM
FTE Administrator

Casa Sanchez has a few good joints around - a couple in Long Beach and one in Whittier that I know of.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-23-2008, 06:10 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Casa Sanchez has a few good joints around - a couple in Long Beach and one in Whittier that I know of.
Casa Sanchez, Pepe's, Petes Patio, El Taco, Albertos...oh man, when do we eat?
Old 01-23-2008, 06:38 AM
FTE Administrator

PePe's? on telegraph rd? I grew up about 5 blocks from there - been going there since they opened in '75
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 01-23-2008, 06:52 AM
Senior User

Quote:
PePe's? on telegraph rd? I grew up about 5 blocks from there - been going there since they opened in '75
Yes sir, wait no...i think its on Slauson and Lakewood. Either way, you know the one. The guacamole is killer! I went to high school in Anaheim and they opened a Pepe's right by our apartment back in the 90's. Thats where i first tasted Pepe's.

Go to sleep!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:52 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > California, Southern Chapter

Tags
california, charles, club, cookbook, el, f, landmarks, lummis, norwalk, patio, recipes, taco