Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Downingtown Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 01:19 PM
weberr7
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Downingtown Dealership

I just moved to Downingtown and need to have some work done to my Excursion. There is a dealer on the Lincoln called Sloan. How are the diesel techs there? Is there a better place to take it? Thanks for any feedback.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Pacerguyel2
Junior User
I don't know about the guys at Sloan, but there is a dealership not too far from Downingtown in Thorndale called Brian Hoskins Ford. I know a tech. there named Nick and know he is pretty good at the gas stuff but not sure about diesels.Might be worth a shot.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:04 PM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
From my experience, Brian Hoskins does not have good diesel techs......stay away.....I bought my truck there and after a few visits i left them, and am getting ready to find another dealership for the second time. Diesel techs are just hard to come by, good ones at least.

Old 02-10-2008, 05:11 PM
bas157
Junior User
Originally Posted by King of the Road 04
From my experience, Brian Hoskins does not have good diesel techs......stay away.....I bought my truck there and after a few visits i left them, and am getting ready to find another dealership for the second time. Diesel techs are just hard to come by, good ones at least.
that implies there was a first dealership in the area you are unhappy with. Care to say who the first one was and why you don't go there anymore? Curious since I'm not sure what dealership to use since I just bought mine a few weeks ago.

Old 02-16-2008, 04:16 PM
arks
New User
I live closer to them, but had a couple bad service experiences with Hoskins a few years ago, so I'll never use them again. I just bought a new (gas) SD from Sloan in Exton and will use them for any warranty work. I have no idea about diesel techs.....

Old 02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i had the worst service at fred beans ford of west chester. i was out with the family for a afternoon ride on the blue route 476 when i got a flat, i pulled over and went to change the tire. before i took the tire off i went to glove box to get key for spare-NO KEY.called 800 no# for tow (warranty) and said they were sending out a truck. 1.5 hours later no truck. called again, lady said tow truck broke down and was sending out another co. tow truck. 2 hours later truck arrives(after calling family to pick up wife, kids). tow truck operator takes me to fred beans of west chester. i get there at 3 pm. i told service rep problem he says well be right with you.1 hour later a tech comes out and says where is your spare key. i told him there was no key. service manager and i get into it. to make a long-long story short, tech takes my truck back to bay,takes tire off and chucks it into the bed,gets dummy key to unlock spare,puts spare on, then he had my hood up for no reason and slams it shut. pulls it out laying wheels and says to me YOU OWE ME ONE. why, because i was cutting into his bar time. i flipped out! i thought the cops were coming. if fred beans was the last stealership on the planet i would by a chevy or dodge.( so mad my keypad buttons are stressed).

Old 02-24-2008, 10:44 PM
big poppa
Post Fiend
oooo noooo. did i say the C and D word. somebody chime in. uuuugggggg

Old 03-01-2008, 10:21 AM
King of the Road 04
Senior User
Sorry I should have mentioned, I bought my truck from Brian Hoskins......wont go back there again......Recently I have been having my service done at Fred Beans (I do all minor maintenance, I only go to the dealership for real problems and TSBs and whatnot) and although I always had a good experience, customer service wise.....I dont think they have a good diesel tech either, my E-350 is still running like a pig after it was "fixed".......so im in the market for a dealership with a diesel tech who knows what the hell he is doing........If anyone hears of one it would be appreciated.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:11 AM
big poppa
Post Fiend
king of the road 04, i went to tom massano ford in shilington,pa north of you. its off 222n exit for 724 bus. down on left about 1/4 mile. had my cps done there in 45 minutes.(warrantywork).