General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Wing Sauce Recipes

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 01:38 PM
gustav129
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wing Sauce Recipes

With football winding down, I decided to make my own wings instead of going out every sunday. I got some Franks RedHot Buffalo Wing sauce. Not a good wing sauce in my mind. Has that "tabasco vinegar" taste. Not that deep rich flavor I was looking for.

Anybody on here make thier own wings? Share your recipe for me to try out. Doesn't have to be buffalo, just good wings in general.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 AM
tewferford
Post Fiend
Okay, Here is my recp. Also do a search for hot sauce. There are many on this site.

Ok here goes. This is all made in a blender. Do not blend until I tell you to.
1 23oz bottle of Frank's red hot sauce
1 heaping tbsp cayenne pepper
2oz Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsp black pepper
8oz of Cajun BBQ sauce or any hot and spicy BBQ sauce.
I used to use Lea and Perrins bold and spicy but, they don't make it anymore.
3 whole Jalapeno peppers. B&G works fine.
Start blender on slow and work up to full speed.
I tried butter like all other recipes call for. It always came out to greasy soooo what I found was the last ingredient that tied it all together was.
1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise.
I know it sounds weird but it works real well.
While the blender is still running start adding the mayo until all is blended.
Shut blender off and stick your finger in to taste test.

What we do is save salad dressing bottles and then put this mixture in them. To pass along or store.

This recipe will give you a starting point. It is pretty warm on its own.
The best thing about this sauce is the longer it sits the hotter it gets.
This sauce is a dippin sauce. As a rule I don't cook with it, although I have coated the wings and finished under the broiler.

Wings have a very high calorie count on there own, so I almost always BBQ them. Here's what I do to my wings before they are cooked.
Cut all wings up. Discard the tips. In a one gallon zip lock add cut up wings. Roughly a half of a family pack. To this I put a 1/2 a bottle of Seven Seas red wine vinaigrette, followed by a palm full, hand crushed Italian seasoning. Squeeze all the air out and kneed the wings so seasoning coats the wings. Let sit for no less than 24hrs. What I normally do is make 6 or 8 bags and let sit for 48hrs. Then into the freezer.

When I cook my wings. I put them on one side of the of the BBQ (upper rack) and the heat is on the opposite side set to medium to low heat. (note all BBQS cook differently) adjust accordingly. Cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. and turn or move wings 3 to 4 times. You may not think it but, they come out crispy and juicy cooked this way without being burnt.

Now dip them in a good thick and chuncky Bleu cheese followed by my dippin sauce and understand what heaven is all about.

ENJOY MY FRIENDS!

Old 01-21-2008, 10:58 AM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the key to wings is a slow cooking time, you can use whatever sauce you like, but basting and flipping over a 5hr period at 200 degrees, blows the doors off anyones wings,period

i use franks(touch it up like tewferfords), or use petes wing sauce is ok as well....but im serious how its cooked makes a world of difference, makes you forget about the crappy sauce.

i also use a little brown sugar mixed with the wing sauce to form a glaze for the final basting with 15 minutes to go.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:27 AM
silentrunning
Junior User
The best wing sauce I have ever found is the Vidalia onion hot sauce you get at the Magnolia Plantation on I-75 in southern Georiga. It's the only place I have found it. I usually get 2 or 3 cases each time we go by there.

Doug