The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Spring Semester, what's goin' on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:36 AM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spring Semester, what's goin' on?

Well for me...

I finished my Private Pilot training last semester (actually the only person to manage it, our FAA guy ran off the next day and thus the other two guys who were ready for their checkride, both good friends of mine, got screwed over), so I'm starting my Commercial Pilot's License flight training Friday morning.

I'm taking Commercial Ground (Performance & Regulations), Commercial Flying, Brief Calculus with Applications, Composition II, and Sociology. Altogether it's 16 credit hours.

Still working at the airport (line crew) and attending SOSU.

So what's everyone else taking this semester? Still enjoying it?

Old 01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Fords&Farmalls
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At Delaware Valley College right now, in my Sophmore year. I'm studying dairy science, and hopefully I can get a minor in either business or agronomy. The school work is ok, but I am having a pretty good time at school overall.
Garrett

Old 01-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Red Star
Posting Guru
We currently have winter semester, if I pass everything (3 classes) I will graduate in about 4-5 weeks.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Red Star
We currently have winter semester, if I pass everything (3 classes) I will graduate in about 4-5 weeks.
Sounds fun, what are you taking and what are you planning to do after your graduate?

Old 01-18-2008, 06:38 PM
rivet96
Senior User
im still in HS. I got a ****ty *** schedule for the spring semester.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:24 PM
jimbo beam
Posting Guru
I finished putting myself through line school last October, and now that I'm a lineman I hate it.

I just started my first semester of formal collage, going for Information Technology, once I get a little further on I'll decide if I want to go the Networking, or Computer Programing direction.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:54 PM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
I just turned in my application three days ago for graduate school. I'm 15 hours short of Degree #1 (BBA-Acct) and hopefully about to be headed towards Degree #2 (MSA-Tax) and another 40 hours of class work.

My class schedule this spring inclues Managerial/Cost Accounting, Accounting Information Systems, International Economics, and Principals in Income Taxation.

Hey Fords&Farmalls.... what kinda Red power you got? I've got a 49 Cub and hopefully a line on a Super C near me.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:40 AM
laxman9206
Freshman User
Spring semester starts next wed. for me at York College of Pennsylvania. I'm in my sophomore year majoring in Mechanical Engineering. The stuffs tough, but there isn't anything I'd rather do. And yes, now I know why there are so many engineers with their heads up their you know whats. There are alot of students in the program because they are good at math and physics but struggle to find the spark plugs in a diesel engine. Trick question if you were wondering. I'm trying not to be one of those.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Red Star
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RangerPilot
Sounds fun, what are you taking and what are you planning to do after your graduate?
My major is Business Management. Currently I'm taking Selling technique, Employment law and some class in which you run a company (I forgot the name of that class).

Employment law is by biggest worry since I have really tough professor. We had first exam few weeks ago, 7 our of 8 of us in the class failed that exam.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:32 AM
jgc2521
Elder User
Originally Posted by laxman9206
Spring semester starts next wed. for me at York College of Pennsylvania. I'm in my sophomore year majoring in Mechanical Engineering. The stuffs tough, but there isn't anything I'd rather do.
Hey, Im a freshman starting tuesday on my second semester. Just wondering how its goin for you. Im taking engr 109 ( computing and something) and had to by a 140ish dollar program. Matlab and Simulink?? just wondering if you had to use them and how that class was.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:46 PM
fordboy_52
Lead Driver
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
my last semester will be a beer filled one. im taking organic and biochem and 2 ag classes. then the rest are time fillers. done in may

Matt

Old 01-20-2008, 09:31 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well, the way things sit right now, I will graduate next spring. I have an Environmental Studies internship, a Butte field study, Criminology, Environmental Sociology, Sociology, Business Writing, and Interpersonal Communications this semester, for a total of 18 credits. I can't wait to be done, again.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:15 PM
laxman9206
Freshman User
Hey, Im a freshman starting tuesday on my second semester. Just wondering how its goin for you. Im taking engr 109 ( computing and something) and had to by a 140ish dollar program. Matlab and Simulink?? just wondering if you had to use them and how that class was.
Unfortunately you better get used to those expensive books and programs. I never used either of those programs but know Matlab is installed on some computers around campus. I've used a program called MathCAD though, and learned from experience, "Give everything a chance, a program that may seem useless initially can really help in the future."

So what's everyone else taking this semester? Still enjoying it?
This semester I've got; Strength of Materials w/ lab, Engineering Math, Circuits w/ lab, and Thermodynamics w/ lab. So I've pretty much got my work cut out for me. But still enjoying it? Yeah!
Best of luck with the upcoming semester.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:13 AM
jgc2521
Elder User
i dont know about up their but ive heard statics and circuits is funnn (if you know what i mean)

Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM
RangerPilot
Post Fiend
How much has everyone spent on books?

For Commercial Ground (AVIA-2083) alone, I had to buy:
-Instrument/Commercial Pilot textbook - $170
-Aviation Weather & Weather Services - $83
-Commercial Pilot FAA Knowledge Test handbook - $64
-The Advanced Pilot's Flight Manual - $95
-Aircraft Weight & Balance handbook - $34
-Commercial Pilot (ASEL/ASES/AMEL/AMES) Practical Test Standards - $14
-Cessna 172 Pilot's Operating Handbook - $35
-Cessna 172 Checklist - $10
-------------------------------$505

Dropped another $20 today on the Federal Air Regulations book for '08. Nothing like reading government text to put you to sleep...

I spent a bit over $1100 altogether.

Quick Reply: Spring Semester, what's goin' on?